Manchester United 2019-20 Thread

77,645 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dre_00
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Following along on Reddit. Dan James has turned out to be quite the bargain buy so far

Glad we finally scored more than 1 goal
boogieman
AG
Sad PK take by martial too.
Thunder18
AG
Krul was legitimately 3 feet off the line on Rashford's PK
boogieman
AG
Nice pass by Rashford and nice finish by Martial.
Thunder18
AG
Should've scored 5 or 6, but I'll take two away wins in a row!
Mathguy64
AG
We went from 14th to 7th with that win. 3 points from 5th and 3 points from 16th. This is a weird season where 10 MDs in and basically 1/2 the Premiereship is separated by 6 points.
Dre_00
I just watched extended highlights and Rashford was fantastic in spite of his penalty miss. That touch to bring down James' pass before the 2nd was exquisite and the back heel that led to the 3rd was sublime. Martial's finish was fantastic as well.

I know it's just Norwich but I'm not sure "just Norwich" applies when you win your first away EPL game in 7 months...and convincingly as well.
boogieman
AG
I see Rashford figured out how to put away a PK.
boogieman
AG
Filthy free kick from Rashford to make it 2-1

Let's see if we can hold on.
Dre_00
That Rashford free kick reminded me of Ronaldo's against Portsmouth. That ball moved laterally at least 3 times.
Thunder18
AG
I wasn't able to watch the game, but it sounded like McSauce, Brandon Williams and Rojo all played well according to Reddit
Dre_00
I thought Rojo could've done better on Chelsea's goal but it wasn't the egregious error he usually makes. By Rojo's standard he was good. Williams wasn't amazing but he was miles better than Ashley Young. Young should never start again.

We've drawn Colchester United in the quarters. All the big teams avoid one another.
boogieman
AG
Dre_00 said:

That Rashford free kick reminded me of Ronaldo's against Portsmouth. That ball moved laterally at least 3 times.

Apparently you weren't the only one.

Same link to Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/7724542745/posts/10156995724537746?sfns=mo
Mathguy64
AG
3:00 in and it's apparent that neither team actually has studs on their boots. Everyone is slipping and sliding.
Mathguy64
AG
Fred may have the worst first touch of any player in the PL. it's genuinely awful.
Mathguy64
AG
Awful defending in one end and awful decision making on the other to allow Fred to touch the ball make for a 0-1 score line at HT.
Thunder18
AG
****ing weak defending right before half and now we'll have to chase the game the entire 2nd half against a parked bus
Mathguy64
AG
That's a red card in every other league in the world. Contact with force from behind, studs up into the Achilles.
Mathguy64
AG
Best news of the day. Young is out next week for accumulation.
Mathguy64
AG
Now if only Fred would get busted for accumulation. Between him and Young you have 2 players who just cannot pass the ball.
planoaggie123
AG
just saw Lingard looking at a piece of paper. Is that a thing in the Premier league??? I dont think i have seen that before.

....awful game thus fuar....
Mathguy64
AG
Williams comes on and I'm thinking great Young is coming off. Nope. AWB off and Young to RB. So now the right side will suck.
planoaggie123
AG
....we need to just cut Young and Fred....i would rather fight relegation with young players than to maybe be a steady 10 points off relegation with the likes of Young, Fred, etc..,
Mathguy64
AG
Just a horrible exhibition of soccer. This team is slow mentally, has no touch on passes, no first touch to themselves, no ability to play in the air and cannot take corners at all.
Thunder18
AG
We waited until the 80th minute to attack with any real intention. Fred and Young should be left behind they are absolute garbage. Our 80 million dollar defender has been a massive bust so far.

Woodward, the Glazers, Ole and half the players can **** right off
ja86
AG
why do we keep bringing Lingard into the game when we are chasing a goal? they guy hasn't scored in forever..
Dre_00
I have no idea why Perreira keeps getting starts. The midfield is begging for some sort of creativity and he just doesn't have the vision or speed of play to unlock defenses. I don't know that there is anyone on the roster who can but it's clear he can't.
ja86
AG
there isn't anybody. The midfield is a black hole until Pogba comes back. They needed to make a move for midfield help last transfer window but didn't.
Dre_00
Hell, give Mata a run of games there. Can't be any worse.
Thunder18
AG
Dre_00 said:

Hell, give Mata a run of games there. Can't be any worse.

Your wish is Ole's command
Thunder18
AG
Another game we should be up at least 1 goal (likely 2) yet struggle to put excellent chances away against "inferior " opponents
Thunder18
AG
Rashford could've had a hat trick within 16 minutes if he would just take an extra touch instead of trying to hit everything 1st try
Thunder18
AG
Greenwood with the composed finish shows Rashford how it's done
ja86
AG
sounds like Rashford got the assist though (im following online only so didn't see it)
Thunder18
AG
Martial with a great individual effort there. 2-0 and nearly 3 as I type this

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.