***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,579 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I had hoped the codes would come out today and we could predownload so we could start playing. Sounds like codes will come out tomorrow but won't be able to start playing until 7ish5 in the evening. So much for early access.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I read that those of us that registered as an Insider will get early beta access codes emailed out tomorrow. I think several of us did that (was posted earlier in this thread).

If not the open beta begins Wed.
I pre-reged, but I have plans for Tuesday night, so I don't know if I'll actually get to play early. I'm very interested to see how it is. I played the Titanfall 2 beta last night and really enjoyed it, so there are a ton of games competing for my attention this Fall, particularly with Destiny hogging most of my attention.
Aggietaco
AG
Dammit, who the hell schedules a beta over opening day and the first weekend of college football?

Anyone know when it ends?
Bryan98
AG
I don't think they've announced the start time nor end date yet, but I expect we'll know both tomorrow.
Chrundle the Great
AG

Check your emails!!
wee_ag
AG
NM - just got it!
Agmaniacmike12
If anyone has an early access code they won't be able to use I will gladly take it off your hands. I wish they would allow pre-downloads for these events.My Internet is so slow that I miss half of the beta downloading it.
Aggietaco
AG
If I knew when the beta was over I might be able to help. But I'll likely start my download here shortly in the off chance I'll have time to play before Sunday.
jeffk
AG
In!
byfLuger41
AG
I haven't been able to mow my lawn in weeks with all this rain and now the beta release? *****
Aggietaco
AG
FYI, download is just over 6GB, like 6.16. Took me around 5 minutes to install this morning.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I don't even have my code yet!?
Pilmer
AG
Pretty fantastic early on, taking me time to get used to spawn in and it's currently kill two guys get mowed down by vehicles
HossAg
AG
Still haven't gotten a code
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Check your emails!!
Posted at 1:30 AM... LOL, I had been in dreamland for a few hours when you were "checking your email". /old man rant!

But I got mine. Redeemed code from work... I think my XB1 will download while I'm away. I told the Mrs. about this yesterday so I might be able to play after work or later tonight.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Anyone play the beta yet?
I played a round this morning real quick and got the sense that it is Battlefront but with just a Battlefield skin...
Disappointed as of now.
Pilmer
AG
I played this morning, it's like any other battlefield game so far. In the beginning, before you unlock stuff and specializations occur, it's just running around shooting guys to get points. Once you start earning war bonds, you can buy new gear and the game becomes more interesting. Vehicles are ridiculously overpowered only because no one has the gear to take them out.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Ah, it was in my junk. So if log in from work and redeem my code will it auto-download to my xbox while I'm not there?
jeffk
AG
quote:
Ah, it was in my junk. So if log in from work and redeem my code will it auto-download to my xbox while I'm not there?

Mine said it would when I redeemed the code this morning, but in the past it's been about 50-50 on actually doing that while I'm away.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Anyone play the beta yet?
I played a round this morning real quick and got the sense that it is Battlefront but with just a Battlefield skin...
Disappointed as of now.
But Battlefront is just Battlefield with a Star Wars skin...

You just got inceptioned.
Agmaniacmike12
quote:
FYI, download is just over 6GB, like 6.16. Took me around 5 minutes to install this morning.
Nice, that should only take me 24 hours to download. I was worried it would be 15-20 GB like the Overwatch Beta.
Pman17
AG
Downloading slowly under cell connection. Glad it's 6 gigs! 62%!
HossAg
AG
Are there heart shots in this game? It seems like people just get melted randomly when they're full health and I definitely didn't hit a head shot.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Vehicles are ridiculously overpowered only because no one has the gear to take them out.

Strap the WWI equivalent of C4 onto a horse and that will solve the problem right there! Come on Dice, make it an option, you gotta give us kamikaze trolls something to live for!!!
Bigsteve713
AG
wow, I haven't played Battlefield 4 in about 2 years and mostly played CoD and it's so hard for me to aim in this game. I cannot hit anyone with a scout rifle to save my life. All that being said I am really enjoying this beta. It looks really nice and it is such a cool change of pace from all the games we've had released lately.
Bryan98
AG
Still no email! Why did I sign up for this thing?
GigEmAgs14
AG
quote:
I played this morning, it's like any other battlefield game so far. In the beginning, before you unlock stuff and specializations occur, it's just running around shooting guys to get points. Once you start earning war bonds, you can buy new gear and the game becomes more interesting. Vehicles are ridiculously overpowered only because no one has the gear to take them out.
Killed a guy in a vehicle and the vehicle kept going forward to hit a guy on a horse which made him fly off said horse
Pman17
AG
Played a bit, during lunch break. Had lots of connection issues. I think it was my connection. Should have a good connection tonight. Kind of annoying because the game would just freeze, even the menus due to bad connection.

Nuka World is out btw for Fallout 4
HossAg
AG
They shouldn't have used this map for the beta, its way too open and tank friendly for the amount of equipment we have to work with.

Not feeling this game as much as I thought I would tbh. I couldn't stop playing the bf4 beta when it came out, and I'm already bored on this one.
Pilmer
AG
Yea, it's probably a poor choice for the beta, or they should have dialed back number of vehicles, but I know I will enjoy the regular game based on gameplay
Pman17
AG
I wish they used the demo map they had at E3 for the beta.
wee_ag
AG
Yeah - After about a dozen conquest games, I'm in the 'Meh' boat on this. It could partly be switching from BF4 on PC to this on XB1 (controls felt cumbersome), but the gameplay didn't really suck me in. Maybe with some Ags in a party it would be better. I'll be on 10ish tonight.

deathmullet76
Ark03
AG
I started out excited, but ya'll are not doing a good job of selling this game. I may just be in No Man's Sky or Ark until there's a deep discount.
jr15aggie
AG
Ended up home from work early... we definitely need a group of Aggies online to give it a go. It wasn't much fun solo but that's (hopefully) because I was spending a lot of time figuring crap out.

This whole WWI might be a hard sell long term. I hate open sights and the vehicles seem boring, but they are obviously important. Gonna get either way, but after first impression I'm wondering how long we will stay engaged. Definitely staying far away from pre-ordering any DLC.

FYI the default game type is conquest on the desert map, but you can do a rush mode on a different map if you use the menus. Definitely want to give that a try later on. Hoping to be online tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.