Manchester United 2019-20 Thread

77,227 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dre_00
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let us hope. The last several years we have brought in transfers and they have sat because they "were not ready". Dalot, Fred, Lindelof, Bailly. The landscape is littered with players that someone wanted that didn't actually end up playing.

Oh. Yeah. Woodward is buying. Not an actual DoF who knows what the team actually needs working in concert with the manager. Now I get it.
Griffle
Reports starting to surface (from 3 different papers) that Dalot will be allowed to leave.
ryan_m
Dalot is staying
Dre_00
If they get rid of him, I riot.
Griffle
Agreed. I think the guy has great potential. AND, he should be #2 behind AWB, not Young.
Thunder18
AG
Co-sign. I think he has great potential
Dre_00
Rashford re-signs till 2023 with an option for an additional year.
Dre_00
Rumors that United have agreed to terms with Bruno Fernandes. Now need to figure out transfer fee with Sporting Lisbon.
Griffle
Fernandes has been my number 1 target this summer. I hope it is true.
ryan_m
Fernandes would solve a lot of midfield inconsistencies imo. I want him bad!
Griffle
ryan_m said:

Fernandes would solve a lot of midfield inconsistencies imo. I want him bad!

Did we just become best friends?
Griffle
Reports are that Fernandes has agreed to salary and his agent will be meeting with United within 24 hours in England.

This all stems from an Italian journalist...so it is possible that United have rather created a 2nd Fortnite Jersey and some kid with the name Bruno or Fernandes created a skin with that name on the jersey.
Dre_00
Raiola confirms Pogba wants to leave. Not s surprise bit if his agent is talking about it then it's unlikely it won't happen.

Still like him as a player and a person. Think he got too much crap during a bad patch in United's history. He'll have success and trophies at RM but its time to send him along. We can definitely have success without him. It was going to be hard to succeed with him or without him so might as well do it without him if he doesn't want to be here.

Rumors are that RM are offering 75 million and Isco or Bale. No to Bale. Wouldn't hate Isco. Would rather just see 125 million though.
Griffle
Saw that Juventus was willing to do the same with Dyballa as a make weight. If I was choosing, I'd definitely choose Dyballa. That being said, I like Isco ok; if it's Bale I'm going to be frustrated.

I agree that it's time to move on. I think he was treated unfairly in a lot of ways, but also made things hard on himself as well. I'm tired of the drama.
Thunder18
AG
I will be super disappointed if we end up getting Bale for Pogba. I wouldn't hate Dybala or Isco
ja86
AG
No to Bale
ryan_m
Looks like Harry Maguire is close to done. Not sure how I feel about him
ja86
AG
Bleh, big and supposed to be good in the air, but slow and plodding. Wasted money in my book.
Dre_00
Yeah I'm not sure about this either. Not saying he can't succeed but worthy of a world record transfer fee for a defender? United paying that premium. At least it's a CB.
ryan_m
He is slow, I'll give you that. But tactically very good. Maybe for $50 million I would be more optimistic, but $80 million has me on the fence at the moment
Dre_00
And now reports are that he's not moving anytime soon as United don't want to go past 50-60 million.
Thunder18
AG
Good, we shouldn't be paying VVD money for Maguire
ja86
AG
the 60 million + 20 million in performance clauses for Maguire is still smouldering....

additionally looks like Lukaku to Inter Milan is a thing....
Griffle
Anyone have a current Manchester United or United USA membership? Each year we have to get a certain number of memberships to be recognized as a supporters group by MUFC.

If you have one and don't mind sharing your active number and name, the Dallas supporters would be appreciative.

Benjamincburr at gmail dot com

PS I also heard sharing your info drives down the price of a certain Leicester defender.
ryan_m
What is the benefit of being recognized as a supporters group?
Griffle
ryan_m said:

What is the benefit of being recognized as a supporters group?

50 supporters makes us an official supporters club. We have been, but we have to re-attest each year. It allows us to work with club sponsors, get season tickets our members can share and use, and do things like organize tours. Additionally, Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside came in a few moths ago and that was due to being a recognized club. Oh, and when Dallas Cup comes around, if United come to town, we get opportunities like group seats, watching training, etc. If I remember correctly, we had a dinner with the coaches at Dallas Cup last year.
Furlock Bones
AG
word is that ManU and De Gea have agreed to a new 5 year deal.
Mike Elko
AG
Furlock Bones said:

For being the best GK in the world, he sure sucks. Just one man's opinion.
Furlock Bones
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Furlock Bones said:

the last year has certainly been Sheeety. but, i'm not sure ManU had a choice.
Griffle
Put a competent center half with Lindelof and I think DDG's confidence rises again. I could actually like this back line quite a bit with a competent center half added.
adavurt
AustinAg2012 said:

Furlock Bones said:

My goodness what a garbage take you know how many games De Gea has won for Man U.? Did you watch Man U in the Van Gaal era?
Dre_00
It was even a full year. It was like...5 games.
Dre_00
Rookie comes in spittin' fire.
Thunder18
AG
Well we killed Leeds today, Rashford had a nice goal, AWB assisted Greenwood and even derpy ol Phil Jones got one off a corner. Apparently Gomes, Pereira and Chong looked pretty good
Dre_00
He didn't score but holy **** Daniel James is fast

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.