***ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD***

184,510 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aTmAg
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BQ78 said:

Finally watched this last night. I enjoyed the journey but when I got to the end, did not like the destination particularly.

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that in just six months, Rick made four films, they were released and he became a big star again? Should Tarantino have backed the first part into 1968, instead of Feb '69?
Most of those Italian films were most likely from same studio and producer, using probably the same crew and most of the extras. I would imagine, with the smaller budgets, filming probably only took a few weeks for each....so it's not unreasonable he tore through four films in six months.

And I didn't get the feeling he was a "big star" again after those films....just that he had come back to Hollywood having been a "leading man" in motion pictures again.
Sex Panther
AG
I think you're looking for the collector's edition Blu Ray/4K combo right? And yeah, I can't find it either... I'll probably buy it off ebay for a ridiculous price... but man I love this movie
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah
BQ78
AG
It wasn't assumed it was told. The first act is Feb '69 the second act August '69 in the mean time he goes to Italy and gets married the narrator said he made four films that were successful in Italy.
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

https://theplaylist.net/quentin-tarantino-bounty-law-direct-20200116/

Is there a universe where Leo comes back to star?
TCTTS
AG
They cover that in the article. He won't star. But I guess he could cameo at some point.
schmendeler
AG
I've read that article like three times and I don't see them mentioning who was going to be in it.

I can't seem to find it.
TCTTS
AG
Sorry, I can see how my wording is confusing. They cover that DiCaprio won't star. They don't cover who *is* going to star, as Tarantino hasn't cast it yet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

This is incredible. Excerpt from Tarantino's third The Rewatchables pod (King of New York)...

This is a fantastic watch. But, confusing because SLJ has said in multiple interviews that QT wrote the part for him after he narrowly missed out on the cop part in Reservoir Dogs.

It could just be that Tarantino lied to SLJ. Or SLJ is lying to us. But one of them lied.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Yeah in seriousness I was thinking the same thing. He filmed them in that period but it doesn't mean they were already released, etc. Obviously it shows them being released later by those dates and the narrator is simply commenting about the end result - the narration doesn't necessarily follow the timeline. we are looking at this from afar and after the fact. the narrator is commenting on the end result not the status at that moment.

Can you film 4 spaghetti westerns or B movies in 6-8 months. Possibly. In that era movies were filmed at a much quicker pace. But the timelines I've seen for movies like A Fistful of Dollars was like 10-12 weeks. If these were even lower quality and production budget maybe less.

TCTTS
AG
Not a good sign for OUATIH's chances, unfortunately...

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/pga-awards-winners-2020-1203471639/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like the BP is wide open this year and a lot of the contenders will split votes.

ie. Some may vote Mendes for Director but OUATIH for BP, or vice verse. Or Brad Pitt for Supporting Actor and Irishman for BP (to make up for not voting for Pesci/Pacino).

In other words, I think a number of movies have a real shot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed, Parasite is one the major contenders. The main reason I think it won't win is because it will undoubtedly win Best Foreign Film and many may be reluctant to vote for the same movie for BP. (I believe this hurt Roma last year.)

The real question to me is which movie the votes for Parasite will be taking votes "away" from.
TCTTS
AG
I may or may not have posted this because I knew you'd qualm my fears and be the voice of reason.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brad Pitt is an absolute lock for the Oscar.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Hah!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This feels like the best place for this.

Edit: Probably should've watched it before posting. This is awful and unfunny. Apologies to all.
MBAR
AG
Finally saw this. It was good, but honestly it wasn't great for me. Did love Pitts performance but I don't get why people think this is the best film of the year. Middle of the road Quentin for me.
PatAg
AG
I saw this. It was good, honestly it was great. Did love Pitts performance but I don't get why people don't think this is the best film of the year. One of Quentin's best for me.
PatAg
AG
I dont know if we talked about this, but I really thought the guy that played Tex gave an amazing performance in limited screen time. Would not be surprised to see him start to get larger roles

after I posted this I looked it up, and he is going to be in Baz Luhrmann's Elvis Presley movie AS Elvis
TCTTS
AG
Tom Hanks as Colonel Tom Parker. Has potential for sure.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Middle of the road Quentin for me.
While I agree with this, middle of the road Quentin basically translates to the best movie of the year in most years.
schmendeler
AG
PatAg said:

I dont know if we talked about this, but I really thought the guy that played Tex gave an amazing performance in limited screen time. Would not be surprised to see him start to get larger roles

after I posted this I looked it up, and he is going to be in Baz Luhrmann's Elvis Presley movie AS Elvis
it always interests me how sometimes a new actor will show up in a movie and then be in several other movies soon thereafter, often having worked on the next before the first is released.

how does this happen, that a person goes from nothing to several movies in rapid succession? it can't be luck. is it just like copycat effect from movie makers? like if someone takes a risk on an actor, then the actor must be ok, so it's worth putting them in your project, too?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I notice this all the time. Like Florence Pugh last year, had never even heard of her and suddenly she's starring in Midsommar and Little Women in the same year, and she's got Black Widow coming soon.

Kind of what happened with Chalamet with Lady Bird / Call Me By Your Name one right after the other.

My assumption is that studios know when someone is getting work, even if the movie isn't out yet. And they probably get their hands on footage from unreleased movies, if it's within the same studio. (Unless this was just an Entourage thing.)
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I notice this all the time. Like Florence Pugh last year, had never even heard of her and suddenly she's starring in Midsommar and Little Women in the same year, and she's got Black Widow coming soon.

Kind of what happened with Chalamet with Lady Bird / Call Me By Your Name one right after the other.

My assumption is that studios know when someone is getting work, even if the movie isn't out yet. And they probably get their hands on footage from unreleased movies, if it's within the same studio. (Unless this was just an Entourage thing.)
That seems likely, or perhaps through previous relationships established with other producers/directors. Every now and then a bad actor has this happen to them, but it does generally seem to be for quality performances.
MBAR
AG
PatAg said:

I saw this. It was good, honestly it was great. Did love Pitts performance but I don't get why people don't think this is the best film of the year. One of Quentin's best for
Quentin, is that you?
MBAR
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Middle of the road Quentin for me.
While I agree with this, middle of the road Quentin basically translates to the best movie of the year in most years.
Well, that I disagree with. Middle of the road Quentin is good but not great, IMO. I think he has a couple of below average films as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.