Manchester United 2019-20 Thread

77,628 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thunder18 said:

Ashley Young has single handedly killed like 4 opportunities this half through extremely slow play or terrible crosses
This really should be the totality of his Wiki page.
Mathguy64
AG
Great save by Leno followed by a 40 yard shank by Lindelof
DeangeloVickers
AG
Damn good save by Leno
Mathguy64
AG
Free kick at midfield at 93:30 that Friend moves back 2 yards, wasting 15 seconds. Whats the point?
Aggie_3
Man it's just really hard to be excited and optimistic anymore about United
Mathguy64
AG
The team had an incredibly long run at the top. All teams do this. They hit a place where internally they stagnated and rot. At that point you rebuilt. How long it takes depends on the level of rot. Here it was bad and it's still there in Woodward. The Astros went through it with a complete tear down and rebuild. But look where they are now.
ja86
AG
I think the key is Woodward. He is really good at making the Glazer's money, but just absolutely sucks at negotiating for talent. As long as he is in control and the team is commercially a success, the on the field results are going to be average.
Mathguy64
AG
weird lineup for a game on bad artificial turf.

United: De Gea (c); Dalot, Lindelof, Rojo, Williams; Fred, Matic; Mata, Gomes, James; Greenwood.

Subs: Romero, Tuanzebe, Maguire, McTominay, Lingard, Chong, Rashford.

Thunder18
AG
0-0 @ HT.
TheStunned
0 shots on goal. This team just keeps regressing game after game and is clear sign of a clueless manager.
Furlock Bones
AG
maybe this will finally be the season that forces the Glazers to take team control away from Woodward. they aren't going to fire him since he brings in way too much money. but, he should have nothing to do with football operations.
Thunder18
AG
Unfortunately all indications seem to be that the Glazers ONLY care about making money and don't give 2 hot ****s about how poorly the team perform
ja86
AG
did we even get one shot on goal?

so since it seems they can only win when there is an interim manager, when do we expect the next interim manager to be announced?
TheStunned
ja86 said:

did we even get one shot on goal?

so since it seems they can only win when there is an interim manager, when do we expect the next interim manager to be announced?

Not soon enough
Dre_00
Thunder18 said:

Unfortunately all indications seem to be that the Glazers ONLY care about making money and don't give 2 hot ****s about how poorly the team perform

True but at some point a poorly performing team is going to impact their bottom line no matter how many new sponsors they sign or how much of a wizard Woodward is with the financials. Because sponsors aren't going to shell out the money they have been shelling out for a team that perennially finishes mid-table and has a shrinking fan base.

The structure at United above the manager has already proved that it is an abject failure at fielding a football team capable of competing at the top of the league year in and year out. That's not going to magically change. The only question is how long will it take for that failure to impact the Glazer's bottom line enough to make a fundamental structural change and get rid of Woodward...hopefully before it's not too late although you could argue it already is.
Dre_00
Game day. Last one for 2 weeks so...yay?
Thunder18
AG
We really desperately need a victory to get some momentum heading into the Liverpool match...so we will likely lose by 2-3 goals
Dre_00
We could win by 7 goals and I think Liverpool would still throttle us.

I'll go 0-0 but we get a shot on goal this time.
Thunder18
AG
Haha, yea I'm sure Liverpool will destroy us, but I would like to minimize the damage. I laughed at "I think we get a shot on goal"
TheStunned
Making Newcastle look like Barcelona since 2014.
Mathguy64
AG
Watching us play is like watching molasses flow. Liverpool and city make 5 passes to open players while we Are still thinking about the first one.
Mathguy64
AG
Steve Bruce. 22 matches against United. 0 wins. That will change.
Thunder18
AG
Maguire finally gets a free header on a corner and muffs it
TheStunned
Ole's greatest achievement at United is getting fans to accept and embrace how **** we are, he is building in his job security at a very low level.
Mathguy64
AG
Oh lord. On comes Rojo. 50/50 chance we are at 10 men by the end.
OregonAggie
AG
Fred has got to be one of the worst signings in EPL history. Not surprised to hear Lee Dixon call him out for not contributing.
TheStunned
Ole is going to be 2 for 2 for getting teams relegated and still won't be sacked. ****ing embarrassing.
Mathguy64
AG
So bad. So so bad. Bottom half finish is coming. Just a question of how low. And IIRC the Chevy Uni contract is up. That's a big deal and that loss of income may get the Glazers attention.
Dre_00
Dre_00 said:

We could win by 7 goals and I think Liverpool would still throttle us.

I'll go 0-0 but we get a shot on goal this time.

Looks like I was too optimistic.
Mathguy64
AG
Rojo with a patented crazy challenge.
Thunder18
AG
Looks like we were chasing the wrong Longstaff last transfer window
Dre_00
I didn't think it was possible for Ole to be fired before say March/April. I wouldn't be surprised if he was canned during the international break. Don't think he will be but I wouldn't be surprised.
Mathguy64
AG
Do you really think that will make any appreciable difference? You can change managers but the new guy will still have the same roster of players to put out there.
Furlock Bones
AG
It's truly a dumpster fire right now.
Mathguy64
AG
Old Steve Bruce 0-22 versus United.
New Steve Bruce 1-22 versus United.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.