***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

221,550 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
Agmaniacmike12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I noticed that weapon customization/modding is not available for the beta.
jeffk
AG
Noticed that too, bhut the way they handle unlocks and weapon purchases is identical to Battlefront. I hope they don't go that route - its pretty bland.
jeffk
AG
Finally got a bayonet charge kill today. Poor sucker tried to get me with his pistol but he never had a chance.

I should be on for a good late night tonight.
Madmarttigan
AG
same
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Finally got a bayonet charge kill today. Poor sucker tried to get me with his pistol but he never had a chance.

I should be on for a good late night tonight.
You didn't accept my invite...
jeffk
AG
My son had just woken up from his nap and I was getting offline. Lo siento, compadre.
wee_ag
AG
byfLuger41
AG
Been crushing it all day!

Almost to lvl 15!
Kooch 3:16
AG
I remember when I used to be able to play this game.
jr15aggie
AG
After some initial adjusting, I really like this game for it's core elements. It's definitely different from modern BF games, but I guess that's the whole idea... something different. I probably prefer the modern stuff, but in terms of sound and environment this game is good.

The main thing that I think needs adjusting is the damage the heavy tanks can take. As an "assault" guy, it takes both of my tank grenades and all 3 TNT charges to take out a large tank. That means I have to stand near it at point blank range for a good 10+ seconds to fully take it out. Considering that drivers can self repair (which I also think is crap... that's what the "engineer" class if for), the heavy tanks should be easier to kill.

And so far the planes also seem completely worthless. They serve no purpose but to kill other planes. As a bomber I've executed 4+ strafing runs (with both sets of bombs) on the titan train and it stays alive. I mean, if a bomber (which takes a hella long time to turn around) can make 4 successful passes w/out doing anything meaningful, what the hell is the point!.

So in short, I'm in (of course I'm in), but hopefully they fix some things.
WES2006AG
AG
I was not very impressed at first but after a few rounds today this game is growing on me.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Good lord, I sucked tonight, but thanks for letting me run with y'all for a bit.
jeffk
AG
What's the rhyme or reason to the train appearing?

I dominated in the lead big gun seat on that thing last night.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Train appears when one team is losing badly enough. Supposedly to help them get caught up. I'm not a fan of that.
Madmarttigan
AG
I also hate that thing and am not a fan of anti vehicle measures currently
wee_ag
AG
I like the train... but that could be because I joined a loosing team last night and as soon as I spawned so did the train. Jumped in the driver seat and wrecked shop with it. We didn't win, but I ended up 8th on the team with a 0/0 k/d.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Train appears when one team is losing badly enough. Supposedly to help them get caught up. I'm not a fan of that.

I think catch-up mechanisms are a good design if the goal is fun. If the goal is pure competition, obviously they're not welcome.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Yeah I'm only a fan of it when I'm in it. Drove last game and got like 13 flags.
Bryan98
AG
I played for the second time tonight. It's not terrible, but I'm not paying $60 for it. Terrible map to try and sell the game with, imho.
Madmarttigan
AG
My thing is mostly a hatred of the feel of the weapons, while understandable due to the era of the game, it still drives me nuts.

Definitely on the fence over this and titanfall. After TF fixed a lot of things for their 2nd open weekend I think I may be more positive about that game versus this.
wee_ag
AG
Side note: Beta may have connection issues for a while... Battlefield 1 "simulating extreme launch situations" to test servers
Bryan98
AG
quote:
My thing is mostly a hatred of the feel of the weapons, while understandable due to the era of the game, it still drives me nuts.

Definitely on the fence over this and titanfall. After TF fixed a lot of things for their 2nd open weekend I think I may be more positive about that game versus this.

My Fall purchase confidence rankings, highest to lowest:
Destiny: RoI
TF 2
Gears 4
COD IF
Watch Dogs 2

BF1 has fallen completely off. Hate the guns, hate the map, hate the clunky vehicles, hate the catering to the snipers which is a de facto punishment for people who actually try to play the objectives.

Based on just the one map, this is my least-favorite Battlefield ever, and I've been playing since the beginning.
Madmarttigan
AG
I hope cod is only on that list because of remastered modern warfare.

Also what in the hell is wrong with gaming companies releasing all of this in the same season. People will buy them just as much in the spring or summer... but I can't justify spending over 100 dollars on basically the same type of games.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
BF1 has fallen completely off. Hate the guns, hate the map, hate the clunky vehicles, hate the catering to the snipers which is a de facto punishment for people who actually try to play the objectives.

MORE HATEEEEEE!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I kinda took a break from video games after Quake so the only other battlefield I've played is BF4, but I'm enjoying BF1. I do think the sniper needs to be adjusted. It's just too easy. And there are some bug fixed of course. I want more customization option on weapons and loadouts. The weapons definitely take some getting used to, but I'm liking it overall.
Kampfers
AG
I enjoy the guns. Love the feel of the bolt actions the medic has. This will be my fall shooter purchase, so feel free to throw me on the list.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
Noticed that too, bhut the way they handle unlocks and weapon purchases is identical to Battlefront. I hope they don't go that route - its pretty bland.
I like that it's done by war bonds - that way I don't have to grind for forever to get a specific gun, I can just pick and choose the one I want to unlock.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
I like that it's done by war bonds - that way I don't have to grind for forever to get a specific gun, I can just pick and choose the one I want to unlock.

I played around with the menus a bit more this weekend and found a couple of locked screens where I think we'll be able to further customize our weapons - maybe skins, reticles, bayonets, magazines and the like.

Also, I really like the gameplay so far. Still super fast-paced with all the vehicles, but I don't even mind the iron sights and bolt actions. I do think they'll nerf the vehicles at some point unless there are some more powerful anti-tank weapons available at the higher levels.

Anyway, I'm sold. Partially because it's a fun, good-looking game (BATTLEFIELD!!!) and partially because I'm actually not to shabby at it.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I hope cod is only on that list because of remastered modern warfare.

Also what in the hell is wrong with gaming companies releasing all of this in the same season. People will buy them just as much in the spring or summer... but I can't justify spending over 100 dollars on basically the same type of games.
I've never bought or played a COD, actually - it's the sci-fi direction that is attracting me. I will say that every year at E3 they show a story campaign trailer that blows my mind, I briefly consider buying it, and then the thought fades away forever. However, I've never played a game where I play a space marine type who assaults another ship via spacewalking and breaching. That got my full attention. So I figure I've never tried this hyper-popular series, and now is as good a time as any.

That's if I can pull myself away from Destiny and whatever other game(s) I end up getting. I have historically loved the Gears of War multiplayer, although I'm not even 100% sure I'll be buying 4. I really, really enjoyed the Titanfall 2 beta, so I'm strongly considering a purchase. Watch Dogs 2, well, I haven't played a good sandbox game in a long time, and I love what they're doing with multiplayer features intersecting with the campaign, ala Dark Souls.
E
AG
I guess since no one plays The Division anymore, I'll join in on this Battlefield...

Gamertag: LOOK ITS E
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Today is the last day of the beta. See y'all on October 18th.

Madmarttigan
AG
Let me get go get sniped 50 more times.
byfLuger41
AG
Oct 13th for me.
GigEmAgs14
AG
October 21*
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
Oct 13th for me.

How?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.