***** Official BATTLEFIELD 1 - XBOX ONE *****

218,990 Views | 2411 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilmer
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It got pulled.
Pman17
AG
Hopefully it'll be up tonight at 11pm CDT
Pilmer
AG
I played. Beginning is a movie.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Booooo
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Looks like it's back up now. Will be on a little later. Gonna ration my time with it until the 18th.
jeffk
AG
Probably ooing to jump on tomorrow night.
Pilmer
AG
There's a sweet notification that pops up multiple times while in game to cover entire screen and let you know how many hours you have left.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Pilmer said:

There's a sweet notification that pops up multiple times while in game to cover entire screen and let you know how many hours you have left.

And you'll get your ass shot off every damn time it comes up too. Other than that the game is awesome so far. Looks amazing.
jr15aggie
AG
Hopefully I'll get some time tonight.
OldArmy07
AG
So far so good, other than the trial time remaining notifications that popup every 5 minutes.

More like BF 4 than BF Hardline, which is a good thing.
Pilmer
AG
Early impressions:

The singleplayer graphics are insane, the multiplayer graphics are dialed down from singleplayer.

Game is tough at beginning, but once we got a squad it was measurably better.

Destruction from bad company 2 is back in regards to some of the villages, which is fantastic.

Can't wait to finish up the 10 hour teaser and be ready to rock out in 5 days.
jeffk
AG
The 10 hour limit applies to both single player and multiplayer?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
jeffk said:

Yes. I haven't played any single player. Wanted to spend my time on the multiplayer.
Pilmer
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

jeffk said:

Yes. I haven't played any single player. Wanted to spend my time on the multiplayer.
They didn't force you to play the first level?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Yeah it started there, but I hit "A" and it gave me the option to skip. Same thing with the opening cinematic. I'll do it eventually, but I didn't want to waste any of my 10 hours on something like that. I had already seen it on youtube anyway.
Pilmer
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Yeah it started there, but I hit "A" and it gave me the option to skip. Same thing with the opening cinematic. I'll do it eventually, but I didn't want to waste any of my 10 hours on something like that. I had already seen it on youtube anyway.
Interesting, I didn't realize it would let you skip it.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Oh and FYI, if y'all send me a party invite and I decline it during the trial it's likely because it's my son playing on my account. We only have the one ea access account so he's playing on my profile some.
Chrundle the Great
AG
So for us lolpoors without ea access, any differences between the beta and now? I wasn't even as down on the beta as some people were, but y'all are sounding even more excited about it now then when the beta came out.
jr15aggie
AG
greenyjoe said:

So for us lolpoors without ea access, any differences between the beta and now? I wasn't even as down on the beta as some people were, but y'all are sounding even more excited about it now then when the beta came out.
All you have to do is pay $5 for one month of EA access... and then you get 10% off the game too so it works out. Unless you prefer to get a hard copy of the game it basically costs nothing to get EA access (for one month) and then get the digital version of the game.

I also heard that if you pre-order BF1 you get a free month of access also, but I'm not 100% sure.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
greenyjoe said:

I'm probably not the right person to give a comparison since I suck so bad, but I thought it was much improved. Transitioning between games and maps worked like it was supposed to. The gameplay and mechanics ran smoothly. Didn't see any dudes floating through the air or horses stuck halfway inside walls, or any craziness like that. Think there are some weapon balance issues they'll need to work out, and sniping needs to be more difficult, but overall I really enjoyed it and think I'm going to enjoy it for a long while.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Yeah I've already pre-ordered the hard copy from Amazon. And I don't want to pay $5 for 10 hours especially when I don't see myself getting 10 hours to play between now and Tuesday.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Does it seem like you can destroy more stuff than you could in the beta? And is the building destruction more fluid? Those were where I envisioned the biggest improvement.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
greenyjoe said:

Does it seem like you can destroy more stuff than you could in the beta? And is the building destruction more fluid? Those were where I envisioned the biggest improvement.

Destroy "more" I'm not sure about. Different maps and all. But it looks good. You can destroy tons of stuff and it falls in the right direction so it's not just the same animation over and over.
jr15aggie
AG
Played a couple games last night... pretty fun. Got a great clip of the Zeppelin coming down 10 feet away from me. I watched my entire squad and then some got wiped out by it... it was The Aggie MD to the rescue! I'll try and remember to share to my one drive so I can upload and share here.

I'll apologize for any of my shortcomings in the early goings... it takes me longer and longer to jump in and figure out these games today. I feel like an old man wandering around the park, but instead of some hot young woman asking, "excuse me sir, are you lost, can I help you?" these mean young kids just walk up and shoot me while I'm still trying to figure out where I am!!!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
jr15aggie said:

Played a couple games last night... pretty fun. Got a great clip of the Zeppelin coming down 10 feet away from me. I watched my entire squad and then some got wiped out by it... it was The Aggie MD to the rescue! I'll try and remember to share to my one drive so I can upload and share here.

I'll apologize for any of my shortcomings in the early goings... it takes me longer and longer to jump in and figure out these games today. I feel like an old man wandering around the park, but instead of some hot young woman asking, "excuse me sir, are you lost, can I help you?" these mean young kids just walk up and shoot me while I'm still trying to figure out where I am!!!
Yep thanks for the revive. I was too mesmerized by the fire falling down on me. And I too feel like an old man. Problem is, I am. It's my son's xbox, but dammit if I don't have fun playing it too.
byfLuger41
AG
How do I turn off the "You are below 10hrs" notification?!

It's gotten me killed a few times.
Pilmer
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

How do I turn off the "You are below 10hrs" notification?!

It's gotten me killed a few times.
Grin and bear it. LOL. It's a problem with EA Access, I'm assuming won't get fixed before the trial is up. Good news is the game comes out in four days.
jeffk
AG
Played some rounds last night - without a squad, I'm a bullet magnet, with a squad, I'm still a bullet magnet, but at least I'm a productive bullet magnet.

Game looks great and plays like Battlefield which is all I really ask for. Feels more like BC2 than BF4, which I'm enjoying. Didn't get to play around with the customization options much as I didn't want to waste precious seconds of my trial on it. Not exactly sure how battlepacks drop - I was the leading scorer on my team twice last night and didn't get any reward for it. Medals are all pretty tough to get, but the completionist in me is kind of happy about the new challenge.

I really think I'll enjoy this game for a good while.
jr15aggie
AG
Game is definitely really good looking! For the most part, as I've said, I've been too busy being the old man walking around lost and confused (and then I get shot of course)... but occasionally I stop to look around and what I see is very nice!!!

We just need to get Aggies together. I joke about my old man issues but I, along with my fellow Aggies, were at the top of the leader boards both games I played. If we can two parties / 4 squads of Aggies in a server it's probably not going to end well for the other team! Some of us may not shoot as well as we use to, but we know how to score points in BF!!!
Kampfers
AG
Played a few games of operations before the ags jumped on. Really enjoyed it. Kind of a new twist on rush which was always my favorite back when it got more love in the bad company days
jr15aggie
AG
Kampfers said:

Played a few games of operations before the ags jumped on. Really enjoyed it. Kind of a new twist on rush which was always my favorite back when it got more love in the bad company days
Yeah, we definitely need to hit up something besides conquest all the time. Conquest is great, but the other game modes are fun too!
jeffk
AG
Played a bit of rush last night. Pretty tough but fun.

Tried to get into an operations game, but it kept bouncing me back to menus. Never could get it to load.

Really like the sweeper medic semi-auto rifle. Nice tight groups.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
EA says a factory reset while saving all games and apps will get rid of the trial reminder pop-up. I haven't tried this though.
Kooch 3:16
AG
Is it just me...or is this really ****ing hard?
Kooch 3:16
AG
2 other thoughts I had:

1. Why do I have a cape on?
2. Wait, am I black???

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.