***ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD***

186,461 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aTmAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moving up into that coveted late July blockbuster spot (occupied in the past by The Dark Knight movies, Harry Potter, and the Mission: Impossible franchise)...

TCTTS
AG
What a blockbuster lineup for July 2019 so far...

07.05 - Spider-Man: Far From Home

07.12 - Top Gun: Maverick

07.19 - The Lion King

07.26 - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My hype for this movie is over 9000.
israeliag
AG
Gotta imagine that one or two of these are going to suffer in the way that Solo did this year. Wondering if we'll see some rescheduling to space out a bit.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
israeliag said:

Gotta imagine that one or two of these are going to suffer in the way that Solo did this year. Wondering if we'll see some rescheduling to space out a bit.

those are different enough demographics that i think they can stay where they are. i can't imagine there are too many people who would see all 4, most not more than 2.

Personally I'd probably only see

Spiderman cuz I tend to see most Marvels in theater
Top Gun only out of nostalgia (if it has good reviews)
Lion King - highly doubtful although I loved the first, but not a fan of remakes or live actions probably cable for me
Once upon a time in hollywood - must see love period pieces, Tarantino and the cast

kids are gonna see Spiderman and Lion King
teens are going to Spiderman and maybe Top Gun maybe, but they are too cool for Lion King
young adults will throng to Lion King out of nostalgia and might see Spidey or Top Gun
adults of kids will see Lion King with the kids and maybe one other cuz they don't have time
older adults like me will see Once Upon a time and either Spidey or Top Gun depending on interest
olds have no interest in any of these really

imho
mslags97
AG
I'd see all 4. And, for different reasons and in different ways, I am excited for all 4. I think most excited for Manson movie though.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

TCTTS
AG
I know we just keep repeating this over and over... but this really does look so amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly one year from this moment, I should heading to the theater for the first 7 PM showing.
GoAgs92
AG
First a million stars in the same movie, what's next a super long opening made in one shot....

QT is turning into Robert Altman

RIP by the way.

Not excited about this movie at all, seems like too many cooks spoiling the soup, and don't like how QT screwed over Roger Avary....
TCTTS
AG
Do you mean too many ingredients? Because there's literally only one cook here, and he's a master chef.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GoAgs92
AG
you'll be saying the same thing after watching this bloated movie.
GoAgs92
AG
TCTTS said:

Do you mean too many ingredients? Because there's literally only one cook here, and he's a master chef.

too many stars will likely result in a worse movie than otherwise, now if the master chef can keep the egos in check...it could be a great movie.

A Master Chef who steals other peoples recipes and pretends they are his own? again see Mr. Avary.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, QT's track record suggests he can't handle an ensemble cast.
schmendeler
AG
I think he's just trying to be Redstone
Sex Panther
AG
lol... is this guy serious
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I love people who declare movies to be a disaster... a year before release.

they get a lot of credit with me for their pre-cognition.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah, QT's track record suggests he can't handle an ensemble cast.

exactly:

PF - Travolta, SLJ, Bruce, Thurman, Roth, Keitel, Walken, Plummer, Ving, Arquett, Buscemi

H8 - SLJ, Russell, JJ Leigh, Roth. Goggins, Masden, Dern, Tatum

DjU - DiCaprio, Waltz, Foxx, SLJ, K. Washington, Goggins, Don Johnson, Masden, Dern, Jonah Hill

GoAgs92
AG
never saw Django...which is spelled with a D by the way.

those ensembles don't have nearly the star power of this thing.

If he can get it done, more power to him....I'll believe it when I see it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
and several of them he has worked with before especially the 2 leads.

Pitt
DiCaprio
plus
Russell
Madsen
Roth

Robbie, Olyphant, D. Lewis, S. McNairy all have great reputations I can's see any problems there.

Emile Hirsch, James Marsden likewise.

Pacino has a small role really, as does Burt Reynolds. they are stubborn old school big stars...but i doubt they would be an issue in these roles.

Dakota Fanning is about the most out there and has a bit of a reputation on set.

But then again I've never seen anyone give Tarantino problems - he is known to work great with everyone and they want to work with him. I can't see the cast size or people as any issue at all.

I've never heard of one on set issue in a Tarantino film except the Uma Thurman car crash in KB2.. but they settled their differences about that and even she said she would work with him again.

And he has worked with Travolta, Foxx, Don Johnson, P. Arquette, Harvey Keitel, etc..... all of whom can be divas.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

never saw Django...which is spelled with a D by the way.
GoAgs92
AG
I hope he can pull it off and I hope it's on par with PF or at least RD....the rest of his movies are good but don't reach that level.

Travoltas career was on fumes before PF so I'd hope he'd be more of a team player.
Serious Lee
curious what kind of behind the scenes TCTTS can provide us. What kind of a clusterfck does something like this cause hollywood blvd?
TCTTS
AG
For the most part, we're used to it. It's rare that I go more than four or five days without seeing a shoot somewhere, and at the very least parking is affected in those areas because a crew has either taken over an entire lot or a couple blocks worth of curbs with trucks and Star Wagons and what not. Granted closing off entire blocks or streets is less common, but it's still not that big of a deal. Multiple blocks of Hollywood Blvd are closed for nearly a week for the Oscars and everyone seems to deal with that just fine. Besides, if not a shoot, there are always events going on where traffic is being diverted, and there's constant construction everywhere as well. It's just par for the course. Traffic is never not terrible in LA, and being diverted or rerouted is something we deal with on a weekly basis regardless.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just can't stop watching these set videos.

TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BmJACWgnwaW
Sex Panther
AG
Words can't describe how excited I am for this movie
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good God.

schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

Couldn't they have picked someone attractive?
FancyKetchup14
AG
TCTTS said:

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Serious Lee
does the state legislature have something built into it for the motion picture industry?
TCTTS
AG
I have absolutely no idea. I know there are tax credits certain shoots can qualify for but that's about the extent of my production knowledge in that regard.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.