***ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD***

186,428 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aTmAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Liquid Wrench
MW03 said:

Also, Charles Manson has a writing credit on this one, so it depends on how on the nose he wants to go.

I just learned that today from Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Pretty fascinating.

Quote:

Manson exchanged his writing credit for a sum of cash and a motorcycle, but was incensed when he learned that Wilson had changed some of the original lyrics. In August 1969, about a year after the Beach Boys recorded his song, Manson and his cult of followerscommitted several murders and were apprehended three months later. A recording of Manson's original version of "Cease to Exist" appeared on his debut album Lie: The Love and Terror Cult, released in March 1970.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Learn_Not_to_Love
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tomorrow, folks. I've got that feeling.

Give us that trailer, Quentin.
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah Crimson and Clover seems to have been done to death at this point (great song though)

Sidebar, I randomly bought the whole album (Tommy James and the Shondells) digging through vintage records one day, because it was cheap and it had Crimson and Clover and Crystal Blue Persuasion... its surprisingly awesome. The whole album is great. One of my favorite finds.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't know if there's any song in the world I so strongly associate with a show or movie as I do BB with Crystal Blue Persuasion.

That montage is amazing.
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah, it's incredible... Also, my last post inspired me to put the record on and I'm literally listening to Crystal Blue Persuasion as I type this. So good.
Serious Lee
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't know if there's any song in the world I so strongly associate with a show or movie as I do BB with Crystal Blue Persuasion.

That montage is amazing.
'blinded by the light' montage in 'Blow'.

also, Journey reportedly made millions off residuals from the sopranos finale.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, now that the Toy Story 4 trailer has dropped, I doubt we get it today.

TC, do you know if the studios communicate with each other so they can space out their trailer drops and not clash with big trailers on the same day?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well, now that the Toy Story 4 trailer has dropped, I doubt we get it today.

TC, do you know if the studios communicate with each other so they can space out their trailer drops and not clash with big trailers on the same day?
I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that it depends on the studio/movie. I doubt they "officially" communicate, but I'm sure Marketing Person X at one studio might mention something to Marketing Person Y at another.

That said, the newest Margot Robbie poster is more of an indication that the trailer likely isn't coming today than the TS4 trailer. It's obvious now that they're doing some kind of poster rollout leading up to the trailer, and I doubt a poster and the trailer drop on the same day. I'd say maybe one more poster tomorrow (Al Pachino?) and then the trailer Thursday morning - or - this is the end of the posters and we get the trailer tomorrow.
TCTTS
AG
Drove by that theater in the background yesterday. The Fox Village Theater in Westwood, where they have a ton of premieres. It's five minutes from my apartment and there's an In-N-Out I frequent right around the corner.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

"TCTTS lives in North Hollywood on Radford, near the In-N-Out Burger."
"Uh, the In-N-Out Burger's on Camrose."
"Near the In-and-Out Burger. The -- "
"Those are good burgers, Walter. "
"Shut the f*** up, Donny."
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
I still haven't ever been to that Landmark, but the Village Theater is awesome. Granted, it doesn't have assigned seating, and the chairs are a little uncomfortable, but it has that grand, old school movie theater vibe that makes up for any of its shortcomings.
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
The posters they've released look like they're for the new season of It's Always Sunny
TCTTS
AG
Meaning reviews will start dropping in May, two months before the film's release...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

TCTTS
AG
And now, the official site just launched. I'd say this means the trailer is almost assuredly coming tomorrow...

https://www.onceuponatimeinhollywood.movie/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bout damn time!

double aught
AG
ATM1876 said:

TCTTS said:

Drove by that theater in the background yesterday. The Fox Village Theater in Westwood, where they have a ton of premieres. It's five minutes from my apartment and there's an In-N-Out I frequent right around the corner.
Want to catch a movie there and at the Landmark down the street next time I'm out that way. Also, the shakes at that In-N-Out are great after walking around campus for a couple of hours.
I really like In-N-Out, but their shakes are low rent junk. Not worth the two bucks they charge.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Today?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rick ****ing Dalton!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I'm so in.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
When Pitt's character is talking to Bruce Lee, I swear he sounds like Lt. Aldo "The Apache" Raines.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A river derchi.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

definitely did a bit
aTmAg
AG
Was that smiling hippie dude supposed to be Charles Manson? I hope not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.