Manchester United 2019-20 Thread

77,766 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dre_00
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what's really frustrating (besides DDG but I won't go there) is that I see a bunch of talented players out there. but, they lack the winning mentality and again lack someone that just pokes balls in the net. hell, I'd take Pulisic right now who just seems to find space in the 6 yard box to poach goals.
planoaggie123
AG
Agree. So much quality and they play well for such large chunks of the game but with all the "talent" up front we just dont have a reliable goal-scorer. Hell i would take a 33 year old Vardy at this point....
planoaggie123
AG
Anyone watching the games without the "filler" sound? I have ony been watching it with the sound they add and honestly dont hate it. I find myself not thinking about it much and feel like if there was no sound it might be a little "boring"
Furlock Bones
AG
Having watched the Bundesliga with and without sound, I prefer the added sound.
Thunder18
AG
Can't ask for a better start
Thunder18
AG
Well guess I was wrong, Rashford just fluffed an empty netter
Thunder18
AG
...and Rashford misfires again inside the box, hope it's not the yips
TXAggie2011
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Anyone watching the games without the "filler" sound? I have ony been watching it with the sound they add and honestly dont hate it. I find myself not thinking about it much and feel like if there was no sound it might be a little "boring"
I've mostly listened to games with the additional sound, but occasionally listen without it. Its kind of cool to clearly hear the what players and coaches are saying (yelling).
Thunder18
AG
Martial with a 2nd before halftime. Much needed
Dre_00
The winning mentality will come with...winning. The poacher is harder to come by. We were never going to get Haaland but that kid can finish. Would've been a massive boost to this team.
OregonAggie
AG
Beautiful team goal there boys. Martial looks great today!
Thunder18
AG
THE LEAGUE HAT TRICK SLUMP IS BUSTED! Martial gets his 3rd
planoaggie123
AG
Well earned by Martial. He can be frustrating at times but he has been on today. Great game.
Dre_00
That 3rd goal was pure sex
Dre_00
Sweet Lord I did NOT realize how long it had been. Goodness.
Furlock Bones
AG
So, I get slammed today and don't get a chance to watch until the end. Of course its a game where we finally put together the goals.

Oh well, great to get a strong win.
Dre_00
The good news is that we now play mostly average to crap teams from now till the rest of the season (Leicester being the exception but they're slipping too).

The bad news is that, before the pandemic, we typically out-crapped the crap teams and found ways to lose to them.
Furlock Bones
AG
Too true
Thunder18
AG
Pre-Bruno you have a point
Mathguy64
AG
Finally got a chance to watch tape delayed. This easily could have been 6-0. We still missed some easy chances.

I like our chances to pass Chelsea. And OGS seems to have everyone playing very well. Since December they seemed to have really hit on something. It's not consistent but it's there.
planoaggie123
AG
This is one of the slowest times of the year for what I do and I am loving having daily Premier League games to watch!!!
Dre_00
If we're looking at only EPL, I think it's too early to tell. We've only played two, what I would call, average to crap teams in the league since Bruno arrived. Watford...a 3-0 win, and Everton...a 1-1 draw.

I'm optimistic that the arrival of Bruno will break the trend against these sort of teams but I don't think we've seen it happen as of yet. And my optimism has imploded into a deep, melancholic despair on multiple occasions since 2013 so I remain cautious.
Thunder18
AG
City ****ting the bed against Chelsea right now. God I hope their ban holds up
Dre_00
At least Pulisic scored?
Dre_00
De Bruyne with the equalizer.
planoaggie123
AG
Amazing strike.
Dre_00
Fernandinho goes Torsten Frings except unlike 2002, VAR is able to catch him now. City now down a goal and a man.
Mathguy64
AG
Fernandinho with the clear handling to save the goal. Gone and rightfully so.

City beats up the weaklings but really struggles with teams at their level.
Mathguy64
AG
That may be the deal breaker for CL next year. I was counting on city actually showing up.

Hopefully the Court of Arbitration sticks then with the FFP ban
Thunder18
AG
All we can do is keep winning our games and hope Chelsea or Leicester drop points...but also for the ban to be upheld because **** CITY
Dre_00
EDIT - I didn't realize that Leicester and Chelsea's game was a FA Cup game. So...come on CAS.
Mathguy64
AG
Lineup for the FA cup today. We are on regular ESPN so no paywall.

Mathguy64
AG
You can tell it's a B team. They can't connect 2 passes together.
Thunder18
AG
Lingard has muffed up a couple of good opportunities and Shaw looks disinterested. Would like to see Williams get some pt today
Thunder18
AG
Almost gave up a late goal there, team looks completely uninterested in this game

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.