***ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD***

184,685 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aTmAg
Gomer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone wondered, my gosh Margot Robbie is hot hot HOT.
Liquid Wrench
Gomer95 said:

If anyone wondered, my gosh Margot Robbie is hot hot HOT.
Spoilers!!!
Gomer95
AG
And "supposedly" we only have one more Tarantino movie ever and that would be a Star Trek one. So get ready for people exploding in the transport beams and all sorts of freaky stuff and Picard saying "F this and F that #1!" and killing Klingons to the tune of some groovy 70's music.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mid credits scene was great.
Silvertaps
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mid credits scene was great.

Damn...we left before seeing it. I figured there would probably be one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If anyone is curious I'll let you know what it was.

An ad for Red Apple cigarettes with Rick Dalton.
Bruce Almighty
AG
It'll be on youtube within a couple of days
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heading to $41M+ opening weekend, a career best for Tarantino.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

ComScore/Screen Engine's PostTrak reports tonight that close to half of the audience (47%) say that their primary reason for seeing Hollywood is because of the director. PostTrak's norm for this metric is typically 7%.

The exit pollster also states that 37% of all moviegoers said the cast was the main reason why they went to see Hollywood, outstripping the average metric of 18%.
Matsui
AG
Saw it. Enjoyed it. Little dr**** in middle.
Olsen
AG
Just finished watching the movie with my brother and dad. It was an entertaining original movie and we received the cool promotional magazines of the movie on the way in to the theater!
Know Your Enemy
AG
I enjoyed it but it's probably middle of the Tarantino pack for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly, same for me. Which is still damn good considering his filmography.
Matsui
AG
I laughed so hard at rick dalton yelling at the hippies at the end to leave his street that I forgot those lines. How can I find what he said? I've done some googling but can't find it.
Matsui
AG
I enjoy leo when he goes on angry rants in his movies.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Matsui said:

I laughed so hard at rick dalton yelling at the hippies at the end to leave his street that I forgot those lines. How can I find what he said? I've done some googling but can't find it.

When he called that girl a "ginger-headed ****er"...OMG. Damn near spit out my Coke.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Leo was absolutely hilarious in this one.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Matsui said:

That he did it while still holding his mixer container full of margarita made it funnier.
Know Your Enemy
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Matsui said:

That he did it while still holding his mixer container full of margarita made it funnier.

While DRINKING out of the blender.
big-ag
AG
Gotta say, when they removed Steve McQueen and inserted Leo in The Great Escape, that was wild. Damian Lewis's cameo as McQueen was great as well.
Jim01
AG
As usual with Tarantino, I haven't stopped thinking about it all day.

One example of why he's so damn good to me:

The minute the acid cigarette came into it, and especially when Pitt smoked it, I thought "oh no. Here we go." and braced myself. One of my most hated film/tv tropes is the drug trip. The wavy camera, slurred speech, playing with frame rate and audio BS that makes us "feel" the trip. Just awful.

I loved the fact that Tarantino didn't do this. He just let us witness the trip instead of trying to make us experience it with the character and it was SO much better that way. Just an example of a choice that made all the difference to me.
oglaw
AG
I think Hollywood will come in at around three for me behind Basterds at 1 then Pulp at 2.

I liked that you could feel that Dalton and Booth were really friends and not just together because of work.

Lastly, the scene with Cliff and Bruce Lee was fantastic.
bmks270
AG
So I just saw this movie and I thought it sucked. Super boring, except the last 30 minutes. 1/5 stars.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Surprised it took this long.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rick's flamethrower Nazi movie was Hollywood's take on the legend of the Inglorious Basterds...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OldArmy71
AG
Is there a good time for a bathroom break about an hour or hour and a half into it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would say your best bet would be right when it first cuts to Rick filming the Western tv show. (When Oliphant goes into the bar.)

The first few minutes are just the show filming without much interruption.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Is there a good time for a bathroom break about an hour or hour and a half into it?

For me, it was right when Pitt went to Leo's house to fix his tv antenna. I got back right as the ice cream truck with a certain person driving showed up.
OldArmy71
AG
Thank you!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't really notice the running theme of QT casting celebrity children in this movie. Surely not an accident.

*****cat - daughter of Andie McDowell
Maya Hawke - daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke
Harley Quinn Smith - daughter of Kevin Smith
Rumer Willis - daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
Aggies76
AG
How was Timothy Oliphant in this? Really small role I'm guessing.
NukeAg10
AG
Guess you'll just have to go see it to find out.

Also, is this the first QT movie that Samuel L Jackson wasn't in at all?
Jim01
AG
He was in it. He was one of the cowboys sitting and playing cards in the first scene Olyphant and DiCaprio shot. The one where they drink Mezcal and the sit and talk. If not it sure looked a hell of a lot like him.
NukeAg10
AG
Damn. I actually thought that was him, but he never spoke so I couldn't verify it. Thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.