***ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD***

184,689 Views | 1255 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by aTmAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91_Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Luke Perry

I was scrolling through this post and saw this quickly and thought:
What the hell happened to Bryan Cranston's forehead!!!
TCTTS
AG
Render
AG
I didn't like Django at all, but loved The Hateful Eight, so I'll trust whatever Tarantino puts out. Would have liked to see Cruise on board though, he's probably my favorite actor right now. American Made proved he could do QT-type movies.

Kinda related, is Tarantino still doing a Star Trek movie? That could be my most anticipated movie set to come in the next few years.
TCTTS
AG
He came up with the idea for a Star Trek movie, someone else is currently writing the script, and Tarantino might direct it after the next Abrams-verse Trek movie, likely hitting in 2020. So this movie would be 2022 or 2023 at the earliest, and no one has any idea if it's part of the Abrams-verse or something different altogether.
Render
AG
Thanks for clearing that up. It's more down the line than I thought.
91_Aggie
AG
Render said:

I didn't like Django at all, but loved The Hateful Eight, so I'll trust whatever Tarantino puts out. Would have liked to see Cruise on board though, he's probably my favorite actor right now. American Made proved he could do QT-type movies.

Kinda related, is Tarantino still doing a Star Trek movie? That could be my most anticipated movie set to come in the next few years.
Ha. I had the opposite... Love Django... was completely Meh to Hateful Eight.
TCTTS
AG
schmendeler
AG
Wtf
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's an odd take. Haven't heard anyone who preferred H8 to Django.

Any reason in particular you disliked Django?
Render
AG
I didn't hate Django, it just didn't feel like the usual Tarantino quality. The first act didn't catch my attention, but I liked the second act, because I very much enjoyed the banter between DiCaprio and Waltz's characters. But once they both died I kinda lost interest in the movie, because Django wasn't an interesting character for me.

The plot also felt a bit forced and contrived to me. Lots of coincidences and forced motivation. For example, German bounty hunter feels compelled to help Django because of a German fairytale? I can usually suspend my disbelief, but for some reason it didn't feel like an organic plot to me.

The third act has some odd pacing and structural issues, that to me make it lose momentum. It felt very awkward. And then the movie suddenly ends.

Meanwhile H8 was great. The cinematography had dynamic lighting and color that was missing in Django. The characters were all interesting and bounced off each other very well, the plot was engaging, and the ending was hilarious.

Just different takes, I guess.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I do agree the third act is a bit weaker than the rest of the movie. (After Candie dies. The shootout is pretty great though.)

Whereas Hateful Eight is strongest in the third act.
aTmAg
AG
I tried watching H8 once.. I thought it was too slow, and I am too close to death to waste time. Should I give it another shot?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would try again, I think the last hour or so is the best part of the movie for me.
Render
AG
I would. It's a slow burn for sure, but the ending is the big climax. I probably have a very subjective view though. I tend to enjoy dark humor, so maybe the humor carried me through the slower parts than it did other people. I liked the visuals too, but other people may not care about that and got bored.
aTmAg
AG
Render said:

I would. It's a slow burn for sure, but the ending is the big climax. I probably have a very subjective view though. I tend to enjoy dark humor, so maybe the humor carried me through the slower parts than it did other people. I liked the visuals too, but other people may not care about that and got bored.
Is it on Netflix?
Render
AG
It looks to be.
schmendeler
AG
I saw it in the theater on their 70mm roadshow, so that also added a layer of enjoyment. kind of an old school movie experience complete with intermission.
Sex Panther
AG
I saw Hateful Eight in theaters on 70 mm and really enjoyed it. It's extremely well done, has some amazing dialogue and is just a beautifully shot movie with all the Tarantino traits.

But that said, I can't imagine ever wanting to watch it again. It's more like a play than a movie.
aTmAg
AG
Render said:

It looks to be.
Gracias
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That should've been Goggins.
Duncan Idaho
schmendeler said:

I saw it in the theater on their 70mm roadshow, so that also added a layer of enjoyment. kind of an old school movie experience complete with intermission.

Same here.

That was the way to see it.
TexAgBolter
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bkh21lOH6rf
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
channeling both

70's easy rider look on Pitt
70's mod squad look on Leo

love it
MaroonStain
AG
Is this the 1st movie with Leo and Brad Pitt?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yes
dave99ag
AG
With the sunglasses on, I barely recognized Pitt.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yep.. looks like young Robert Redford a bit.
Sex Panther
AG
Leo looks like he lost some weight. Dope pic
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This movie is gonna be so good.
PatAg
AG
******* I need to see this movie.
Render
AG
Very cool, very cool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bkvi2yEHzNA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.