***ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD***

191,171 Views | 1256 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Swarely
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Boom. Favorite director, favorite actor.
TCTTS
AG
DiCaprio, Cruise, Robbie. Sign me up.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tom Cruise.

Would love to see him in a Tarantino movie.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Boom.

TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Tarantino describes it as "a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don't recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor...Sharon Tate."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
Tarantino, DiCaprio and Pitt!!!!! There's no way I'm missing this.
TCTTS
AG
And likely Margot Robbie as Tate.
TCTTS
AG

oragator
I know I am in the minority, but Pacino would ruin it for me. He and Giamatti must have gone to the same camp for overacting...it's just so over the top that I can't make it more than a few minutes in most of the things they do.

The project overall though sounds crazy interesting.
Bruce Almighty
AG
oragator said:

I know I am in the minority, but Pacino would ruin it for me. He and Giamatti must have gone to the same camp for overacting...it's just so over the top that I can't make it more than a few minutes in most of the things they do.

I understand where you're coming from, but the dude's 77 years old. When's the last time he overacted in a film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What's really crazy is that Pitt and DiCaprio have never acted together. You figure those guys would've worked together at some point.

Can't ask for a better movie for them to finally be in together.
FancyKetchup14
AG
"Mr. Tarantino, DiCaprio is interested in being in your next film!"

QT:
Duncan Idaho
Bruce Almighty said:

oragator said:

I understand where you're coming from, but the dude's 77 years old. When's the last time he overacted in a film.

He looks terrible for his age but Giamatti is barely 50.
Aust Ag
AG
What's a 77 year old supposed to look like?
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This cast tho.
TCTTS
AG
Indeed.
TCTTS
AG
Rothman is a notorious blowhard, so I wouldn't put much stock in his comment, but still, this all sounds fantastic. I haven't given the 2019 release slate much of a look yet, but off the top of my head, I think this has to be my most anticipated movie of next year. And I'm not even that much of a Tarantino fanboy (I still haven't seen The Hateful Eight, for example). But the cast, the setting, the premise, the promise... it all makes for the most excited I've been for Tarantino movie maybe ever. Cannot wait.
TCTTS
AG
(Ooof, yeah, just looked up the summer 2019 slate again... nothing else even comes close to this in terms of anticipation. Not to get too far off subject, but, in fact, all of next year looks to be one of the most mediocre in recent memory. Pretty disappointing overall.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good God. The more I read about this movie, the more excited I get.

I'm ashamed of my initial doubt of this movie.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-quentin-tarantino-leonardo-dicaprio-brad-pitt-screenplay-a8319531.html#gallery

another writeup...this one mentions possibly Margot Robbie too.... just saw the post above.

It does not appear to be centered on Manson/Tate though.

Sex Panther
AG
Yeah this movie is gonna be ****ing incredible.

Spilner, you should see if staff will change the title and make it the official "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" thread
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

(Ooof, yeah, just looked up the summer 2019 slate again... nothing else even comes close to this in terms of anticipation. Not to get too far off subject, but, in fact, all of next year looks to be one of the most mediocre in recent memory. Pretty disappointing overall.)
does avatar come out next year? that's the only one thought of that might be the exception to a generally underwhelming schedule.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good idea. Sent.
TCTTS
AG
Nope. 2020.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Off the top of my head, the major ones I'm excited for next year are Episode IX, The Lion King, and this movie.

Not really sure what else is scheduled for next year. I think Toy Story 4 and Bond?

But in any case, everything else is secondary to those top 3 for me.
Duncan Idaho
The film will end with a freeze frame of Leo and Brad running in, guns drawn to save tate and stop the Manson family.
Duncan Idaho
The film will end with a freeze frame of Leo and Brad running in, guns drawn to save tate and stop the Manson family.
Duncan Idaho
I am looking forward to a Tarantino take on the Sister Christian scene from Boogie Nights

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.