Manchester United 2019-20 Thread

77,715 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dre_00
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maguire almost had himself a screamer there, showing Fred and Andreas how to shoot from outside the box lmao
Thunder18
AG
It's a damn shame that we didn't play like this against Watford, good result today nonetheless and would still like to see some reinforcements bought in January
Dre_00
Remember when people used to say that the EPL was the best league because, top to bottom the league was the strongest? Well *this* United team is 4 points out of a CL spot. This year there's Liverpool, a flawed City team perhaps at the end of its cycle, a Leicester team that is punching above its weight and taking advantage of a lot of teams having down seasons (like they did when they won it all) and the 17 teams that are mediocre at best. Really poor quality this season outside of Liverpool (who have been fantastic).

Anyway, good to see the response. It's a step in the right direction. Hopefully can put some more together.
Thunder18
AG
Need to put one in against these thugs
ja86
AG
Pogba didn't even make the bench. I'm not sure of the played in 2 games and needs a rest excuse. Could something be in the works for a January transfer?
Mathguy64
AG
Martial with the goal. That was well done from Periera.
Dre_00
Our best strategy to break down bunkering teams seems to be to have their defenders play us a nice through ball to put us in on goal.
Thunder18
AG
Pereira's hustle caused that goal. Great pass too!
Thunder18
AG
Burnley should be down at least 1 player to a red card with how dirty they've played all game
Dre_00
Poor James was getting the **** kicked out of him most of the 2nd half. I thought Mee's challenge was the closest to being red but not really a red. Orange if you will.

3 points. Burnley has a lot of the ball in the 2nd half (relatively speaking) and I'm surprised United weren't better on the counter. How Martial and Lingard managed to screw up that 2 on 0 is beyond me. Thought Fred played extremely well and Williams continues to impress as well.
Thunder18
AG
^ I agree with everything you posted. Williams looked very bright and Fred has finally started to look like the player we pipped City to sign
Dre_00
Pogba didn't even make the trip to London and his agent absolutely ripped United. Seems clear they are trying to force a move sooner rather than later.
Dre_00
Now reports saying he is in London. But his agent did rip United apparently. What's real anymore?
Mathguy64
AG
With everyone below and above dropping points it sure would be nice to take 3 points.
Mathguy64
AG
Pogba didn't make the bench.
ja86
AG
2 games in a row... things that make you go hmmm...
ryan_m
Supposedly hurt according to Ole
Mathguy64
AG
Supposedly he was in Paris at a charity event earlier in the week. If you are injured you shouldn't be anywhere but in a trainers room.
ryan_m
I wonder if he's actually injured, or he's on the way out this January
ja86
AG
i figure he is on the way out
Mathguy64
AG
With as bad as these midfields are this could be an end to end track meet for 90 minutes
Mathguy64
AG
Sideshow Bob should be on a card. That's his second cheap foul behind the play.
Thunder18
AG
It would be literal insanity to sell any midfielder in January, let alone our best player without any real plan to replace in the same window
ja86
AG
sounds like something woodward would do
Mathguy64
AG
So bad. So so bad.
Thunder18
AG
Teams with new managers must salivate seeing United on the upcoming fixtures list
Dre_00
Expected it to be tough but United are just rolling over.
Mathguy64
AG
They are playing us perfectly. Sitting back, defending and countering. Might as well be kryptonite.
Dre_00
Second half has been better but we're not good enough to come back from 2-0 against any team.
Mathguy64
AG
We are incapable of breaking down a team that is likely the worst defensive team in the EPL
Thunder18
AG
The inconsistency continues
Mathguy64
AG
Why is Fred taking free kicks? The only thing he ever hits is a seat in row Q.
Mathguy64
AG
When asked about Pogba, OGS responded by saying he would be out 3-4 weeks and "he's been advised by his people to have surgery."
Dre_00
Probably not a good sign that a FA Cup game came and went and this thread didn't budge.

I get it though. I'm on a strict "1 United game per week" regimen. It's part of my new self care plan.
Mathguy64
AG
It was on ESPN +, so basically a pay to watch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.