*** TOP GUN : Maverick ***

301,452 Views | 2251 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by YNWA_AG
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NoahAg said:

Quote:

young Tom Cruise wannabe will be the new Maverick
Two words: Shia. Labeouf.
He will not divide us!!!!
TCTTS
AG
He's not.
Noblemen06
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Two Down said:

Guitarsoup said:

BQ78 said:

Kilmer and Cruise would have to be four or five star admirals now or been retired for a few years. Putting them in the cockpit will make as much sense as putting the President of the US in a fighter jet, ala' Independece Day
Not only that, but if they do something really stupid like have them fly drones - that's an enlisted MOS. They are fighter pilots, so obviously they are officers.

Unless they are consulting for AF or something off the wall. AF requires UAV pilots to be commissioned.
Really? I know an enlisted AF guy that swears he flies armed drones. What a *****.

Anyway, if Maverick is flying drones in some smelly trailer, this is going to be the worst movie ever made.
The USAF's first three enlisted RPA pilots graduated a couple of weeks ago. Unless its one of these three guys, they're FOS.

ApachePilot
AG
JD Shellnut
AG
Maybe her and Tom are still together in this movie.

I Am A Critic
I'd like the opening scene to be Maverick flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog **** in Hong Kong. His cell phone rings and he answers it "Hello Ice...Man." Admiral Tom Kazansky sheepishly inquires "Remember that time you said you'd be my wingman? I need you now."
YouBet
AG
What if Cruise simply has a cameo as the new air boss and the new kid does an unauthorized fly by....

I want somebody's butt, I want it now, I've HAD IT! ... I WANT SOME BUTTS!
Hulla Baller
AG
Does Tom Cruise even age?!
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Does Tom Cruise even age?!
Xenu does not allow that.
Cromagnum
AG
Nvmnd, didn't see 4 posts up.
Guitarsoup
AG
Noblemen06 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Two Down said:

Guitarsoup said:

BQ78 said:

Kilmer and Cruise would have to be four or five star admirals now or been retired for a few years. Putting them in the cockpit will make as much sense as putting the President of the US in a fighter jet, ala' Independece Day
Not only that, but if they do something really stupid like have them fly drones - that's an enlisted MOS. They are fighter pilots, so obviously they are officers.

Unless they are consulting for AF or something off the wall. AF requires UAV pilots to be commissioned.
Really? I know an enlisted AF guy that swears he flies armed drones. What a *****.

Anyway, if Maverick is flying drones in some smelly trailer, this is going to be the worst movie ever made.
The USAF's first three enlisted RPA pilots graduated a couple of weeks ago. Unless its one of these three guys, they're FOS.

Wow, what a POS. He talked about how hard it is emotionally knowing he was launching rockets at other humans.
'03ag
TCTTS said:

Ha, that sucks.

My hatred for 3D is well documented on this board, but I saw the 3D release in theaters a few years back and it's still somehow the best 3D conversation I've ever seen. Something about the film grain of a movie like that - and the way Tony Scott shot it - just made it look absolutely stunning. Seriously, it's Avatar and Top Gun, of all movies, as my only two wildly positive 3D experiences.
Damn. I went to one of these but they couldn't get the 3D to work so they had to show the regular version. I'm glad I got to see it in the theater but still disappointed. Moreso now
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I hope Tom gets a new love interest:

I wished she was never in the first one....so many better choices back then. Good thing they had step stools.
PatAg
AG
I Am A Critic said:

I'd like the opening scene to be Maverick flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog **** in Hong Kong. His cell phone rings and he answers it "Hello Ice...Man." Admiral Tom Kazansky sheepishly inquires "Remember that time you said you'd be my wingman? I need you now."
This post should serve as proof that writing a script is not easy.
PatAg
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

Flashdiaz said:

I wished she was never in the first one....so many better choices back then. Good thing they had step stools.
Could just get Elizabeth Shue and pretend its the same person.
Guitarsoup
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

Flashdiaz said:

The studio wanted Brooke Shields or Debra Winger. Tony Scott insisted on KM.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Guitarsoup said:

AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

Flashdiaz said:

The studio wanted Brooke Shields or Debra Winger. Tony Scott insisted on KM.
bac
AG
Funny that "Kelly McGillis represents heterosexuality" since she turned into a carpet muncher.

edit: re: Quentin Tarantino clip earlier
TCTTS
AG
Goose
AG
PatAg said:

AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

Flashdiaz said:

Could just get Elizabeth Shue and pretend its the same person.
That'd be awesome. Maverick quits his role as a Top Gun instructor after some hotshot says he's hiding out there because he can't make it in the Commercial Aviation world, and he convinces Iceman to quit flying for the U.S. Navy too because there's no money in it. So they go down to the Caribbean and fly for the Jamaican Navy, run into Elizabeth Shue, and eventually head back to the States to start their own Navy. Gonna be awesome!
who?mikejones
AG
Are we sure this isn't going to be another version of space cowboys?
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm...

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I just hope they use some of the old practical fx like the modeling they used in the first one. Just knowing they used models for the action scenes still blows my mind when I watch it. CGI will ruin this movie for me.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Hmmm...

yeah, I'm not going to call it that
iceman08
AG
To everyone in this thread
Clem
Top Gun 2 trailer just hit.

American Made

Apparently, Maverick washes out of the Navy and is discontent with his job flying commercial airlines. He gets recruited by the CIA (who tried and failed to re-recruit both Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr.) to fly contraband for them to South American narcotics dealers.

Its cool because in the opening scene of the trailer he decides to hit the brakes (and crashes) while the pilots attempting to ground him flight right by.
TCTTS
AG

EDIT: Didn't mean to use the laugh emoji, but I guess it still works.
TCTTS
AG
Tom Cruise revealing "Top Gun 2" details or Donald Trump teasing his July 4th party?
Quote:

"There's gonna be jets - very fast jets. There's gonna be an aircraft carrier, maybe two. And a wide range of jets. It's gonna have music... We have a soundtrack. There's gonna be actors in it. [And a] motorcycle - definitely [a] motorcycle. [There] may be a volleyball scene. Maybe. We'll see. I have not told anyone in the world as much as I've just told you right now."
RC_57
AG
Clem said:

Top Gun 2 trailer just hit.

American Made

Apparently, Maverick washes out of the Navy and is discontent with his job flying commercial airlines. He gets recruited by the CIA (who tried and failed to re-recruit both Mel Gibson and Robert Downey Jr.) to fly contraband for them to South American narcotics dealers.

Its cool because in the opening scene of the trailer he decides to hit the brakes (and crashes) while the pilots attempting to ground him flight right by.
Seriously though, that American Made looks like it could be fun
AliasMan02
AG
Kilmer needs to go into seclusion now and not be seen in public until the movie, in the meantime getting 100 percent healthy and super fit for filming. Make it his big comeback.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Tom Cruise revealing "Top Gun 2" details or Donald Trump teasing his July 4th party?
Quote:

"There's gonna be jets - very fast jets. There's gonna be an aircraft carrier, maybe two. And a wide range of jets. It's gonna have music... We have a soundtrack. There's gonna be actors in it. [And a] motorcycle - definitely [a] motorcycle. [There] may be a volleyball scene. Maybe. We'll see. I have not told anyone in the world as much as I've just told you right now."

He's so crazy, and so awesome still.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

That looks more like Willem Dafoe than Val Kilmer.
Southlake
Ok. Since we are all Top Gun nerds here, I'll admit this:

When I flew in the Air Force my Squadron call sign was Iceman. I even had a flattop.

There, I said it. We also turned up our collars at parties.

Lord forgive me...
MooreTrucker
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

Top Gun 2???

God help us!!!

I have a high school friend who was a naval aviator, callsign Tex, who flew in this movie.
94DallasAG
AG
Southlake said:

Ok. Since we are all Top Gun nerds here, I'll admit this:

When I flew in the Air Firce, my Squadron call sign was Iceman. I even had a flattop.

There, I said it. We also turned up our collars at parties.

Lord forgive me...
A+ on the humblebrag

Oh, and thanks for your service Iceman

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.