***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,549 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
AggieLAX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate to say it but this game lost me with this DLC. Garnering the specializations (which I would like) requires me to utilize classes and weapons that I have no experience with or desire to play. With everyone running around doing their own thing now (trying to unlock whatever achievements they're after), what little team play existed seems to be entirely gone. How could the developers not anticipate this?

This is/was my first ever multi-player experience (I'm old - think Pong) and it was extremely fun while it lasted, but I don't see myself playing anymore. Thanks to all you guys that recognized my ****ty gameplay but invited me to the party anyway.
Gregg Papivich
I've been playing a lot more lately..
aggieland09
AG
I'd like to join you guys if theres room for one more. I don't have the expansions yet. Aggieland2009
AggieLAX
AG
Ah, who was I kidding. I played a lot this weekend.
Pman17
AG
BF1 & Premium on sale. Bad Company games are on sale as well if you want a digital copy of those.
FIDO95
AG
I've been enjoying the new DLC. Then new maps are great and the new medic rifle (Federov) and the new assault SMG are great. The specializations are definitely a grind. I found playing on domination or war pigeons easier to get "x" type of kills as the game play is more condensed and rapid. For instance, 100 kills on Ballroom blitz would take forever on conquest. However, on domination, play is confined to the building which makes shotgun kills easier to come by. Supply drop is great for grenade kills since someone is always laying down next to the drop.

On a negative note, I think destiny 2 has killed BF1. I rarely see anyone playing anymore. I had hoped to get all the medals (Maniacmike is my hero!) and I was only 3 short when the DLC came out with the new Russian ones. I suppose however that I'm getting burned out of it as well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MaroonStain
AG
I have seen full games in past week with a LOT of noobs. I am strictly a Conquest player so thank you for the tidbit about diff game modes and achievements.
AggieLAX
AG
MaroonStain said:

...thank you for the tidbit about diff game modes and achievements.
Agreed.
jeffk
AG
I'll probably be on several nights over the next weekend. We lost a lot of THE CREW to Destiny 2 so I end up running solo most of the time I jump on. If you guys see me (Keester11) online doing another game and you want to play, just shoot me an invite.
Agmaniacmike12
FIDO95 said:

I've been enjoying the new DLC. Then new maps are great and the new medic rifle (Federov) and the new assault SMG are great. The specializations are definitely a grind. I found playing on domination or war pigeons easier to get "x" type of kills as the game play is more condensed and rapid. For instance, 100 kills on Ballroom blitz would take forever on conquest. However, on domination, play is confined to the building which makes shotgun kills easier to come by. Supply drop is great for grenade kills since someone is always laying down next to the drop.

On a negative note, I think destiny 2 has killed BF1. I rarely see anyone playing anymore. I had hoped to get all the medals (Maniacmike is my hero!) and I was only 3 short when the DLC came out with the new Russian ones. I suppose however that I'm getting burned out of it as well.
I should get on for a bit and see what I can knock out. Early leveling in Destiny is such a drag.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I'm still playing occasionally. I like the new maps, but it seems team play is non-existent. Even with randoms, used to there was at least some team play going on. Now it seems it's just an every man for himself strategy and it's not really that fun. The team play aspect is what I like most about the game and it's just not there anymore.
Pilmer
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I'm still playing occasionally. I like the new maps, but it seems team play is non-existent. Even with randoms, used to there was at least some team play going on. Now it seems it's just an every man for himself strategy and it's not really that fun. The team play aspect is what I like most about the game and it's just not there anymore.
It will return when everyone gets their stupid unlocks
E
AG
Destiny 2
Gregg Papivich
Agmaniacmike12 said:

FIDO95 said:

I should get on for a bit and see what I can knock out. Early leveling in Destiny is such a drag.

Your mom's a drag
jeffk
AG
Pilmer said:

Sweet Kitten Feet said:

It will return when everyone gets their stupid unlocks

I've come to peace with the fact that I'll probably never get all of mine done. I just do the fun ones (melee weapons) and any that don't cause me to play like more of a spaz than normal.
Aggietaco
AG
Got an invite for incursions today but turns out that it's for Windows only right now.
MaroonStain
AG
I have tried for the last few daze to unlock the Support weapon that needs 15 kills in one game with Tele Benet. Worst. Weapon. In. Game. Can't win in short-range nor mid-range and long-range most hits result in enemy high tailing to cover.

I guess I should use it on another mode (other than Conquest) as stated.
BradC34
AG
Premium Pass is on sale for $30 on XBL Store but idk if I'm going to jump on board just yet. Haven't really been playing and what I've read about new DLCs hasn't really amazed me.

Besides, I just bought Forza Horizon 3 on eBay last night.
Pilmer
AG
MaroonStain said:

I have tried for the last few daze to unlock the Support weapon that needs 15 kills in one game with Tele Benet. Worst. Weapon. In. Game. Can't win in short-range nor mid-range and long-range most hits result in enemy high tailing to cover.

Play operations and sit in the field in bipod mode and mow people down. Also, if you place the gun in single fire mode it fires like an automatic sniper rifle. You will have the kills in no time.
Pilmer
AG
AggieBowhunter10 said:

Premium Pass is on sale for $30 on XBL Store but idk if I'm going to jump on board just yet. Haven't really been playing and what I've read about new DLCs hasn't really amazed me.

LOLDS. Buying video games on Ebay? Ok, grandpa.
MaroonStain
AG
Pilmer said:

MaroonStain said:

Play operations and sit in the field in bipod mode and mow people down. Also, if you place the gun in single fire mode it fires like an automatic sniper rifle. You will have the kills in no time.
Thanks! Stubborn game play is not one of my attributes. If I get killed by a camper, he will probably roll me 3 more times because I WILL VANQUISH HIM. (Usually someone else does). I am a great teammate because I charge into battle and provide a bullet sponge for my team.

Really need to take a week break and re-evaluate my game strat with different classes.
BradC34
AG
Pilmer said:

AggieBowhunter10 said:

LOLDS. Buying video games on Ebay? Ok, grandpa.

eBay is one of the best places to buy/sell games. They'll usually be cheaper than GameStop's used prices and you'll get more for it than GameStop's trade-ins. Don't hate.
byfLuger41
AG
Double XP today.

I'll definitely be on after the Aggie game.
Agmaniacmike12
Time to pull the trigger Brad.

https://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Premium-Pass-Xbox-Digital/dp/B01MU9G4IA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1506211347&sr=1-1&keywords=battlefield+1+premium+pass

$29.99 for Premium.
BradC34
AG
Oh no! I'm drinking my expendable income away rn!
byfLuger41
AG
So I fired up BF1 for the first time in 3.5 weeks (pregnant wife and 10 week old puppy) and really enjoyed the update. Not sure what all the fuss is about over these new service assignments. I completed 4/5 in just a few hours without any issues. 10 crossbow kills was slightly stubborn though. The remaining Scout assignment should be completed today.

Tip: It's currently Double XP so completing those assignments with an active Squad XP boost can produce some major XP. I had two rounds where my personal score was 206,464 and 242,564!

The new maps are awesome and the Russian updates seem pretty fresh. I was worried hoe much BF1 I would play with CoD WW2 coming out, but the BETA didn't wow me. BF1 is still king.

See y'all on the front.

Love -

Moist Brisket
Aggietaco
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

Not sure what all the fuss is about over these new service assignments. I completed 4/5 in just a few hours without any issues. 10 crossbow kills was slightly stubborn though. The remaining Scout assignment should be completed today.
That's just the first 5, aptly named "Getting Started". The rest get a bit onerous.
byfLuger41
AG
Touche

I completed 5a last night and it took some time. The good thing is you can cross complete these assignments without directly following them. Either way this update was very nice and unlocking all the new weapons for that 100 achievement should keep me plenty busy.
Aggietaco
AG
Agreed. If you could only progress on the one you were tracking it would be ridiculous.
MaroonStain
AG
I have unlocked all weapons except LMG needing two airplanes kills with LMG and Sniper Martini.

I almost have the all specializations completed except for the oddball one with Rush, telegraph requirements. This will be completed next weekend.

I am not a fan of Scout class but after being forced to get 15 & 20 tripwire HE kills then 50 Lebel kills. I got rather effective using my entire kit during battle. I played a LOT of Domination yesterday and that game mode is really fun.

Aggietaco
AG
How many times did you have to empty your **** bucket?
MaroonStain
AG
Aggietaco said:

How many times did you have to empty your **** bucket?
As in, did I take a break all weekend? Only played Friday night and Sunday day. I have been playing every day since release. I have no life outside PS4, gym, church and work. I am a machine!
MaroonStain
AG
...and I have not been to YMCA nor church in a while...
east2339
Howdy, I've just applied for this platoon. My gamer tag is Hazard0usFum3zz to whomever that would apply to. Quick run down: I'm a great pilot if I were to say so myself, particularly I prefer the attack plane for its ground fighting ability but I can use the other planes when I need to either take out a fighter who wont let me have fun with infantry or if I need to take out tanks with the bomber. I'm also a good infantry player, my piloting just stands out more . Anyway, I do PTFO and my role so thats a plus. Sure does feel like I'm submitting a job application here.. Lol. But yeah, check me out and accept me!
jeffk
AG
References?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.