*** TOP GUN : Maverick ***

309,543 Views | 2251 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by YNWA_AG
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok, that you're still concerned, rather.
UnderoosAg
AG
A Quiet Place 2: Acoustic Boogaloo
TCTTS
AG
Philip J Fry
AG
https://deadline.com/2021/04/arclight-cinemas-and-pacific-theatres-wont-be-reopening-1234732936/

So long Arclight.
tk for tu juan

Take the +9.5g he mentions with a grain of salt, the F-14 was rated for around +6.5g

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I sure hope this movie does not tell me that Maverick, a government employee, owns that P-51 Mustang.
Decay
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I sure hope this movie does not tell me that Maverick, a government employee, owns that P-51 Mustang.
Maybe he's been flying F-14s on the side for Uber
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
From Barry Tubb who played Wolfman. You might also know him as Jasper from Lonesome Dove. Apparently the Wolfman character won't appear in the sequel. Pulled this from his Facebook.

And no, I do not know what you just watched.

"Funnin' on Wolfman not being in Top Gun Maverick"

TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
TCTTS said:

ILM has been hired to touch up a few of the special effects and plot points including:

Russian MIG in opening scene is now piloted by a young Vladmir Putin.

Goose recast as a transgender black woman in a wheelchair.

Kenny Loggins' "Playin' With the Boys' remastered and now called "Playing with the He/Hims"

Tim Robbins' Merlin has a new subplot where he powers his jet with recycled manure and turnip greens.

Maverick and Goose perform "It's Raining Men" at the club instead of "You've Lost that Loving Feeling."

I was going to make a joke about Kelly McGillis here but I don't want TC to yell at me

heddleston
AG
Cant wait! I was to young to see it in the theater back in 86, but saw the 3D remaster in 2013. It was the best 3D I've seen and was just a blast getting to see it on the big screen. Will they be showing the same 3D remaster for this as well?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Everybody I knew walked out of the theater and wanted to be a Navy pilot.

None of us made it.

But there are probably some that did.
tk for tu juan
My first time watching Top Gun was at my friends house just after it released to VHS. It was on a pimptastic 80's front projector TV similar to this

Would be nice to finally see it on the big screen and to hear the first synth/guitar/bass hit of the intro scene thru the theater speakers
TCTTS
AG
heddleston said:

Cant wait! I was to young to see it in the theater back in 86, but saw the 3D remaster in 2013. It was the best 3D I've seen and was just a blast getting to see it on the big screen. Will they be showing the same 3D remaster for this as well?

To this day it really is the best 3D I've ever seen. So glad to hear someone else agree, because I thought I twas crazy. That said, this sounds like it's just the standard 2D version.
aTmAg
AG
TCTTS said:

heddleston said:

To this day it really is the best 3D I've ever seen. So glad to hear someone else agree, because I thought I twas crazy. That said, this sounds like it's just the standard 2D version.
How do they do that when they didn't originally record with two stereoscopic cameras? (or did they?)
Fat Bib Fortuna
I went to A&M for a weekend in the fall of my junior year of high school in 1990 to check out the honors program. Spent 2 nights at Lechner Hall, talked to a bunch of professors, and on Saturday night the treated us to Top Gun at Rudder Theater. Great place to watch it.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

heddleston said:

I had no idea this was done. Better than Avatar?
TCTTS
AG
This image alone gives me legit chills...

TCTTS
AG
h1ag
AG
We went and saw it in the Dolby theater last night. The sound during the dogfighting was almost too much....almost.... felt like the planes were actively blowing my hair back in my seat.

Top 5 movie going experiences for me for sure.
TCTTS
Log
AG
I guess you don't feel the need for speed.
azul_rain
What the movies already out ?
TCTTS
AG
Check the post directly above his.
jackie childs
went to F9 on friday night and Top Gun: Maverick was one of the trailers. just sitting in the theater, seeing it on the big screen with the anthem blaring legitimately gave me chills. and it was just a trailer.

i cannot wait for this movie
PlanoAggie
AG
h1ag, did you seriously already see this new Top Gun movie?
nosoupforyou
AG
PlanoAggie said:

pretty sure he's referring to Top Gun (first movie) which had a 30 year re-release in theaters

PS - Love the bump! So excited about this movie
h1ag
AG
nosoupforyou said:

PlanoAggie said:

pretty sure he's referring to Top Gun (first movie) which had a 30 year re-release in theaters

PS - Love the bump! So excited about this movie
This is correct. It was the original.
jackie childs
i'll also say that last summer, i was one of those people who wished they'd release it on VOD.

now, i'm really glad that my first viewing of this is going to be in a theater, even if we have another 4.5 months to wait
davido
AG
Walmart already had all of the Top Gun China merch for sale months ago.
Stat Monitor Repairman
When am I gonna be able to sit in a mostly empty theater on a Monday afternoon and watch Top Gun 2?

That's all I wanna know.
RC_57
AG
SIAP

Hell, I thought it was funny.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.