***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

217,597 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
Pilmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh yea it's tough getting back in to the swing of things.
wee_ag
AG
Haven't purchased, what's the consensus thus far?
Pilmer
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
wee_ag said:

Haven't purchased, what's the consensus thus far?

I'm loving it.
Kooch 3:16
AG
Pilmer said:

Oh yea it's tough getting back in to the swing of things.
These maps are crazy intricate. Will take some getting used to. Amiens is nuts.

Pman17
AG
Kooch 3:16 said:

Is it just me...or is this really ****ing hard?
Yea, I find it hard too. Just gotta get used to it. I think squads and communication is key.
MaroonStain
AG
I played the beta and definitely hard to get in sync due to types of weaponry.

Once you "get" the flow then it really grips you.
Rock Ag
AG
Im down to play on xbox. Been playing the early access and loving it so far. I live in Europe so Ill be on early compared to everyone else. GT: German Kunst
jr15aggie
AG
OK, so how in the heck do you configure/buy new weapons n stuff in the main menu??? There is a "soldier" section but the only thing I can do is view all my upgrades and guns, I can't actually buy any or configure my loadouts. So frustrating.

And another thing, how in the heck do you leave a server in the post game lobby? I know you can hit Y immediately after a game, but after about 5 or 10 seconds that option is gone and the only thing you can do to get back is to reset the game and start over.

Great game, but some of this crap is baffling to me how overly complicated they made it. And since I'm on a rant, how about giving me a battlepack once in a while, eh dice!!!!! I've been at the bottom of the leaderboard, #1, and everything in between. Nothing! I'm being discriminated against!
jeffk
AG
I second all those complaints.

I guess it wouldn't be a BF game without some boneheaded menu options, right?

I think the My Soldier screen is supposed to let you buy and customize loadouts as they show prices and colors based on what you can afford/unlock. Maybe just not enabled yet for some reason? Also, I figured out that you can have up to three custom loadouts in each class yesterday. From the spawn menu, you should see something like "assault 1-3" on the left of the loadout bar at the bottom. Would be nice to do all that out of a game or even on Battlelog (whenever that gets updated).
Pilmer
AG
You won't be able to buy anything until you play well enough to collect war bonds...lol
Kampfers
AG
Pilmer said:

You won't be able to buy anything until you play well enough to collect war bonds...lol

This, plus a lot of the guns are locked until you level up the class a few times.

Not in front of the game right now but I think you press LT on the deployment page in order to customize the load out and from there you can purchase different equipment
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

And right here is the ONLY reason I enjoyed playing Hardcore mode back in the day... friendly fire was allowed!!!
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Not in front of the game right now but I think you press LT on the deployment page in order to customize the load out and from there you can purchase different equipment

I know how to do this in the game... point is after I wait 5 minutes for the game to load I'm ready to play. My team shouldn't wait for me to spawn because I'm too busy re-configuring all my stuff (not to mention I'll get booted for inactivity). And jeffk is correct, you can configure 3 different medic/assault/etc. load outs. That's cool, if they actually made it known how to do that before starting a game!!!
Pilmer
AG
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

I know how to do this in the game... point is after I wait 5 minutes for the game to load I'm ready to play. My team shouldn't wait for me to spawn because I'm too busy re-configuring all my stuff (not to mention I'll get booted for inactivity). And jeffk is correct, you can configure 3 different medic/assault/etc. load outs. That's cool, if they actually made it known how to do that before starting a game!!!

College graduate needs instruction.
jr15aggie
AG
My mistake was asking Texags a question and expecting a normal response.
jeffk
AG
Still can't get an operations game to load. Sits in loading for forever then kicks me back to the big map menu.
Pman17
AG
jeffk said:

Still can't get an operations game to load. Sits in loading for forever then kicks me back to the big map menu.
same here
jr15aggie
AG
Check the server browser. I couldn't get into a team deathmatch game (via quickmatch) the other day and when I checked the servers there were none online. I know they only have a certain number of game modes open for the free trial... there are 4 total I believe.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
jr15aggie said:

Check the server browser. I couldn't get into a team deathmatch game (via quickmatch) the other day and when I checked the servers there were none online. I know they only have a certain number of game modes open for the free trial... there are 4 total I believe.

Operations mode isn't available in the server browser.
Kooch 3:16
AG
I got Operations to work for the Oil of Empires saga yesterday. It's alright.
jeffk
AG
I GOT MY FIRST BATTLEPACK, Y'ALL!!!

IT'S A... support class pistol.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
jeffk said:

Not sure how I feel about this battlepack system yet. Also haven't figured out exactly what these codex items are yet.
jr15aggie
AG
jeffk said:

I got one too but haven't opened it yet.

I think you can "scrap" materials you get from battlepacks and use the "points" you get from that to save up and buy the more rare battlepacks.
wee_ag
AG
So battlepacks are now like CS:GO, random and not on leveling like before?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, they all contain a weapon skin and maybe a XP boost or a puzzle piece.
wee_ag
AG
I dislike this.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
For those who haven't been on tonight ALL maps are live now.
byfLuger41
AG
Think I have about 3.5-4.0 hours left that I should burn up tonight.

Pretty sure I'm 1k away from lvl 12. What is everyone else's rank at the moment?
jeffk
AG
Level 10 here with about 5.5 hours left on my trial.

Stupid popup reminder good for disrupting at least two killstreaks a round.

Finally got to play operations last night - fun change of pace, but it's pretty much a Battlefront game mode (forget the name). Tried to load a pigeons game, but it wasn't opened yet. Maybe it is now.
byfLuger41
AG
Quote:

So stupid and extremely irritating.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
jeffk said:

Level 10 here with about 5.5 hours left on my trial.

Finally got to play operations last night - fun change of pace, but it's pretty much a Battlefront game mode (forget the name). Tried to load a pigeons game, but it wasn't opened yet. Maybe it is now.
Think the game mode you're thinking of is turning point. Basically the rebels have to capture and hold 2 control points before they can proceed. I guess Operations is similar in concept but it's implemented much better. I like it, but it can take a long time to play.

Oh and level 10 here with about 90 minutes of trial left. My aim sucks so my k/d is pretty bad. But since I started running as a medic i've been in the top 15 more often than not. I can revive the others and cap flags better that I can get kills.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Sounds like I'm gonna have to get this game easttexasag04 on XBL
jeffk
AG
PIGEONS ARE SO DOPE!!
TheVarian
AG
What is this pigeon game you speak of??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.