*** TOP GUN : Maverick ***

309,569 Views | 2251 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by YNWA_AG
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Without Remorse from the Tom Clancy novel?
TCTTS
AG
Yes. Starting Michael B Jordan.
MooreTrucker
AG
Hmmm...a black John Clark. Not how I picture him but whatever. Probably better than Willem Dafoe in any case.
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

There's no official list or anything, and there are a lot more finished than this, but it sounds like most if not all of these notable titles are in the can...

Bill & Ted Face the Music
Black Widow
Candyman
F9
Free Guy
The French Dispatch
Ghostbusters: Afterlife
In the Heights
Jungle Cruise
The King's Man
Last Night in Soho
Mulan
No Time To Die
A Quiet Place Part II
Tenet
Top Gun: Maverick
The Trial of the Chicago 7
The Woman in the Window
Without Remorse
Wonder Woman 1984

And then there are of course a lot more notable titles that finished filming before the shutdown, that should be complete in the next few months, like Dune, The Eternals, Mank, West Side Story, etc.

Thank you for responding, and thank you for that great list!! I had forgotten about some of those movies like Candyman!!
TCTTS
AG
NM.
Yoda
AG
tk for tu juan
aTmAg
AG
Deleted by request
TCTTS
AG
The screenshot is all I'm going to share.
Pahdz
Best news in a while!
aTmAg
AG
TCTTS said:

The screenshot is all I'm going to share.
Would the person say it was mediocre if it was? Or is it somebody like the director's mom?
TCTTS
AG
Dude. How do you ALWAYS manage to ruin the party? I'm CLEARLY not going to say anymore, but because of your incessant questioning, I'm now paranoid about even posting it in the first place. It was meant as nothing more than an off-handed little wink and boost, not something I figured I'd get grilled on. JFC.
TCTTS
AG
I know you're unlikely to comply, but I'm going to ask anyway. Please edit your quote of my original post, as I just deleted mine.
Fat Bib Fortuna
This just appeared in my inbox.

TCTTS
AG
Unfortunately, I don't have an imgur account. I just throw them up without a login and paste the link.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, done.
aTmAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I know you're unlikely to comply, but I'm going to ask anyway. Please edit your quote of my original post, as I just deleted mine.
I just saw this post. I wasn't trying to get you in trouble. Was wondering how excited I should be.
TCTTS
AG
I appreciate you removing the quote. As to your question, I would just say, be excited. This person has always shot straight with me.
aTmAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I appreciate you removing the quote. As to your question, I would just say, be excited. This person has always shot straight with me.
Good to hear. I worry about going in too pumped, just to get disappointed by my sky high expectations. Like Phantom Menace. It's not like I would skip it. I'm going to watch the in the theater when the day comes. It's a question of how many times.
AMW2010
AG
What did I miss?!?
PatAg
AG
I would suggest you not get too excited for this movie. Just go in hoping for fun
Hey Nav
AG
I'm so confused - what happened on this thread the past 2 day?
TCTTS
AG
I posted a screenshot of a text I got from someone I know who has seen the movie, who essentially told me it's awesome. When questioned who, exactly, this person is, I started to get paranoid about posting the message itself. I probably should have kept it short and simple, without posting the screenshot, but the screenshot was more "fun" and definitive. Either way, I ultimately took it down, more as a precautionary measure, knowing that a rare few F16ers have harassed people here offline, and I wouldn't put it past them to try and do something like that to me as well, as much as people hate me over there. I'm probably being overly paranoid, but I didn't want to give anyone any ammo, and since it involves a friend, I shouldn't be so cavalier regardless.
nosoupforyou
AG
Just do like Billy does We know he gets direct information from Jimbo and Bjork but he never says his source

In the future, we will never ask again But keep it coming!!
Hey Nav
AG
Thanks, TCTTS.

Glad the film is going to be good.
TCTTS
Azariah
AG
TCTTS said:

I posted a screenshot of a text I got from someone I know who has seen the movie, who essentially told me it's awesome. When questioned who, exactly, this person is, I started to get paranoid about posting the message itself. I probably should have kept it short and simple, without posting the screenshot, but the screenshot was more "fun" and definitive. Either way, I ultimately took it down, more as a precautionary measure, knowing that a rare few F16ers have harassed people here offline, and I wouldn't put it past them to try and do something like that to me as well, as much as people hate me over there. I'm probably being overly paranoid, but I didn't want to give anyone any ammo, and since it involves a friend, I shouldn't be so cavalier regardless.
What is an F16er?
MooreTrucker
AG
Somebody that posts in the Political forum here.
aTmAg
AG
BTW, I understand that domestically, TENET's box office is in "crisis mode". Does Hollywood consider that a "lesson learned"? Are they more likely to push back movies like Top Gun to later and later until after the covid thing is a non-issue?
PatAg
AG
You are the wooooOOOOoooorst /JeanRalphio
Azariah
AG
This movie looks fun! I can't wait to see it. I've heard good things.
nosoupforyou
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
I'll just leave this here...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.