Manchester United 2019-20 Thread

77,192 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dre_00
Dre_00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's troubling that Crystal Palace and Southampton will both probably finish in the bottom half and we are having an extremely difficult time beating either of them.

I'm just going to play the Chelsea game every weekend from here on out and pretend we win the league when May comes.
Furlock Bones
AG
Dre_00 said:

Goal wasn't De Gea's fault. We just can't string passes together. Would help to have a midfield.

I agree. It wasn't his fault. But, DeGea is at the point where if there is a good shot on goal I just assume it's going in and so does everyone on the field.
Mathguy64
AG
The problem playing up a man is SOU will now park the bus. It may actually be harder for us to score against 10 than 11
ryan_m
I'd like Rashford to stop playing like a hot pile of garbage
Dre_00
ryan_m said:

I'd like Rashford to stop playing like a hot pile of garbage

He's been handed the scoring crown and so far it looks to heavy for his head.
TheStunned
mathguy86 said:

The problem playing up a man is SOU will now park the bus. It may actually be harder for us to score against 10 than 11

Yeah. United isn't going to score. A Shane Long counter attack goal is more likely.
abacavir
lingard is worthless
Furlock Bones
AG
Jesus lingard
TheStunned
Lingard...wtf...
Dre_00
Matic has done everything exactly wrong since coming on.
Mathguy64
AG
That is a penalty. Greenwood had his foot kicked out from underneath him. That's a foul and PK in every other league and if not called in real time VAR calls it.
TheStunned
Dre_00 said:

So has Lingard.
Dre_00
TheStunned said:

Dre_00 said:

So has Lingard.

He's done everything exactly wrong all season.
abacavir
Why is Southampton so happy everyone take points off of MAN U
TheStunned
Seriously...**** this team...
Mathguy64
AG
I can see what OGS wants to do. The players just aren't good enough to do it. They have no touch and the system desperately needs a quality CAM.
ryan_m
Honestly we need a whole new midfield
bagger05
AG
Didn't watch. Just saw the result. Not surprised.
Dre_00
mathguy86 said:

I can see what OGS wants to do. The players just aren't good enough to do it. They have no touch and the system desperately needs a quality CAM.

He's ruled out half the squad as not being good enough or fit for his style, which is fine. But he's getting too many sub par performances from the remaining players that he has put his trust in.

Pogba is inconsistently great. Complete garbage for large stretches and then he pulls off 3 passes that no one else on the team could even think of pulling off.

Lingard has been hot garbage thus far. He's never going to be world class but he was better than this last season.

Rashford hasn't taken on the scoring burden which is a problem when you've thinned the forward ranks and Martial is hurt.

Ole has got to start getting Greenwood and others from the reserves (Gomes particularly) some significant playing time to see what he has. Because right now he effectively has one option in a number of positions and if they aren't performing, we're screwed. On the bright side, the new signings have looked good. We just need like 8 more good new signings.
Mathguy64
AG
Yes. The question is will they give OGS the time and ultimately signings to put everything together or will he be another revolving door?
Dre_00
Probably not. Right or wrong, if this team is in mid-table come March, which is a very real possibility, his job would probably be under serious threat.
Thunder18
AG
IF?
Mathguy64
AG
And yet for all the bashing and hand wringing we are two missed PKs from being 2W, 2D and maybe 3 W 1D.
OregonAggie
AG
Dre_00 said:

Probably not. Right or wrong, if this team is in mid-table come March, which is a very real possibility, his job would probably be under serious threat.

I don't think OGS makes it to Christmas.
ryan_m
It's actually an interesting situation in my opinion. Most fans love Ole and hate Woodward/Glaziers. If we sack Ole it's coming back on Woodward for not signing players. If we finish top 4 it's because Ole did well despite the lack of support. Either way the fans will support Ole and hate the board.

I think Ole finishes the year unless we're near the relegation zone, God forbid.
Mathguy64
AG
BTW, (I don't know if it got put on the thread), Darmian was sent to Parma for a whopping 1.5MM pounds. Supposedly Juve offered 12MM last year. Genius move there by Ed.
Dre_00
Can't blame Ed. Gotta blame that Director of Football he hir........oh.
Furlock Bones
AG
ryan_m said:

It's actually an interesting situation in my opinion. Most fans love Ole and hate Woodward/Glaziers. If we sack Ole it's coming back on Woodward for not signing players. If we finish top 4 it's because Ole did well despite the lack of support. Either way the fans will support Ole and hate the board.

I think Ole finishes the year unless we're near the relegation zone, God forbid.
Ole earned his love as a great player for United during arguably the best run the club has ever had. So, not a mystery at all why he is loved.

Woodward and the Glaziers have earned the ire as well.
Dre_00
AWB pulled out of the England squad with a back issue. Might have to play Ashley Young at left and right back next game.
joemeister
AG
Not sure how y'all feel about Gary Neville, but this interview is pretty good IMO. He is brutally honest about his failures as manager of Valencia. First 15 minutes or so is him speaking about what's going on at Man U.

Dre_00
Bookies have suspended betting on Van der Saar becoming technical director. This could be a really great hire assuming he's willing to take the job. But it will largely depend on just how much power Woodward actually gives him.
Dre_00
Pogba, Marial, Shaw, and Dalot are all out for tomorrow's game. AWB and Lingard are doubtful.

No clue who is going to man the right back spot. Maybe Lindelof moves over and Tuanzebe partners with Maguire? Fosu Mensah fill in at RB to keep the CB partnership? Either way, I think it's safe to say that our midfield is going to be even more atrocious than normal.
Thunder18
AG
Yikes
Mathguy64
AG
Against LC? 3-1 loss. It's a 9:00 CT start so I might actually be awake with a cup of coffee. Although why I don't know.
ja86
AG
ouch... that is going to be one grim starting lineup....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.