*** TOP GUN : Maverick ***

309,541 Views | 2251 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by YNWA_AG
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the hades bomb.
TCTTS
AG
All I know is that SAVING Goose's son is a part of the plot.
tysker
AG
Iron Eagle 5: Chappy's Revenge?
BurnetAggie99
Powell is from Westwood which is North Austin area and he also is a sip. He went to tu. Good guy though and I could see his party's being fun and having some nice female scenery
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

So, uh, I just talked to my buddy... and this shot is REAL. Except they used an F18 and then CGIed it with the new jet for the movie. But that's Ed Harris actually standing there. Also, in the footage itself, notice how the roof lifts like three feet and slams back down? That wasn't supposed to happen. Scared the sh*t out of everyone on set... except Ed mother******* Harris.

Wow
Stat Monitor Repairman
Jennifer Connelly has had a pretty good run though, hasn't she?

Was outstanding in House of Sand and Fog (2003)

Honorable mention for ass 2 ass in Requiem, of course.
Stat Monitor Repairman
UnderoosAg said:

Penny Benjamin. Patty is the fat older, jealous, bitter sister who drives a tow truck. Patty is the one who kept trying to tow Maverick's bike after he and Penny practiced touch and gos all night. Patty was also the one who ratted out Maverick to their father.

Some theorize Patty secretly had a thing for Mav, but in reality it was Charlie and Mrs. Goose that sweetened her koolaid. But it could never be for an admirals daughter back in '86.

Kinda sad.
This is some Mandela Effect alternate reality **** right here.

More evidence that the world ended in 2012 and we've entered a new simulation.
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

Another guess... considering she looks to potentially be front and center at the funeral, it could be Penny Benjamin's admiral father. Maybe that's how her and Mav reconnect...

I've had a crush on Jennifer Connelly ever since I saw The Rocketeer as a kid. She was an outstanding pick for this one.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Oh lets not forget that movie with Russell Crowe where he does math and hallucinates *****

She was great in that too.
TCTTS
AG
Connelly's best performance was in Inventing the Abbotts, hands down. Very... revealing.
Stat Monitor Repairman
After further research, Jennifer Connelly might have gotten better looking with age.
dave94
AG
TCTTS said:

Connelly's best performance was in Inventing the Abbotts, hands down. Very... revealing.

The Hot Spot says hello. Also some nice Virginia Madsen action in it.
TexAggee05
AG
Saw this behind the scenes on the real flights sequences on the movie's Facebook page (couldn't find the video off FB)

https://www.facebook.com/TopGunMovie/videos/530346124357187/
'03ag
Well now I hate everyone involved with this movie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
TCTTS said:

All I know is that SAVING Goose's son is a part of the plot.

Maverick has become a hari krishna?
GCRanger
AG
Behind the scenes of how they filmed the flight scenes. So jealous.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TCTTS said:

*quickly does a GIS*

they're...glorious.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Dont forget the movie with nash bridges. I think it was called "the hot spot."
EMY92
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Jennifer Connelly has had a pretty good run though, hasn't she?

Was outstanding in House of Sand and Fog (2003)

Honorable mention for ass 2 ass in Requiem, of course.
I was contemplating suicide halfway through that. I just wanted it to end...either me or the movie.
FTAG 2000
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

In my mind, the funeral can only be for either Iceman, or Ed Harris (who was prominent in the first trailer, yet absent from this latest one). Patty Benjamin's dad was an admiral in 1986, so he would be 80+ now; if he's that distinguished a guy, he'd be at Arlington.

For that matter, I think Connelly is slightly too young to play Patty Benjamin. But it's only by 5 years or so.

Gripe... If they're going to get a token black guy to play a two star, did they at least ask Clarence Gilyard?

Ed Harris is in the trailer. He's the guy that Maverick flies the stealth aircraft over at the end of the trailer (the one standing by the shack).
JB!98
AG
GCRanger said:

Behind the scenes of how they filmed the flight scenes. So jealous.

Ok, now I want to see this in IMAX.
Hagen95
AG
That clip is freaking sweet. I'm worried my kids will join the Navy after we see this.
BurnetAggie99
Well I mean there are Marine Fighter pilots too
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Hagen95 said:

That clip is freaking sweet. I'm worried my kids will join the Navy after we see this.
Heck I want to join the Navy after seeing this and I know I'm too old to get in.
jetescamilla
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

After further research, Jennifer Connelly might have gotten better looking with age.
Most definitely!

I've got nothing to add to this Top Gun thread. Carry on.
Pahdz
Just decided to pull up both trailers and that behind the scenes clip on YouTube through my PS4 on the big TV, turn the sound up to 11...holy crap why didn't I do this long ago! Now I'm amped!
ArmyAg2002
AG
I have a theory: The memorial service we see at the beginning of the trailer is for Mav. He dies saving Goose's kid, then mini-goose leads the final airstrike and wins the movie. Paramount decides the movie makes enough money for an interelated movie universe, goose's kid is the lead for topgun3.
TCTTS
AG
Check the screenshots I posted from the funeral a couple pages back. Mav is at the funeral, alive and saluting. Then he's the one who pounds the wings into the casket.

Though, I don't doubt that they'll try to expand this universe when this one makes a sh*t ton.
Stupe
S
I'm going to see this despite how much I can't stand Cruise.

I may take a bath in rubbing alcohol afterward, but I'll go see it in IMAX.
double aught
AG
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but it's a pretty darn important question: Is Kenny Loggins going to be involved??
Fairview
AG
double aught said:

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but it's a pretty darn important question: Is Kenny Loggins going to be involved??

Maybe it was his funeral?!?
TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

Well that's outstanding. How else would we get to the Danger Zone?
Stat Monitor Repairman
double aught said:

I wanna say Kenny Loggins is, in fact, involved. Don't have a source for this other than seems like I read it somewhere a long time ago.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yeah confirmed.

"Kenny Loggins is recording a new version of "Danger Zone" for Top Gun: Maverick

Loggins is looking to record the song as a "duet with a young act"

Reading between the lines, that means there's gonna be a rap crossover along with a slash guitar solo ... or something to that effect.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.