*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,389 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
coupland boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Where the hell did the queen of the trash people come from to capture negan? Was she just wandering by happenstance?

I don't care. I loved that!!!
FTAG 2000
AG
The Rick / Negan fight was the final straw for me and my wife (no rule one, and I know - cool story bro).

While we know they're just stringing this out to the finale, this whole season has seen multiple chances to kill Negan and he's only been spared by comical ineptitude of Team Rick. They go from one shot head shot snipers to not able to hit anything when aiming at Negan, or designing elaborate traps of the Saviors instead of shooting Negan with multiple guns on him.

Then that business last night. Rick could have just run around the vehicle and shot him but instead lights up the bottom of the car? And then all the talking smack in the building, etc?

Just bad TV at this point.
Johnsy3
AG
So frustrating. I know they aren't going to kill Negan unless it's some big moment in a season finale, but don't even have them meet up then. Or have there be some other reason other than uncharacteristic ineptitude that keeps Negan from being killed.
Ags #1
AG
I'm still watching but they have to end the show soon.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Was there an episode tonight?
Ags #1
AG
Yep
SeattleAgJr
let me guess. since negan was on the show last week, he was not in this episode at all?

Am I right?

I am giving myself 95% likelihood since this show has the poorest momentum management.
Sq1dvm
AG
Please, please, please let the Tara arrow have been tainted.
duck79
AG
My guide said it was a 2hr episode but the second hr was actually the premiere of The terror.
Trident 88
AG
Sq1dvm said:

Please, please, please let the Tara arrow have been tainted.
I'm sure Dwight's arrow wasn't poisoned. We can only hope that she kills herself before Dwight lets anyone at the Hilltop know.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I want to know how many extras have died multiple times this season. Each of these battle scenes involve (1) both sides starting with a group that doesn't seem THAT big, (2) lots of death on both sides, and (3) each group having about as many people at the end as they started with.
coupland boy
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

let me guess. since negan was on the show last week, he was not in this episode at all?

Am I right?

I am giving myself 95% likelihood since this show has the poorest momentum management.

Nailed it. I figured the same.
beanbean
duck79 said:

My guide said it was a 2hr episode but the second hr was actually the premiere of The terror.

They pulled this same BS on an episode in the fall where my DVR showed it was going to 2 hrs and it ended after an hour. I started watching at about 8:30 last night and saw that DVR timeline was showing 2 hrs and immediately thought..."riiiiiiiiiight."
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Exactly. I thought we would have trash woman and Negan's story progress as well as the battle at Hilltop. Maybe even bring back Aaron's story where he is hanging with the lesbian tribe. Nope, just a rope a dope to trick you into watching their new show.
toucan82
Maybe its just because the rest of the season has been bad but I kind of liked last night's episode
annie88
AG
I'm still watching, but seriously, how many times can they be such bad shots. They had the group dead to rights and missed half of them!

I'm glad to see that Negan has put on a bit of weight, JDM was too thin last year. Looks better. Thought he went a bit mental about Lucille last week, but whatever. It's a bat, dude!

And please, no more mental Morgan. Don't let him freak out again, please?

That they poisoned the weapons is a good twist, but we'll see what happens. I'm sticking with it to the end, but really stretching things now.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
coupland boy
AG
About the he poisoning of weapons.....on first flush it seems that is a major changing of the rules.

Granted, smearing blood and guts on you isn't necessarily ingesting it or mixing it into your own bloodstream. But you'd think if it was as easy as cutting someone with a tainted knife then when you're in the midst of 20 walkers with gore flinging every which way some of it would get in months, eyes, and open wounds long before now.
Trident 88
AG
annie88 said:

I'm still watching, but seriously, how many times can they be such bad shots. They had the group dead to rights and missed half of them!
They missed them for the same reason that the saviors decided to bunch up real close together and walk slowly across moonlit, open ground directly in front of a building with multiple windows for people to shoot down at them.

The writers for this show are ridiculously bad.
annie88
AG
Trident 88 said:

annie88 said:

They missed them for the same reason that the saviors decided to bunch up real close together and walk slowly across moonlit, open ground directly in front of a building with multiple windows for people to shoot down at them.

The writers for this show are ridiculously bad.
True, they've gotten worse every season it seems. Also, like NO ONE would hear the walker falling down the freaking stairs? I know they were tired, but no way.

And why are all the kids so ****ing stupid? The kid could've shot them through the fence, it has huge spaces between the wires, but NO he has to open the gate. Shades of that kid eaten last year.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
toucan82 said:

Maybe its just because the rest of the season has been bad but I kind of liked last night's episode

Last night's episode was near the top of all time stupid episodes. You should feel bad.
Ghost91
I wonder if the actors read the scripts and cringe, or if they're just in it for the money and don't give a crap.

Besides the stupid meandering dialogues that mean absolutely nothing, you've got characters who simply swap ideologies back & forth like they're trading shirts or something. One episode Tara hates Dwight with every fiber of her being and it's all Daryl can do to keep her from doing it by pointing out all of his redeeming qualities, next episode it's Tara having to talk Daryl down.
Same with Carol & Morgan - taking turns preaching "we can't kill them because that'd make us no better than theeeeeeemm...." versus "wake up, it's kill or be killed".

So gay.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Ghost91 said:

I wonder if the actors read the scripts and cringe, or if they're just in it for the money and don't give a crap.

Besides the stupid meandering dialogues that mean absolutely nothing, you've got characters who simply swap ideologies back & forth like they're trading shirts or something. One episode Tara hates Dwight with every fiber of her being and it's all Daryl can do to keep her from doing it by pointing out all of his redeeming qualities, next episode it's Tara having to talk Daryl down.
Same with Carol & Morgan - taking turns preaching "we can't kill them because that'd make us no better than theeeeeeemm...." versus "wake up, it's kill or be killed".

So gay.

Watching The Talking Dead and the interviews with the actors it's pretty clear they think they're working on some combination of Star Wars and Citizen Kane.
annie88
AG
To be fair is the first few seasons were very well written and very well done. The writing is getting kind of desperate now. I still think the actors are doing good jobs though.
AceAggie05
AG
Watched the show since the beginning. First time posting on this thread.

I have loved the series up until the last season or so, and am sticking with it till the end. Last Sunday's episode was pure garbage.

So you're telling me the Saviors were willing to charge a fortified position without using guns, losing Lord knows how many people, in order to slash a couple of people with tainted weapons?......

And THEN, the slashed hilltoppers turn, and walk through a living room of sleeping people and nobody hears them snarling and growling? After living with walkers for several years the entire room hasn't developed an ear for the noises that walkers make?

AND THEN, the scene cuts to a person casually walking through the room and gets grabbed by a walker after the chaos has already started......

AND THEN!!! Why the hell would Henry open the gate to the pen? And who gave him a key? I get he's mad about his brother, but why in the world would he step into the pen, when he could just shoot them from outside?

There was just too much dumbassery....

coupland boy
AG
Well, if you think about it there has always been dumbassery. In the first few seasons someone would invariably get in trouble because they 1, went off by themselves, and 2. Didn't tell anyone where they were going.

But, yes, the stupid has reached a point that it is tough to take. Pitch black and walking across a filed under cover of darkness Simon starts to whistle. WTF was that?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

We all know what's next; 8ish episodes of fighting the saviors with boring action and incoherent strategy and plot.
2 of the top fighters on the show get ambushed by the guys they are tracking despite being heavily armed and alert.

Did set up a badass scene, so I'll give them that.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I just looked up ratings. Outside of the Tourney, this is still the #1 show on TV. Amazing. Ratings are nothing like the glory days, but still #1.
Murder Hornet
AG
How much of those ratings are people that are just dug in and watching to see how it concludes?

I still watch on DVR but I'm nowhere near as invested as I was. This used to be damn near appointment viewingbut it's just hate watching now
cupcakesprinkles
AG
hopefully this episode will continue the trend where you don't really know the decision each character will make. That's what IMO has made FTWD currently better than TWD.

Garbage pail girl cleans up nicely from what she was before. I guess living in filth was her alter ego or something?

So when Morgan joins FTWD is it in current time or past? Or does no one really know yet?
beanbean
bthomas98 said:

How much of those ratings are people that are just dug in and watching to see how it concludes?

I still watch on DVR but I'm nowhere near as invested as I was. This used to be damn near appointment viewingbut it's just hate watching now
It has gotta be alot of people because you just described me to a T.
Stive
AG
Who did Negan pick up?
agsquirrel97
AG
Was was is just me, or did anyone expect Mrogan to smash the little kids head in thinking he was a ghost.

I too just hate watch this now, characters are just horrible at this point.
Sq1dvm
AG
Jadis maybe?
Who else could it be? Can't think of any saviors who it would be. Dwight and Simon are back at base. Don't think it would have been that cordial of a greeting for a Hilltopper.
regurkmatt
Dwight's wife?
SeattleAgJr
The most important question?

Did Jesus make an appearance on the Easter episode?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.