*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,347 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
aTmLoKi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charlie Delta said:

LHIOB said:

I like how they keep on saying "stick to the plan" when very few if any plans have ever worked out on this show.

I don't even know WTF the plan is at this point. The plot of this show so discombobulated.
But that's the plan...right?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm not gonna lie, I didn't watch last week and am not sure I want to sit through 2 episodes this week. It's like I'm unconsciously stopping watching this show.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I started watching last night's at about 10 and fell asleep about 25 minutes in
Oddity
I haven't watched in a few years. I still remember watching the very first episode, and was amazed by the directing, score and production. Season 1 continues to be my favorite season because of its apocalyptic tone. Season 2 was kinda a bore, but I still enjoyed some of it. Season 3 was great as was 4 and 5. I kinda lost interest after Negan appeared.
Charlie Delta
Oddity said:

I haven't watched in a few years. I still remember watching the very first episode, and was amazed by the directing, score and production. Season 1 continues to be my favorite season because of its apocalyptic tone. Season 2 was kinda a bore, but I still enjoyed some of it. Season 3 was great as was 4 and 5. I kinda lost interest after Negan appeared.

Agreed. Ignoring the bad writing, the sense of danger is gone from this show. They have also somehow managed to make me stop caring about any of the characters. Maybe there's just too many characters to focus on now, so we don't see enough character development.
justcallmeharry
S
Charlie Delta said:

Oddity said:

Agreed. Ignoring the bad writing, the sense of danger is gone from this show. They have also somehow managed to make me stop caring about any of the characters. Maybe there's just too many characters to focus on now, so we don't see enough character development.
I watched faithfully until this season. There is way to much effort to try to build up the suspense.

There is way too much dialogue that is absolutely repetitive and awkward.
Oddity
Character development is definitely missing. I had no connection whatsoever with the newer additions.

I remember being very emotional when Dale passed. Even though he was annoying, I still liked his character. Lori and Andrea were the most annoying characters, yet their deaths touched me as well as Shane's.

Writing is the key as well as the production. It's still popular though and will continue to be mediocre.
Oddity
You see, I don't necessarily mind too much dialogue. Good dialogue is a component I appreciate.

One of my favorite episodes from season 4 "The Grove" had a lot of dialogue. But, for an episode as such, it worked out quite beautifully.

I miss the conversations between Hershal and Rick. Very simple, and organic. Like a father giving advice to his son. Good dialogue can help build suspense, and iis essential in character development.
Ginormus Ag
AG
What's with the HC?

Is that in the comics?
justcallmeharry
S
Oddity said:

You see, I don't necessarily mind too much dialogue. Good dialogue is a component I appreciate.

One of my favorite episodes from season 4 "The Grove" had a lot of dialogue. But, for an episode as such, it worked out quite beautifully.

I miss the conversations between Hershal and Rick. Very simple, and organic. Like a father giving advice to his son. Good dialogue can help build suspense, and iis essential in character development.
I enjoy good, meaningful dialogue.

However, I don't think we're getting that.

"There is way too much dialogue that is absolutely repetitive and awkward."
Robert C. Christian
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

What's with the HC?

Is that in the comics?
Speaking of which isn't that like the 3rd time it has popped up? I know once in Atlanta and I feel like once more, but can't remember.
Robert C. Christian
AG
FrioAg said:

Ginormus Ag said:

What's with the HC?

Is that in the comics?
Speaking of which isn't that like the 3rd time it has popped up? I know once in Atlanta and I feel like once more, but can't remember.
Reddit had the answer:

A: Episode 1, season 1. In Atlanta, a Rick sees the reflection of a flying helicopter on a skyscraper.

B: episode 13, season 2. it's unknown if this takes place when rick was in Atlanta, or if this occurs later in the timeline, but a helicopter flies over Atlanta, drawing a herd of walkers in the general direction of the farm.

C: episode 3, season 3. A helicopter flown by an isolated remnant group of the national guard has a critical failure and crashes near Woodbury.
kapon
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

What's with the HC?

Is that in the comics?
i was wondering the same thing!
GIG 'EM!
AgFB
AG
The series has gone to crap but I liked this episode. Negan had zero back bends and some decent dialogue.
Stive
AG
I liked this ep too. First one in a while that actually showed any depth.
Counterpoint
AG
Stive said:

I liked this ep too. First one in a while that actually showed any depth.
That's two in a row I've liked!

*prepares for even MORE ridicule*

Joseph Parrish
AG
Counterpoint
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Neches21
We "cut the cable" recently which means I now have to watch commercials when streaming. This show isn't engaging enough to sit through 20 minutes of commercials so I'll probably just wait a year for it to be on Netflix.
91_Aggie
AG
I just going through the motions of watching this show now.

Just going to tough it out and see it to the end like I did with the Wheel of Time book series.
Bockaneer
AG
Watching finally- why wasn't this shown a couple weeks ago?
91_Aggie
AG
Bockaneer said:

Non-linear story-telling = Wow! Those directors and writers really are cutting-edge and don't live the by rules of everyone else!
Bockaneer
AG
right? Pretty much used to the flashbacks by now but the last couple of weeks were so drawn out and this episode just feels out of place by about two weeks... is it all JDM??
Bockaneer
AG
also, talking dead hinted at joining storylines with FTWD... great but how many years, months, weeks behind are they versus the Rick crew?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Bockaneer said:

I wonder if they are on a budget. They are minimizing the number of star cast in any given episode.
Sq1dvm
AG
Just got around to watching it last night. Did the 50 cal blow up or had they already off loaded it? Seems like they took it off last episode, but I can't remember.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I took it to mean it burned/blew up.
Ol Jock 99
AG
They blew up all the heavy guns and ammo. Throwing bags of dynamite is smart.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Sq1dvm said:

Just got around to watching it last night. Did the 50 cal blow up or had they already off loaded it? Seems like they took it off last episode, but I can't remember.
50 Cal couldn't even stop a jeep when it hit it right in the grill....
Streetfighter 02
AG
Embarrased to admit after reading 8 or so books I chose to read the WoT wiki.
Blanco Ag
AG
Wow, episode's been over for 15 minutes already and no one has bothered to comment tonight. Am I the only one still watching this show?

In case you were wondering, it was another par-for-the-course week, however, it did feature an awesome scene with a rocket launcher.
beanbean
Blanco Ag said:

Wow, episode's been over for 15 minutes already and no one has bothered to comment tonight. Am I the only one still watching this show?

In case you were wondering, it was another par-for-the-course week, however, it did feature an awesome scene with a rocket launcher.
An awesome scene? That was pretty terrible CGI. They continue to insult the viewers with totally skimping
on the budget with this show.
Centerpole90
AG
Not watching.

Has Sumlin showed up as a walker yet?
Bockaneer
AG
Watched it while catching up on twitter... seemed better except the widow didn't shoot the Benedict Arnold
Sq1dvm
AG
I enjoyed it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.