***ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD***

186,502 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aTmAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://pagesix.com/2018/08/06/the-real-people-portrayed-in-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood/
TCTTS
AG
Wow, the likenesses are incredible.
schmendeler
AG
So it seems that the Manson murders are playing a bigger role than they made it seem after all?
TCTTS
AG
I could see there being one big Manson scene - the murder - and that really being it. That, and big names will line up to bit play parts in a Tarantino movie. Still so hard to say what this movie is truly about.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't necessarily think so. I think maybe we see the event take place in the very end of the movie, but the murder is averted (a-la Basterds).

(Or maybe the opening? Playing with time in typical Tarantino fashion.)
schmendeler
AG
Good points
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty cool video.

TCTTS
AG
Really informative piece, especially the second page...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I honestly have an unhealthy level of hype for this movie. Maybe even beyond what I had for TFA. I find myself scouring the internet for set videos or anything else I can get my hands on.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, love it. I can't say that I'm at that level, but this is easily the most hyped I've ever been for Tarantino movie, just above Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Unless Dunham is playing a clueless, super annoying, ultra-liberal New York feminist, this feels like Tarantino's first misstep.
TCTTS
AG
The rest of the new faces/names...

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Unless Dunham is playing a clueless, super annoying, ultra-liberal New York feminist, this feels like Tarantino's first misstep.

Agreed.... however, given the plot she might also end up dead which would be fine by me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

She's insufferable
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
schmendeler said:

TCTTS said:

She's insufferable
Lena - yes.

As for Maya Hawke....damn Ethan Hawke has fallen so far his kid is known as Uma Thurman's daughter (only).

Sex Panther
AG
Lena Dunham better get Marvined

If that happens this will easily be his masterpiece
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's hoping she's the first Manson victim.
Aust Ag
AG
What did Bruce Lee have to do with any of this story?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Render
AG
Quote:

Doctor McCoy actor Karl Urban has confirmed filmmaker Quentin Tarantino intends to make his planned Star Trek film with the cast of the rebooted film series that began in 2009 and the acclaimed director won't be holding back on the more mature content. ...

"You shouldn't worry that it is going to be full of obscenity and stuff. He wants an R-rating to really make those beats of consequence land. If it's not PG, if someone gets sucked out into space, which we have all seen before, we might see them get disemboweled first" explained Urban. "To me, that was always one of the things I loved about what [original Doctor McCoy actor] DeForest Kelley did. He would actually capture the horror of space. That look in his eyes of sheer terror always struck me when I was a kid." ...

In the meantime, Tarantino is in the midst of principal photography for his latest film, the crime period-piece Once Upon a Time in Hollywood until November for its July 26 release date next year.

https://www.cbr.com/tarantinos-star-trek-wont-shy-away-horror/
schmendeler
AG
Render said:

Quote:

Doctor McCoy actor Karl Urban has confirmed filmmaker Quentin Tarantino intends to make his planned Star Trek film with the cast of the rebooted film series that began in 2009 and the acclaimed director won't be holding back on the more mature content. ...

"You shouldn't worry that it is going to be full of obscenity and stuff. He wants an R-rating to really make those beats of consequence land. If it's not PG, if someone gets sucked out into space, which we have all seen before, we might see them get disemboweled first" explained Urban. "To me, that was always one of the things I loved about what [original Doctor McCoy actor] DeForest Kelley did. He would actually capture the horror of space. That look in his eyes of sheer terror always struck me when I was a kid." ...

In the meantime, Tarantino is in the midst of principal photography for his latest film, the crime period-piece Once Upon a Time in Hollywood until November for its July 26 release date next year.

https://www.cbr.com/tarantinos-star-trek-wont-shy-away-horror/
I just hope he ditches that stupid alternate time line.
aTmAg
AG
I don't think I can watch this movie with Lena Dunham in it. At least I would have to bring a barf bag with me.
schmendeler
AG
I wonder if they got Burt Reynolds' stuff done before he passed.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
schmendeler said:

I wonder if they got Burt Reynolds' stuff done before he passed.
WOW... had not heard the news.

Just got off a plane. Ugh.

TCTTS
AG
Unfortunately they didn't. He was apparently set to film in a few weeks.
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Unfortunately they didn't. He was apparently set to film in a few weeks.
that sucks. is Christopher plummer available?
Ag 11
AG
Dewey Crowe
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That'll work.
Serious Lee

TCTTS
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

I would appreciate it if things from my personal life weren't posted on this board. I try to keep pictures of my wife from going public like this because it only encourages the paparazzi. I ask that you please take this down and respect our privacy. Thank you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My God she is attractive.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.