*** TOP GUN : Maverick ***

296,384 Views | 2251 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by YNWA_AG
DB Coach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
THIRTEEN months??!!!
TCTTS
AG
June 26, 2020
tk for tu juan
We have been waiting 33 years for this film, 13 months will fly-by before we know it.
Gigem314
AG
tk for tu juan said:

We have been waiting 33 years for this film, 13 months will fly-by before we know it.
Negative, Ghostwriter, the pattern is full.
jokershady
AG
DB Coach said:

THIRTEEN months??!!!
Maybe this will hold you over until then....

TCTTS
AG
Yes, sir...

https://heroichollywood.com/tom-cruise-top-gun-comic-con/
bearamedic99
AG
I'm not sure how high y'all's expectations are for this sequel. It has disaster written all over it but yeah, it sounds enjoyable
nosoupforyou
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I'm not sure how high y'all's expectations are for this sequel. It has disaster written all over it but yeah, it sounds enjoyable
Christopher McQuarire is now involved and the delay of another year I think, while disappointing, will make it a better movie

Highest pressure now, is a new Kenny Loggins song to make this a truly worth sequel..
Urban Ag
AG
nosoupforyou said:

bearamedic99 said:

Christopher McQuarire is now involved and the delay of another year I think, while disappointing, will make it a better movie

Highest pressure now, is a new Kenny Loggins song to make this a truly worth sequel..

Highway to the Old Folks Home
Gonna take you right in to the Old Folks Home

TCTTS
AG
bearamedic99 said:

As is stated above, McQuarrie was VERY involved in the rewrites (if you can call them that), and as I mentioned earlier, my buddy who's working on it (on and off) has a quiet confidence about the movie I've never seen him have with any other Bruckheimer production. He's really, really into whatever they've cooked up. I think this is going to surprise a lot of people by just how unexpected and innovative it is.
Urban Ag
AG
This may have been covered but I really don't want to go back through all the pages.

Is there any info out there on the plot? Is it NAWDC new generation? Slap fight with the Norks, Russians, Iranians, ChiComs? Follow the same recipe as the one 30+ years ago?

Intrigued by your commentary.
TCTTS
AG
Apparently this one is pretty different from the first, plot-wise. I don't know what NAWDC is, but I'm sure there's a slap fight or two with some foreign adversaries. The primary plot, though, last I heard, is Goose's son (played by Miles Teller) goes down behind enemy lines and then it's up to Cruise & co to rescue him somehow. I have no idea how or by what means, but I think that's the basic gist of it.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Urban Ag said:

Quote:

Is there any info out there on the plot? Is it NAWDC new generation? Slap fight with the Norks, Russians, Iranians, ChiComs? Follow the same recipe as the one 30+ years ago?

Whatever happens, the other side will deny the accident.
Urban Ag
AG
Cool, thanks.

NAWDC is Naval Aviation Warfighting Dev Center, basically Top Gun and a couple other bases/programs that were combined to save costs.

Urban Ag
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

Urban Ag said:

Quote:

Whatever happens, the other side will deny the accident.

Haha.

I love that quote. When I was about 13 or 14, I was at my buddy's house. HIs dad was a Naval Intel officer, and on the evening news there was a story about the Kremlin whining about the Muj shooting down Hinds and Migs with US supplied Stinger missiles. The Pentagon spokesperson denied it was true. I look at this guy and ask if the US is really supplying the Muj with Stingers and he takes a long drink of his coffee, turns, big smile, nodding yes, and says not a chance. Not a chance.
TCTTS
AG
Next month. Get ready. Got confirmation tonight that the Comic-Con footage isn't *just* for Comic-Con...
'03ag
TCTTS said:

Apparently this one is pretty different from the first, plot-wise. I don't know what NAWDC is, but I'm sure there's a slap fight or two with some foreign adversaries. The primary plot, though, last I heard, is Goose's son (played by Miles Teller) goes down behind enemy lines and then it's up to Cruise & co to rescue him somehow. I have no idea how or by what means, but I think that's the basic gist of it.
It's a reverse Iron Eagle
512Ag
AG
'03ag said:

TCTTS said:

Pete Mitchell is great and all, but he's no Chappy Sinclair.
bearamedic99
AG
The Rescue remake?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0095981/#review-teaser
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://fighterjetsworld.com/air/tom-cruise-arrived-on-top-gun-maverick-set-in-his-own-4-million-dollar-wwii-fighter-aircraft/15124/
TCTTS
AG
Psst...

The Collective
AG
I really like Tom Cruise. If I could be someone else, I'd be him minus the religion.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Things I need in this movie;

A prologue stating that after giving her 6 months to grieve, Maverick dumped Dogface and hooked up with hot 1980s Meg Ryan.

Kenny Loggins to write and record "Let's Danger Zone Again (Like We Did Last Summer)"

When Maverick notice the state of Iceman's body, he quickly suggests this time around they play shirts vs. skins beach volleyball.

Someone mentions that Stinger had a nervous breakdown and wound up becoming a high school principal in Hill Valley.

Michael Ironside is in every scene.

Tom Skerritt, who is somehow EIGHTY FIVE YEARS OLD is in at least one scene. How the heck is he so old? Michael Ironside is "only" 69. And not to go off topic here, but that means Skerritt was 49 and Drew Barrymore was like 17 when they filmed Cinemax legend "Poison Ivy" in 1992. Man, the things you learn online.

Maverick's team to rescue son of Goose (Gosling?) is composed of Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner, and Ving Rhames, with different names but the exact same jobs as they have in Mission Impossible.

ABATTBQ11
AG
'03ag said:

TCTTS said:

That sounds like a crazy sex position...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Someone's excited.
TCTTS
AG
Just over four hours...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
There's no way you can last more than four hours doing reverse Iron Eagle.
TXAG 05
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

There's no way you can last more than four hours doing reverse Iron Eagle.

Well not with that attitude.
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, this trailer will also be giving us our first listen of Hans Zimmer's new cover of Harold Faltermeyer's original score. I say "cover," but Zimmer and Faltermeyer are working together, so it's more of a cover/collaboration. Apparently, it's a slowed down, Zimmer-esque iteration of the classic theme. I've also been told it's more of a "teaser" (so don't expect much) and is premiering in 4K, at some point between 11:45 AM and noon PST. Been waiting years for this. Now, t-minus two hours...
nosoupforyou
AG
share!!!! can't wait
jbanda
AG
In.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.