*** TOP GUN : Maverick ***

301,464 Views | 2251 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by YNWA_AG
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did we make all the jokes about updating the music already? Like uh, Hyperloop to the Danger Zone or Obamacare Took My Breath Away or Playing With The Individuals Who Identify As Boys or Mighty Buffalo Wild Wings
double aught
AG
Decay said:

Did we make all the jokes about updating the music already? Like uh, Hyperloop to the Danger Zone or Obamacare Took My Breath Away or Playing With The Individuals Who Identify As Boys or Mighty Buffalo Wild Wings
So random.
Phat32
AG
My 2 year old wanted to watch this trailer about 20 times. He might join the Air Force.
Pahdz
He hated it that much he doesn't want to join the Navy?
Phat32
Cromagnum
AG
Cromagnum
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

After further research, Jennifer Connelly might have gotten better looking with age.

Told my wife Jennifer Connelly is the only woman I would leave her for if she came a knockin.
InternetFan02
AG
Some of us are about to enter our 5th decade of loving Jennifer Connelly / stolen from theringer
TCTTS
AG
Now this is a first...

Because movies can now be shot entirely in IMAX (with smaller, quieter IMAX cameras than ever before), and Top Gun: Maverick is now - I think - only the third feature-length, scripted movie to be shot entirely in IMAX (with Infinity War and Endgame being the first two), we now have the first-ever completely IMAX trailer released online for a feature-length, scripted movie. And in 4K to boot. In other words, the trailer you can download from the link below contains more image vertically than the version of the same trailer that released last week, and looks absolutely stunning in 4K. This probably isn't a big deal for most people, but for a trailer nerd like myself, and huge fan of IMAX, this is pretty dang cool...

https://thedigitaltheater.wetransfer.com/downloads/1fcfa9d72147869c732facee298e901e20191223170209/41bd7a
Bunk Moreland
thanks for posting that. Just watched it and it was way more intense. Every scene in the air looked so much better
Pahdz
My buddy got to see the trailer before Star Wars and said it was amazing on the big screen.

Almost makes me want to go buy a ticket for Star Wars, watch the trailer, then walk out
TCTTS
AG
I saw the trailer in IMAX with a huge audience at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood and people cheered multiple times during it. It was amazing.
nosoupforyou
AG
Is there a way to watch this by clicking on a link to YouTube or something like that? Or do you have to download the link to play it? Which is not as convenient
TCTTS
AG
Have to download it and play it via QuickTime.
spadilly
S
That was amazing.
dahouse
AG
We are now within the calendar year.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Rick Dalton said:

LEWIS PULLMAN AS 'BOB'

Shouldn't Bill Pullman's son be suiting up to take down an alien mothership in Independence Day 3?
TCTTS
AG
Awesome pics.

Also, come Super Bowl Sunday, look for a new TV spot just before or after the national anthem.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Rick Dalton said:

MONICA BARBARO AS 'PHOENIX'
nosoupforyou
AG
TCTTS said:

Awesome pics.

Also, come Super Bowl Sunday, look for a new TV spot just before or after the national anthem.

Dude.. you are awesome - will be ready!!
chimpanzee
GiveEmHellBill said:

Rick Dalton said:

LEWIS PULLMAN AS 'BOB'

Shouldn't Bill Pullman's son be suiting up to take down an alien mothership in Independence Day 3?

If that guy survives past 2/3rds of the movie, I'll be surprised.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"Captain Maverick, my call sign is BOB..........but, everyone seems to call me Dead Meat."
Bones08
AG
Poe's Law!
Blanco Jimenez
AG
His name was Bradley in the original.
Gigem314
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

"Captain Maverick, my call sign is BOB..........but, everyone seems to call me Dead Meat."
"Wendy, I can fly!!"
MGS
GiveEmHellBill said:

Rick Dalton said:

LEWIS PULLMAN AS 'BOB'

So the Navy no longer has vision standards for fighter pilots?
TCTTS
AG
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
MGS said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Rick Dalton said:

LEWIS PULLMAN AS 'BOB'

So the Navy no longer has vision standards for fighter pilots?

He could be backseat navigator. I dont think they have to have perfect vision. But i questioned the same thing
ja86
AG
most F-18s are single seat aircraft. You have to have 20/20 to get accepted into the program. Once you have your wings and become a senior pilot, I believe you are allowed to have corrected vision
country
AG
After seeing the trailer and the behind the scenes, I'm going out on a limb and calling this one a huge success at the box office. People worry too much about storylines, etc. There are millions of people out there that just want to go see some high flying action......just like the first go around.
TCTTS
AG
My bold prediction:

Top Gun: Maverick is the biggest movie of the summer.

That would mean it has to beat out Black Widow, F9, Wonder Woman 1984, and Tenet, each of which will be a tall order, but if this thing can catch fire, it can do it. I actually think it outperforms Black Widow and Tenet with relative ease. It's the other two that will be the challenge...
country
AG
Agreed
GreasenUSA
AG
TCTTS said:

Now I'm pretty excited for this movie.
nosoupforyou
AG
I would guess beating Mission Impossible Fallout is the mark to show success of this movie.. and I see Maverick aiming for $300 Million US at least.. maybe more?

What do you think they expect? Has to have cost more than the MI movies to film..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.