***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,582 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This game.
Hagen95
AG
Pilmer said:

emblem
I'm stealing this emblem. It's much better than the one I made.
FriendlyAg
MaroonStain said:

FriendlyAg said:

I wish these games would tone down the environmental element. I don't want to play in fog or sandstorms. It's ****ing stupid. Ya, looks cool, but I don't want to play on a giant map where I can't see anything

Yeah it is better when the conditions are clear and sunny which leads to scout/sniper wars.

As opposed to people running around with shotguns in the sandstorm?
MaroonStain
AG
I am the medic that will try to revive that player.

I had my best game yesterday...finally finished Top 10, scored over 10k points and had 17k/18d ratio.

One of my weaknesses is spawning right into a fire fight over and over and over. Trying to get deaths per game <15 but difficult with my "style" of play.
byfLuger41
AG
Is your GT Alpha Rebirth?
MaroonStain
AG
No I'm on PS4. Our thread is weak toast.
FriendlyAg
MaroonStain said:

No I'm on PS4. Our thread is weak toast.

I play on PS4. Couldn't find a PS4 thread so I have been following this thread for the commentary.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'm the support guy who makes it rain ammo. Call me Pacman Jones if you will.
k20dub
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Same. Mortar is fun as ****.
TresPuertas
AG
I have never been able to get the mortar to do any damage. I'll line it up, launch it above a bunch of enemies, and then...... nothing.

Whats the trick?
Pilmer
AG
If you have people spotting on your team it works best. It's also better to use the airburst mortar on infantry. Don't move the stick when you pull the trigger to fire it. The mortar will move if you move the stick as you are firing.
TresPuertas
AG
Pilmer said:

If you have people spotting on your team it works best. It's also better to use the airburst mortar on infantry. Don't move the stick when you pull the trigger to fire it. The mortar will move if you move the stick as you are firing.
Which brings up another point.

PLEASE EVERYONE DO THIS. I honestly thought it was something they got rid of with BF1 until I went online and read about it. I couldn't believe how many people didn't spot enemies in this game.
Mr Gigem
AG
Love sniping on that map
Mr Gigem
AG
MaroonStain said:

I am the medic that will try to revive that player.

I had my best game yesterday...finally finished Top 10, scored over 10k points and had 17k/18d ratio.

One of my weaknesses is spawning right into a fire fight over and over and over. Trying to get deaths per game <15 but difficult with my "style" of play.

Had the same type of game the other day. K/D was awful but had a ton of points because I was healing/reviving and capping objectives
wee_ag
AG
k20dub said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

Same. Mortar is fun as ****.
Does mortaring glitch for anyone else? Half the time the map doesn't go away to show where it flies, or else it does but then it cuts back to me on the mortar and neither the map nor the follow cam appears when I fire.
k20dub
AG
Yep, it's done that to me several times. I've also learned the hard way that you need open space to launch. I've hit buildings right next to me a time or two and thought someone else was mortaring me.
Chrundle the Great
AG
SIAP but I just learned this and it's game changing for me. If you're a medic or support class and you're running with bandages or ammo pouch, you can use right bumper to heal/supply your teammates from a distance even if both are moving (about 20 ft or so). IMO use of the the spotting button is the difference between victory/defeat most games and this just adds to it.
Also, same thing applies to the cavalry class except he tosses both whether you need it or not. Cavalry is my favorite unit, he's essentially a super soldier and super teammate.
AGinHI
AG
TresPuertas said:

I have never been able to get the mortar to do any damage. I'll line it up, launch it above a bunch of enemies, and then...... nothing.

Whats the trick?
Once you target a bunch of enemies, that preferably are engaged with teammates as opposed to single targets randomly moving around (point C on the bridge in Argonne Forest for example), just keep launching without using the map.

I've taken out 4-5 at a time.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Big patch coming tomorrow morning. Haven't seen all the details on it yet.
jeffk
AG
Hopefully it's all menu related.
Pilmer
AG
Just a heads up though on spotting, if you are hiding from an enemy and spot someone, your guy will give away his position by yelling. Same thing with health and ammo.
Mr Gigem
AG
jeffk
AG
Pilmer said:

Just a heads up though on spotting, if you are hiding from an enemy and spot someone, your guy will give away his position by yelling. Same thing with health and ammo.

Which is why repeatedly spotting a behemoth is so much fun.

"ITS AN AIRSHIP! ITS AN AIRSHIP! IVE SPOTTED A ZEPPELIN! ITS AN AIRSHIP!"
jeffk
AG
Had fun successfully defending the tunnel point in Monte Grappa for three straight attacks in operations.

Racked up a ton of dynamite and antitank grenade kills.
AGinHI
AG
AGinHI said:

TresPuertas said:

Whats the trick?
Once you target a bunch of enemies, that preferably are engaged with teammates as opposed to single targets randomly moving around (point C on the bridge in Argonne Forest for example), just keep launching without using the map.

I've taken out 4-5 at a time.

Forget the above. The update has increased the inaccuracy penalty for firing multiple rounds quickly.
AgFB
AG
Did you guys do a rundown of best primary weapon for each class? I know very little about WW1 era weapons so cycling through them in the menu is pretty useless.
Agineer
AG
That's a huge patch
Mr Gigem
AG
Agineer said:

That's a huge patch
For real. I think I need a nap after reading all that
Phat32
AG
Spent some time in the Armored Train yesterday. Holy gawd that is fun.
E
AG
AgFB said:

Did you guys do a rundown of best primary weapon for each class? I know very little about WW1 era weapons so cycling through them in the menu is pretty useless.

Well knowing a bunch about WW1 guns ain't gonna help you out, DICE fudged a little with the accuracy part of this game.

I mean there is an entire class dedicated to SMGs...
Phat32
AG
It's clear they embellished on some of the weaponry, but that's fine with me.
E
AG
Oh yeah, makes it more fun. A game with just single shot rifles would be boring.
jeffk
AG
That's a lot of fixes.
wee_ag
AG
Quote:

You can customize your soldier from within the UI by selecting the icon on Home or on Soldier.
It's remarkable it took an update for them to implement this. It's almost like they don't have play testers or a beta.
BR0
wee_ag said:

Quote:

You can customize your soldier from within the UI by selecting the icon on Home or on Soldier.
It's remarkable it took an update for them to implement this. It's almost like they don't have play testers or a beta.

Given how badass this game is. I can overlook that 2 weeks of minor annoyance.

This update is awesome. Literally fixes everything I wanted, and improved way more than had ever crossed my mind. I'm looking forward to more competitive operations matches, and the improved LMGs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.