***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,567 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a mix of hardpoint and CTF. Pretty fun and fast-moving. Plus, all the maps are open now so you get mix of locations. Argonne Forrest is crazy.
wee_ag
AG
I'm not seeing any kind of version that includes all the DLC... I shouldn't get my hopes up that they will include them in the regular game, should I.
wee_ag
AG
Ok - trying to order through Amazon to get the Prime discount and apparently they've changed their policy. It looks like you can either get the discounted price on physical disk WITHOUT release day delivery (delivers two days after release) OR get immediate code download WITHOUT the discounted Prime price. What a joke.
jeffk
AG
Well, that defeats the whole purpose of ordering with them.
Chrundle the Great
AG
I ordered the hard copy w/ the discount off of Amazon and it just shipped out of San Marcos like 20 minutes ago.
GigEmAgs14
AG
I also ordered a hard copy via Amazon Prime and I am receiving it on release day.
wee_ag
AG
jeffk said:

Well, that defeats the whole purpose of ordering with them.
Yeah - I'm giving them hell on the chat right now
wee_ag
AG
They were worthless. Couldn't get me release day delivery nor a discount on the digital version.
byfLuger41
AG
My 10 hours has expired! Made a good run to level 18 before early enlister release tomorrow.

Looking forward to diving into the game hard the next few days.

Cheers, m8's!
Pman17
AG
It's out!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Yep! I'm moving it to my external hard drive. Games were loading WAY faster for Pilmer from his so I'm gonna give that a shot. Had fun tonight, y'all.
Aggietaco
AG
wee_ag said:

They were worthless. Couldn't get me release day delivery nor a discount on the digital version.
I think the release date delivery period had passed. I had a fraud alert on my card the game was ordered on with Amazon and received a notice of a failed payment late last night. Now that I've updated my card, the delivery date is scheduled for 10/25. I'm on chat now...
OldArmy07
AG
This game is one of the better BF games we've had. I think the move away from all of the auto-locking, beeping, scoping stuff is a welcome change.

Tanks feel really powerful because you can't lock onto them and kill them from the other side of the map. It probably helps that we had a good squad last night, but I'm really looking forward to playing more this weekend.
OldArmy07
AG
wee_ag said:

I'm not seeing any kind of version that includes all the DLC... I shouldn't get my hopes up that they will include them in the regular game, should I.
You can get the Ultimate edition, but you can only get it digitally I think. It includes the standard Premium pass that we're used to. No discount for buying now vs. later though.
Pman17
AG
I never buy game disks anymore.

Pros of digital
- Pre-download so it's ready and you don't have to wait to install the disk
- Unlocks on Eastern time, so if you're in the Pacific, you play the game at 9pm the day before.
- Don't have to wait till midnight on your time zone at GameStop
- Cash back rewards, if you're in the Xbox Rewards program, they give you money for buying games in their store. I use my money for Rockband DLC.
- No disk swapping or carrying a folder of disks on the plane when traveling.

Cons
-Not as good deals later down the road
-can be still expensive years later, I think Black Ops II is still $50 on Xbox Live
CRM1712
AG
Any of you guys doing single player tonight, or straight to multiplayer?
jeffk
AG
I would like to burn through the single player campaign at some point, but I'll probably save that for an afternoon when I don't have a bunch of friends online.

BTW - pigeons is a game mode that a good squad can dominate easily. Got a good team of four randoms together yesterday and we won every match almost single-handedly.
jr15aggie
AG
Busy week for me and I'm out of town this weekend, but looking forward to it once we all have it. I have like 3 or 4 hours left on my time trial so I'll be on when I can over the next few days.

I think most of us that have been playing BF for a long time understand how to score points and win... always enjoy squading up with TexAgs!
Pilmer
AG
Companion is up on battlefield.com, someone with art skills needs to get on the logo-making for an Texas AMC logo.
Aggietaco
AG
Aggietaco said:

wee_ag said:

I think the release date delivery period had passed. I had a fraud alert on my card the game was ordered on with Amazon and received a notice of a failed payment late last night. Now that I've updated my card, the delivery date is scheduled for 10/25. I'm on chat now...
FYI, I was assured a release date delivery on Friday.

Also just realized EA is ****ing us out of Tuesday game releases unless we pay extra. I haven't been paying attention, apparently.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Is there any good way to get a message to idiots in-game? I think the last 3 times I've been in a behemoth the driver has barely moved. This last time I was in the dreadnought and my gun couldn't even turn enough to hit the map and the idiot just sat there. And whenever I join a random squad no one turns their mic on so I yell and swear to no avail.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Oh yeah, I moved the game to my external hard drive and it's noticeably faster loading games. I'm actually able to get in and grab a vehicle before anyone else now.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Also just realized EA is ****ing us out of Tuesday game releases unless we pay extra. I haven't been paying attention, apparently.
They are simply offering you a value added product by giving you the option to buy the "early release" version of the game! It's like going to six flags with your kids, you have the option of cutting in front of everybody else who's been waiting in line for 1 hour if you simply get the "speed pass".

Now when has that ever pissed anybody off before!?!
Agmaniacmike12
Aggietaco said:

Aggietaco said:

wee_ag said:

FYI, I was assured a release date delivery on Friday.

I didn't realize that the game wasn't available until Friday for me until last night. No big deal though. I may wait a couple of weeks for a price drop instead with Black Friday right around the corner.
jeffk
AG
So do we need to do anything extra to download the game if we have early enlister and did the EA trial?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I didn't have to. The extra packs needed to download but not the game itself.
Kooch 3:16
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I didn't have to. The extra packs needed to download but not the game itself.

Same here. Thankfully everything loaded much faster for me than during the trial period also. It was like 5 minute load screens.
WES2006AG
AG
Spent several hours on it last night and made it up to rank 11 I think. I was worried after I didn't really enjoy the beta but last night put those worries to bed.

This game is awesome. It is more challenging right now than BF4 mainly because it is so hard to kill armor. Having to run up to within 6 feet of a tank to kill it makes things a lot more interesting than shooting rockets at it from a mile away.

I haven't really gotten the hang of flying yet. After playing with jets on BF4 it feels like these planes are crawling through the air.

However, the biggest plus was that the game actually worked on launch day. EA seems to have gotten a major release right. With all of the frustrations after the BF4 release this was a welcome surprise.
MaroonStain
AG
Armor can be taken out but probably 80% you are too. This is offset depending on number of players in destroyed armor. During the beta, I took out a tank with 5 enemy combatants inside.
jr15aggie
AG
EDIT: You can share emblems so if somebody happens to make a really nice A&M logo I'm cool if we all use it. The other team will constantly be seeing A&M when they die! I may dink around with it during lunch.

Sweet, all the old emblems have carried forward (thanks to Pilmer for the heads up). LOL, I'm definitely using my Peter Griffin. I'm not even that big of a family guy fan, I just really thought it was funny and spent a decent amount of time making it back in the BF4 days.

If you don't like it don't say anything... my feelings are sensitive!

I also made a cooler Spartan one back then too:

Pilmer
AG
I think considering it's a world war 1 game, we need an AMC logo
Kampfers
AG
Have they broken the ability to copy other emblems?

I'm following the steps but can't get it to work with the new editor.

Trying to use this emblem:
http://emblemsbf.com/emblem-47919.html
MattTheBrave
AG
Any of you jokers playing Operation yet or still messing around with Conquest?
Pilmer
AG
I played Operation last night after we played conquest. I was destroying folks. I'm down.
jeffk
AG
I'm telling y'all. Pigeons is the *****

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.