Manchester United 2019-20 Thread

77,751 Views | 1426 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dre_00
Thunder18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm hoping for Villa, so naturally we will draw City away
Thunder18
AG
...we drew City. 2 legs, home game first
Dre_00
Not sure that performance a few games ago can be replicated 2 more times.
Dre_00
Interesting read on the whereabouts of every United academy player to make a first team appearance for United in the 2010s.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/where-are-they-now-the-xx-man-utd-academy-players-to-debut-in-the-2010s/

Side note: Every time I saw Chelsea's Reece James in a lineup I thought to myself "wasn't he a United player?". When I Googled him it was apparent he never was but I still had this nagging feeling that he was at one point.

Turns out, there was a different Reece James who was a United player a while back so I'm in fact not going crazy. Gotta suck for that the former United player Reece James. You figure when you reach professional football, even in the lower tiers, that you'll at least be the most talented player in the world with your name. Nope.
Mathguy64
AG
That was a horrific 1st half. No touch on the ball, bad defensive lapses random passes to no one. They looked like 11 players that had never played with each other before.
Mathguy64
AG
DDG with the howler. And Watford takes their first home lead of the season. Let that sink in.
Furlock Bones
AG
DDG is trash. Absolute trash.
Mathguy64
AG
Watford had 4 goals at home all season. They now have 6. AWB is having his worst game by far.
Mathguy64
AG
A Pogba sighting. I guess someone wants to see him actually play before they agree to the transfer fee.
Thunder18
AG
The entire team looks and is playing like ass. We will be fortunate to finish in the top half of the league unless we make drastic changes in the January transfer window
Mathguy64
AG
In a season with lots of low points this will set a new outdoor record. This has been the worst performance under OGS.
Mathguy64
AG
I will say this. The one skill that Paul Pogba excels at is dropping a 50 yd pass on a dime. He has made 2 wonderful long ones out of nowhere. On a team with actual soccer players that would be a great addition.
Mathguy64
AG
Another flick by PP right to Rashfords chest in the area and he does nothing with it. He's just not a back to goal kind of player.
Mathguy64
AG
Not sure how much lower this can get.
ja86
Furlock Bones
AG
United doesn't know how to play with the ball. They can literally only counterattack. So, any team that sits back on them and let's them come in is kryptonite. They are completely lost. Lack any creativity.
Dre_00
Watched the game with one eye but I think Logba proved how vital he is against teams like this. He's the only person on the team with the skill, vision, and pace of play capable of breaking down a defense. On more than one occasion it was his quick one touch pass that opened something up.

Side note. Martial seemed to move to the left at some point during the game. Not sure why exactly given that Rashford's best performances by far have been on the left and he's looked wretched much of the time in the middle.
Furlock Bones
AG
Dre_00 said:

Watched the game with one eye but I think Logba proved how vital he is against teams like this. He's the only person on the team with the skill, vision, and pace of play capable of breaking down a defense. On more than one occasion it was his quick one touch pass that opened something up.

Side note. Martial seemed to move to the left at some point during the game. Not sure why exactly given that Rashford's best performances by far have been on the left and he's looked wretched much of the time in the middle.
it's why despite all of the drama he brings and games he takes off United has been desperate to keep him. there is no one else in the midfield that has any sort of creativity or true touch.

Furlock Bones
AG
let's go ManU.
Furlock Bones
AG
good god. this team is just trash. down 1-0 at home in the 17th minute. could very well be 3-0.
Mathguy64
AG
Getting countered badly and down 0-1. This team is incapable of breaking anyone down and as a result is soft on opposing counters. I almost wish they would just play defense themselves and give the opposition control of the ball and play to counter.
Furlock Bones
AG
Martial equalizes!
ja86
AG
the midfield is wretched and the backline like to ball watch too much.
Thunder18
AG
We need to learn the art of the tactical foul
Thunder18
AG
Greenwood what a BANGER
Furlock Bones
AG
Great goal.
Mathguy64
AG
And suddenly we decide to play soccer and lead 2-1. Pure D *****zo.
Thunder18
AG
Another great team goal, **** you Newcastle flopping ****s
Mathguy64
AG
3-1 and the last 2 goals have come off a high press
Furlock Bones
AG
looked like an inadvertent finger to the eye. glad they didn't stop play.
Thunder18
AG
Finally playing like the superior team against inferior opponents
Mathguy64
AG
NU with the horrific giveaway. Just horrific. Thankfully we make them pay.
Furlock Bones
AG
Thunder18 said:

Finally playing like the superior team against inferior opponents
no kidding.
Mathguy64
AG
It's like a lightbulb went off when NU scored. Something changed and once it did the floodgates opened.
Thunder18
AG
Pogba has been oozing class and skill since he came on, he could be the key to a top 4 finish this season along with Greenwood's continued development

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.