*** TOP GUN : Maverick ***

296,304 Views | 2251 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by YNWA_AG
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have some friends who's son hung himself from a tree in the back yard. Same thing. They can never unsee that image and still haven't really gotten over it years later.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, should be a nice change of pace, and there are plenty of still-very-attractive actresses in that age range.
Dro07
AG
How is Jennifer Connelly looking now a days? and I wonder if Meg Ryan makes an appearance when Little Goose is a fighter pilot?
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

his Top Gun students.

Also, everyone seems to be expecting that he's an instructor, but I don't think that's the case. The last I heard, he has to be coaxed back into flying, and no one even knows where he is. At one point he was even a helicopter pilot to open the movie, but I don't know if that's still a thing or not.
Dro07
AG
oh so a mixture of TFA and Iron Eagle?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, exactly.
dave99ag
AG
TCTTS said:

The last I heard, he has to be coaxed back into flying, and no one even knows where he is.
Going with a bit of a Luke Skywalker plot here. I'm down.
Urban Ag
AG
dave99ag said:

TCTTS said:

The last I heard, he has to be coaxed back into flying, and no one even knows where he is.
If Goose Jr hands him his Ray Ban Aviators and he tosses them over his shoulder and storms off, I will literally walk out.
TCTTS
AG
Also, if we're sticking with this TFA angle, Ice Man was/is "the map." Again, I have no idea what they've kept, all I know is that at some point relatively recently (like within the past year and a half or so of development), no one knew where Maverick was, save for Ice Man, they go to him, and he tells whoever's looking for Maverick where he is. But again, that could have and probably has changed by now.
Murder Hornet
AG
He turned in his wings and has been working for the IMF
Dro07
AG
holy crap what if Iceman gets shot down by his son in a dog fight while looking for Maverick!
Bunk Moreland
The entire opening sequence is finding Maverick because only he can save the day. Once they find him and he's in, he knows there's only one guy he can fly with. A once promising naval aviator who left while at the top of his class....to go to trucker school.

Mav runs down a truck driving between LA and San Diego, skids in front of the 18-wheeler to stop it. Camera pans up from Maverick in front of the truck to the the windshield of the truck where one of those 4-sided picture things is hanging...couple random photos on 2 sides, then 1 of Meg Ryan spins by, then 1 of a young Goose. And out steps Goose's son.

All we need is a half-smile in acknowledgment, then the intro to the Top Gun Anthem hits.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, love it. Goose's son is definitely in this, btw.
Hey Nav
AG
We need you. (Firefox scene)

Hope they just redo this story.

Good hair. Check.

Only one who can do it. Check.

Pahdz
What is TFA?
Dro07
AG
Pahdz
I know what the hell Iron Eagle is, duh, sorry I'm not up on my E board acronyms
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

What is TFA?
Just let it go. Don't question it. It's a topic that brings out the very very very worst of the E forum.
Dro07
AG
haha its all good. Its Star Wars: The Force Awakens. You will also see TLJ which is the last jedi but we try not to use that one too much or people will start pissing their pantalones
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, love it. Goose's son is definitely in this, btw.
...and he blames Maverick for killing his father and is on a personal vendetta to destroy his life, thereby making him the bad guy for the film. And we don't find this out until he's unmasked at the end.

There's your movie.
Pahdz
dromo07 said:

haha its all good. Its Star Wars: The Force Awakens. You will also see TLJ which is the last jedi but we try not to use that one too much or people will start pissing their pantalones

I don't Star Wars, only the saw three original ones and while I think they are great, just never caught the bug with all the others.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

dave99ag said:

TCTTS said:

If Goose Jr hands him his Ray Ban Aviators and he tosses them over his shoulder and storms off, I will literally walk out.
Is this a Rian Johnson "gotcha" film? No thanks.
Bunk Moreland
SpreadsheetAg said:

Urban Ag said:

dave99ag said:

TCTTS said:

Is this a Rian Johnson "gotcha" film? No thanks.

Forgot to add earlier that a random oppressed female janitor on the aircraft carrier will be forced to jump into a plane to join a dog fight. After 30 seconds in the f18 she'll have become an expert and begin radio'ing to maverick telling him how to operate his aircraft so he can figure it out before his big hero moment.
aTmAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

his Top Gun students.

Also, everyone seems to be expecting that he's an instructor, but I don't think that's the case. The last I heard, he has to be coaxed back into flying, and no one even knows where he is. At one point he was even a helicopter pilot to open the movie, but I don't know if that's still a thing or not.
I thought you had the script?
TCTTS
AG
Nope. I just know someone on the production; a good friend who I try not to bug too much about the movie. There's a lot I don't want to know, and even if I did have more details, I couldn't post them here.
Bunk Moreland
He should be flying tourist helicopter flights in Vegas or Hawaii under a different name (though his license is registered as Peter Mitchell) and they can't find him. Then there's a malfunction with helicopter and he makes a miraculous emergency landing that saves lives.

With the ensuing media storm praising his efforts they report his real name and that's how they find him.

Man I could write about 15 different versions of TOP Gun 2 and I'd love em all
UnderoosAg
AG
Rogue terror group gets a Mig28. Best pilots now are all drone pilots. We need someone who can take on the 28. SecDef Charlotte Blackwood, "I know who we need. Get me Maverick"
Pahdz
You're showing better restraint than I would, I'd be bugging the hell outta that friend
CowtownAg06
AG
TCTTS said:

Nope. I just know someone on the production; a good friend who I try not to bug too much about the movie. There's a lot I don't want to know, and even if I did have more details, I couldn't post them here.

Because it's classified and if you told us you'd have to kill us?
ApachePilot
AG
I wish they would leave this movie alone. Top Gun is a top 5 favorite of mine. I swear that movie was on loop the whole summer of '87. Burned the VHS up.

They can only hurt the movie. Unless you grew up during the Cold War you can't understand how movies like this and Red Dawn made kids feel. For my own selfish nostalgia I wish they'd drop it.
TCTTS
AG
Unfortunately, I can confirm that the footage recently shot in San Diego wasn't for an imminent trailer.
TCTTS
AG
My money's on Powell...

Pahdz
Definitely looks the part more than the others
AgMarauder04
AG
Mr Incredible?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.