*** TOP GUN : Maverick ***

309,548 Views | 2251 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by YNWA_AG
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Pretty cool that you were there.
YNWA_AG
AG
I'm so excited to go see this with my ex Air Force dad
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Pretty cool that you were there.

tk for tu juan
Keegan99
AG
New spot:

country
AG
Going to blow the top off the box office….just like most of us predicted.
TCTTS
AG
country said:

Going to blow the top off the box office….just like most of us predicted.

Yep. Now even more confident in my $185-200M opening weekend prediction.
12th Man Ag
AG
nosoupforyou said:

oh my!!! watching closely for when tickets go on sale - Friday night IMAX at 7pm will be tough if you wait around

Thinking of seeing at the Regal Screen X theatre (270 degree screen). Can't decide if that or IMAX will be better.
12th Man Ag
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I'm so excited to go see this with my ex Air Force dad

Well, they're Naval Aviators!
TCTTS
AG
12th Man Ag said:

nosoupforyou said:

oh my!!! watching closely for when tickets go on sale - Friday night IMAX at 7pm will be tough if you wait around

Thinking of seeing at the Regal Screen X theatre (270 degree screen). Can't decide if that or IMAX will be better.

My buddy who's seen the movie multiple times was there when they were testing/calibrating the 270 degree screen thing, and said it's way cooler than he expected.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How exactly does that work? Do they film with a super wide frame to get that extra image? Or are they basically chopping off film in order to get it wider?
TCTTS
AG
Not chopping it off. It's like completely additional elements they filmed, from my understanding. But it's only for certain sequences.
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

Not chopping it off. It's like completely additional elements they filmed, from my understanding. But it's only for certain sequences.
Correct, I saw Black Widow in an X Screen theater. For some scenes it projects on the side walls and wraps around you, basically putting you in the movie. Personally, I didn't really like it because it forced you to look all around because you couldn't really see the whole thing at once and gave me a little headache.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that makes sense. It's definitely not for me, either way. Will be sticking with IMAX.
Gigem314
AG
Just when I thought I couldn't be more pumped for this movie...

So I guess this wasn't just for the trailer, it was a visual of how we're going to feel watching this thing:

The Porkchop Express
AG
Gigem314 said:

Just when I thought I couldn't be more pumped for this movie...

So I guess this wasn't just for the trailer, it was a visual of how we're going to feel watching this thing:

he looks like an agent from the Matrix there.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Decay
AG
"Tom Cruise still got it"

If there's one actor that you don't worry about age, it's him. I'm seriously considering Xenu because he clearly delivers on everlasting life, and also I don't know what Paul Rudd worships
TCTTS
AG
batchuser
Never read twitter reviews. They are usually "I got to see this movie before you did" posts. All hype to build followers. They don't know ****
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

So the question is, will this guy be counted as a Covid casualty?
jeffk
AG
batchuser said:

Never read twitter reviews. They are usually "I got to see this movie before you did" posts. All hype to build followers. They don't know ****

Don't tell me what to do; you're not my real dad.
Keegan99
AG
Not a review, of course, but an initial reaction vid...

TCTTS
AG
batchuser said:

Like most things, it's not that simple. Some of these guys I absolutely trust, as they're not at all bulsh*tters and hardly ever let me down. While, sure, a few others are definitely the "OMFG!!!!!" type the second they get out of a Marvel premiere, no matter how average the movie, and are hobnobbing at the after party. That said, overall, these reactions *feel* more genuine than most, and I haven't seen one dissenting opinion yet.

Also, again, I have a good friend very close to the movie, who always shoots straight with me, and he had this to say just yesterday in our group text when reactions first dropped…

SJEAg
AG
Was thinking of trying to see this in IMAX opening weekend. Any ideas when tickets typically go up for pre-sale and how difficult it will be to get tickets for like a Sat afternoon show? Never really been inclined to fight crowds for a movie, but this one has me intrigued enough to want to be there.
Keegan99
AG
Tickets go on sale tomorrow, I believe.
jr15aggie
AG
I really hope this flick is the spark that re-defines and invigorates Hollywood in this post covid era. I really love going to the movie theater... the sites, sounds & smells just can't be matched at home.

This movie will bring a ton of people back into theaters and I'm hoping the crap ton of money it makes is a firm reminder that the audience simply wants to be entertained. The political and social messaging & lecturing from the studios and actors all got to be a bit much in recent years. Show them the way Tom!
nosoupforyou
AG
SJEAg said:

Was thinking of trying to see this in IMAX opening weekend. Any ideas when tickets typically go up for pre-sale and how difficult it will be to get tickets for like a Sat afternoon show? Never really been inclined to fight crowds for a movie, but this one has me intrigued enough to want to be there.

Tickets on sale 11 am central tomorrow!! Tuesday May 2
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I really hope this flick is the spark that re-defines and invigorates Hollywood in this post covid era.
You don't think Spiderman NWH did that?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
nosoupforyou said:

SJEAg said:

Regal Movies has them on sale now for Thursday, 5/26 showings.
Serious Lee
any reviews talking about the soundtrack/score? i need some heavy 80s vibes a la Cobra Kai.
12th Man Ag
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

nosoupforyou said:

SJEAg said:

Regal Movies has them on sale now for Thursday, 5/26 showings.

Where? I get an error on my app for every theatre.
tk for tu juan
Tomorrow we get the debut of Gaga's "Hold My Hand While I Take Your Breath Away"
ShawnTxAg
AG
aTmAg
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Tomorrow we get the debut of Gaga's "Hold My Hand While I Take Your Breath Away"
I predict it will be subpar. The first one was a one hit wonder that was hard to beat. They sorta struck lightning.
Madmarttigan
AG
Are you referring to Gaga as a one hit wonder?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.