***ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD***

186,483 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aTmAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That moment when "Jesse's Girl" plays and he slowly zooms in on Wahlberg. ****ing amazing scene.
aTmAg
AG
I'm hoping like hell this is not like Natural Born Killer or Pulp Fiction. Any kind of biopic that follows Manson around would glorify it in some sense to some wackjob out there. You know jackasses like the Columbine killers would have LOVED to be featured in some future movie. If done wrong, this movie could be some sort of sick inspiration and cause a copy-cat (or worse) murder in the future.

If this movie is going to be made, I hope like hell it makes Manson and his clan out to be total losers (that they are/were).
Duncan Idaho
guns movies don't kill people. People kill people.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, Manson either has an extremely minor role or isn't in at all. It's mainly focused on DiCaprio and Pitt's characters and the Manson murders are something that's happening kind of as a backdrop. The whole Manson angle was way overblown in initial reports and the filmmakers have since made it a point to say he's not really the focus at all. For instance, Tarantino didn't mention Manson once during his entire CinemaCon presentation yesterday. Instead, as he hinted yesterday, "the movie is going to live on the precipice of a vastly changing film industry, the hippie movement and other bookmarks of the era." I think Manson is simply one of those "other bookmarks."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Quote:

Burt Reynolds, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth, and Michael Madsen are in talks to join Quentin Tarantino's next film "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood," sources tell Variety.
schmendeler
AG
getting pretty excited about this one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sweet Jesus. This is going to be Tarantino's masterpiece.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I hope you are right!
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
1. **** yes, I love Timothy Olyphant.

2. Lead role? I would've thought that was DiCaprio.

3. Can we please get Walton Goggins in there somewhere?
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Sex Panther
AG
Olyphant would kill it in a Tarantino flick
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nothing new to add to this thread, just felt like bumping cause I'm so damn excited about this movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Come to think of it, 2019 may be the best year in recent memory, as far as movies I've most anticipating.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Star Wars Episode IX
The Lion King
Avengers 4
Toy Story 4
Aladdin (Didn't even realize this is coming out before LK)
Bond 25
It: Chapter 2
John Wick 3
Terminator Reboot (Schwarzenegger and Hamilton)

Some obviously more than others. But damn, that's a hell of a slate.
TCTTS
AG
How dare you leave off Top Gun: Maverick.

There's also Glass (the Unbreakable sequel) and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, which I'm looking forward to as well.

But yeah, next year could be a great one. I'll try to get a 2019 release thread going here in the next month or so, when I can find the time, as I'm sure a couple 2019 trailers will start dropping this summer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Top Gun was a little before my time, so I'm indifferent, but if I know anything about Tom Cruise, he'll actually be piloting that F-18 and doing some insane **** up there.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I think QT has had some amazing films. He's a master at creating moments on film that really stick with a person where you're still rolling it around in your head for days after the movie.

But it's always been JUST a movie and people could take solace in that. Because face it, some pretty freaky s--t goes down on screen. And if Tarantino makes a film in the fashion he always has, not only will people not be able to hide our secret blood lust behind the guise of fiction, there's the very real possibility Manson could come out looking like a misunderstood badass. That would be bad.

Sharon Tate begging for the life of her unborn child, one of the female guests screaming,
"Stop! Stop! I'm dead already!"
while one of the Manson girls repeatedly stabs her from behind... that stuff is very F' ed up and I only read about it.

To watch it... wow. I guess we'll see.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This was an oft-mentioned concern early on, but I think it's been clarified that Manson himself will have a very minor role. (If any.)

And judging by what he did with Inglourious Basterds, I doubt he'd make Manson out to be any kind of badass in this movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bringing it back around to Tarantino, which Beatles song will he use in the movie? (Because he absolutely will.)

I'm sure it'll be one I've never even heard of.
Sex Panther
AG
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This was an oft-mentioned concern early on, but I think it's been clarified that Manson himself will have a very minor role. (If any.)

And judging by what he did with Inglourious Basterds, I doubt he'd make Manson out to be any kind of badass in this movie.

You're probably right. Fingers crossed.

What would be really interesting would be to track the other story arcs of this... whatever you'd call it... event.

For example Steve McQueen was supposed to be at the dinner party but decided last minute to visit one of his mistresses; infidelity saved his life.

The week before the murders Manson showed up at a man's house with a gun demanding money (coke dealer I think?). Dennis Wlson, brother of Brian Wilson and drummer of The Beach Boys was staying at the guys house at the time and was also under the gun. In fact Wilson ran into Manson a few times.

And then there's Roman Polanski who would of course go onto drug and rape a 15 year old girl and live out his life in France because of his fear of not getting a fair trial.

There's some interesting stories to be told.

Steve McQueen
PatAg
AG
AlphaCharlieUniformAggie said:

I think QT has had some amazing films. He's a master at creating moments on film that really stick with a person where you're still rolling it around in your head for days after the movie.

But it's always been JUST a movie and people could take solace in that. Because face it, some pretty freaky s--t goes down on screen. And if Tarantino makes a film in the fashion he always has, not only will people not be able to hide our secret blood lust behind the guise of fiction, there's the very real possibility Manson could come out looking like a misunderstood badass. That would be bad.

Sharon Tate begging for the life of her unborn child, one of the female guests screaming,
"Stop! Stop! I'm dead already!"
while one of the Manson girls repeatedly stabs her from behind... that stuff is very F' ed up and I only read about it.

To watch it... wow. I guess we'll see.
Guess you didn't even bother to ready anything.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
PatAg said:

Guess you didn't even bother to readyanything.

Come to think of it, you're right!

I didn't bother to ready anything at all!

Steve McQueen
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sex Panther said:

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Hadn't heard it before, but it certainly sounds like something that could be in this movie.
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sex Panther said:

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Hadn't heard it before, but it certainly sounds like something that could be in this movie.

Go listen to the White Album right now.
TCTTS
AG
This movie is going to be so damn good...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My god man
schmendeler
AG
It keeps getting more amazing
PatAg
AG
AlphaCharlieUniformAggie said:

PatAg said:

Guess you didn't even bother to readyanything.

Come to think of it, you're right!

I didn't bother to ready anything at all!
It's not a surprise to discover that you are the kind of person to think this is clever.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

This movie is going to be so damn good...

Donnie Yen for Bruce Lee or is he too old?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is there ANY actor on Earth QT couldn't get? I'm thinking not. Even with scheduling issues, 9/10 actors would do what they needed to do to work on a QT movie.

Trying to think of what current greats he hasn't worked with. Streep and Pacino would be amazing to see in one of his movies.
schmendeler
AG
Hanks?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.