***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

225,696 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pilmer
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I use these when we play together, jeff.

They were listed on Amazon Primeday for $100 and I snagged them specifically for BF1.

Amaze balls. Better than any Turtle Beach I've ever owned. The Mixamp M80 that attached to you controller is very handy too. Especially for chatting with players who have ****ty mics.

BUT I would act fast if you want the 2014 model...Amazon shows only 1 left in stock.

HTH
Mr Gigem
AG
Those are the exact ones I have
jeffk
AG
I'm currently using the $60 MS over-ears. Maybe mine just has a crappy mic.
wee_ag
AG
Pilmer said:

Anybody know anyone that needs or wants a disc copy of the game? I found a random unopened copy of Battlefield 1 Early Enlister during the move.
So you bought a $60 game and totally forgot you purchase it... #humblebrag
wee_ag
AG
Here's the other side of that horse-kabob

E
wee_ag
AG
And I totally forgot this happened a while back.

jr15aggie
AG
jeffk said:

Any headset recommendations?

Turtle Beach 420x... 100% Wireless (don't even need a chat cable) and just over 100 bucks. Perfect... Just remember to hit mute if you go to the bathroom between matches!
West Texan
AG
Anyone got any tips on how to not completely suck at this game? I've never been awesome at FPS, but this one is really handing it to me.
HossAg
AG
Ive found that playing slow and not running into situations helps. Also, little things like don't sprint around corners, utilize the hip fire, especially on trench weapons (it's amazing from a pretty decent range), and try to stick with your squad and actually use your respective abilities (medic, support, etc.). It's a really hard game to aim in.

I also find that trying to stick to close quarters engagements helps, I feel like I always lose long range to someone with a dmr type of weapon. If you just play slower and more methodically, you'll find that the game will eventually slow down for you and be easier to handle. Took me a while to be able to consistently post a 2.0 kd if I want to.
AgFB
AG
Don't pay attention to KD ratio. Start out as a medic or support and drop supplies to your squad. Look for targets when your squad gets attacked and revive them after you take out the threat.

You'll be close to the top of the board and over time you'll get more kills as you find out what methods and weapons work for you.
jeffk
AG
Sometimes if I'm having a rough game, I'll just pick a part of the map and devote myself to policing/controlling it. Choose two objectives and just migrate between them killing enemies and keeping them from falling into enemy hands. Drop supplies and health, revive teammates. All kills and assists inside an objective boundary are worth more points as well, so your score will bump up a bit playing those objectives.

I had one of my best games ever this afternoon just patrolling the town between points C and D on Sinai. Lots of spots to creep around and flank enemies and I think it's easier to take on vehicles in tighter quarters with upper floors.
TexasAg 2018
AG
If you need a headset so you can mute your tv or you just dont like your TV's sound quality you can actually just use regular head/earphones that can be plugged into the xbox controller.

The audio input jack is only on some controllers though. Its on my Halo controller but not the regular or TF controllers.
Xiuh
Just take it slow. Aiming down the sights can get you killed even when you have the drop. Also try to use each weapon and see which one fits best for your playstyle. I usually have a couple for each class. Best advice is always be ready to shoot.

If you can, play with the group of us to see how we do it. Might help with your tactics to help you survive longer.
Thriller
AG
I've found that by actually ignoring K/D ratio and focusing on capturing/defending objectives and helping teammates, my K/D ratio goes up. It's still bad, but it's improving.

I played 7 or 8 Conquest games yesterday with my son and finished top 2-3 on our side several times just by playing the objective. It was fun.
WES2006AG
AG
Play the objective. Everything else will fall in to place if you are constantly around the action at capture points.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
WES2006AG said:

Play the objective. Everything else will fall in to place if you are constantly around the action at capture points.
Yep. My K/D is .61, but I'm constantly in the top 10 with a lot of top 5 just by playing the objective. I try to become the squad leader as well and pay attention to which objectives are falling, etc.
gumby579
AG
I'd suggest playing Rush if you are having problems getting into a groove. Less players and there is a general flow. I agree that if you are having problems "sucking" just ignore your K/D each game and just try to get as many points as possible. Personally, I try to have both

Agmaniacmike12
A SALT RYE FUL
gumby579
AG
Also, battlefield tracker has a good setup for any of you fellow stat nerds

wee_ag
AG
Yup, I'm awful... and I know it. On the plus side, my repair score is in the top 12%.

jeffk
AG
Trying to play with the sniper class and trying out all the different weapons killed my scores the last couple of weeks.
HossAg
AG
I really need to get my play time up. Only at 14 hours.
E
AG
Pilmer
AG
E
AG
My freakin power just went out, genius city workers decide to work on my areas transfer at 9:20 at night. I'll be back on later tonight. I am currently at Whataburger enjoying the electricity, chicken tenders and fries. Of course the one night I wanted a shake their machine is down...
thewhiteegg
AG
Since Everybody else is doing it:
byfLuger41
AG
We in here!

wangus12
AG
Finally picked this up. I'm average. One game my KDR is 3-4. Next game I'm .25.

I just like to keep my teammates guessing
byfLuger41
AG
wangus12 said:

Finally picked this up. I'm average. One game my KDR is 3-4. Next game I'm .25.

I just like to keep my teammates guessing

Being average is something you and Arsene have in common.
wangus12
AG
God I hate you

wangus12-LuckyArsenalAg
jeffk
AG
No Gooners allowed.
byfLuger41
AG
I just added you.

Cheers.
byfLuger41
Aggietaco
AG
jeffk said:

I'm currently using the $60 MS over-ears. Maybe mine just has a crappy mic.
Mike's new headset, I think he said Turtlebeach XO something or other, had a really good mic. Might be worth checking out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.