***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,562 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/they-shall-not-pass?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_bf1-they-shall-not-pass-page-01202017-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=29253&ts=1485277348276

New expansion map details as well as new game mode, behemoth and weapons.
Pman17
AG
we we
jeffk
AG
Also, Bad Company 2 and BF3 at now in the EA vault.

https://www.ea.com/eaaccess/news/the-vault-expands-with-these-ea-stalwarts.html?utm_campaign=eaa_eaa_ww_ic_soco_twt_eaa-q4announce-012017-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=29277&ts=1485282483878
byfLuger41
AG
Verdun and Ruptrue sound amazing.

jeffk
AG
If there's not a surrender option for the French, DICE has no balls.
wee_ag
AG
$50 for the season pass? WTF
WES2006AG
AG
wee_ag said:

$50 for the season pass? WTF

Standard operating procedure for FPS games these days. I buy less games now that they are essentially $110/ea.
wee_ag
AG
SO MUCH THIS!!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-be-a-better-battlefield-1-medic-and-better-to-your-medics

And I will continue to yell at squad-mates that respawn as I'm standing over their dead bodies to revive them. I suck at this game and it's really one of the few ways I can earn points.
Hagen95
AG
Yes, it is very frustrating to run across the field getting shot at and shot through to revive a team mate to have them tap out and reset as you get there. But this happens in all FPS with a medic class. Makes me switch to scout class and sit back and snipe.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Debating getting this tonight. Is it worth it? Didn't want to look through all 36 pages but you guys seem to love it, right?
Xiuh
Now I feel like waiting until I see Mullet above me to respawn .

Aggiepeep, if you like shooters I would pick it up. Great game with a bunch of people who can help you out. Teamwork on this game does wonders.
byfLuger41
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Debating getting this tonight. Is it worth it? Didn't want to look through all 36 pages but you guys seem to love it, right?

I've been wanting a game like this since World at War.

Fully addicted at this point and probably spent $200 on this game.

Buy it now. It's tits.
WES2006AG
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

I've been wanting a game like this since World at War.

Fully addicted at this point and probably spent $200 on this game.

Buy it now. It's tits.
Early Enlist version was $80. Premium was $50. What did you spend the other $70 on?
byfLuger41
AG
Battlepacks.

I want boosts and tank skins NOW!!!
WES2006AG
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

Battlepacks.

I have been frustrated with the way that this game hands out boosts. Seems like they are few and far between. I currently have no skins because I sold them all to buy the expensive battlepacks in an unsuccessful effort to get boosts. With that said, I hadn't considered paying for them.
jeffk
AG
I have a whole network of HS students giving me their Monster Energy drink caps.
jeffk
AG
Also, I was holding a sleeping infant last night during your guys' "Ask Cortana Stupid Stuff" marathon. I had my mic muted and was trying to keep from laughing too much and waking her up.
byfLuger41
AG
WES2006AG said:

Smith&Co1970 said:

Battlepacks.

I have been frustrated with the way that this game hands out boosts. Seems like they are few and far between. I currently have no skins because I sold them all to buy the expensive battlepacks in an unsuccessful effort to get boosts. With that said, I hadn't considered paying for them.

I suffer from white privilege. Not proud of it, but I have a BF1 addiction. Should I seek help or some kind of intervention?
byfLuger41
AG
Wtf is Cortana?
jeffk
AG
She's Microsoft's answer to Siri. She's who you talk to when you talk to your Xbox.

(Have you played a HALO game?)
k20dub
AG
I miss just saying, "Xbox".
WES2006AG
AG
k20dub said:

I still say "xbox" to give voice commands. Maybe I missed an update or something.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Thanks! But I can just buy the game alone and it's fully playable right? Don't need to spend money on upgrades?
WES2006AG
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Thanks! But I can just buy the game alone and it's fully playable right? Don't need to spend money on upgrades?
You will probably want the new maps, guns, and vehicles that come with Premium. Especially if you are going to play this for a while.

Other than that everything else can be earned in game and does not have to be purchased.
k20dub
AG
WES2006AG said:

k20dub said:

I still say "xbox" to give voice commands. Maybe I missed an update or something.
Actually after doing some googling, looks like you can turn Cortana off and go back to saying Xbox.
E
AG
Man, looks like I missed out last night. I got home around 10 and debated getting on or not, decided to go to bed instead....
E
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Is it worth it? Yes...
Agmaniacmike12
So, apparently there is a new method of trolling. You can kill people with the gas mask if you get inside their character and put it on. It does 45 damage if they are at full health so the best way to get the kill is to pop a couple of sidearm shots before activating the gas mask.

GasMaskTroll
jeffk
AG
Seems legit.
AggiePeeps06
AG
How does it compare to World at War? I loved that game as well. The new COD's are way too futuristic for me so I've been looking for a good older era shooter
byfLuger41
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

How does it compare to World at War? I loved that game as well. The new COD's are way too futuristic for me so I've been looking for a good older era shooter

I'd say 10x better than WaW. I'm a huge World War I/II buff and actually just did a 2 week Band of Brothers tour across Europe last May. As a history buff this game is very realistic, entertaining and hard to put down. I too am not keen on all the futuristic crap being shoved down are throat. Never was a Halo guy, but did get down on some CoD 1, 2 and 3.

If you enjoyed WaW you should but this game. EOT.

HTH
WES2006AG
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

It is a BF title so it will be different. It is a much more immersive experience with the vehicles and all. If you are looking for a "good older era shooter" I would have to imagine this is the game for you.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Got it today. Anyone down to play tonight
wee_ag
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Got it today. Anyone down to play tonight
I'll def. be on after 10pm CST - deathmullet76

There's usually another 5 or 6 from this thread on as well.
AggieLAX
AG
This game kicks so much ass it's not even funny. I had 20 kills as a a scout in the Argonne Forest the other day. Best ever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.