Hearthstone Nerds

132,608 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The payoff for a 10 cost Kazakus card is soooo good
Predmid
AG
Started ranked and already ran into a god awful annoying priest who had all the new legendary & epic cards. Wasn't expecting to lose to dragonfire board clears twice in a row.
agmrpink
AG
redline248 said:

The payoff for a 10 cost Kazakus card is soooo good

How does he work? What sorts of spells can go down?
redline248
AG
When you play Kazakus, you get to choose if you want to make a 1 mana, 5 mana, or 10 mana spell. Then you choose 2 separate effects for that spell to have. So, as an example, earlier I made a 10 mana spell that did:

Transform all minions into 1/1 sheep, and add 3 demons to your hand.

You can read more about the other effects here: http://hearthstone.metabomb.net/game-guides/hearthstone-custom-spell-guide
redline248
AG
How does everyone like the game right now? Meta still seems to be somewhat in flux...lot of Reno and jade stuff
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
redline248 said:

How does everyone like the game right now? Meta still seems to be somewhat in flux...lot of Reno and jade stuff

I'm loving it right now. Slugging it out at rank seven with Reno Priest. Control can actually win in this meta. Seeing lots of different classes and decks. Kazakus is ridiculously fun. I'll be really disappointed when Reno rotates out of standard.
redline248
AG
How do you deal with pirate warrior?
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
redline248 said:

How do you deal with pirate warrior?
I have a pretty good record I feel like against it. 2/4 taunt helps. Drawing Reno = instant win. I carry both ooze and Harrison.

Jade Druid is a struggle.
Cloud
I'm just glad priest doesn't suck anymore. I played pirate warrior to rank 10 and then switched to dragon priest. Currently sitting at rank 8.
redline248
AG
Last night I had a pretty decent run with Reno lock. The odds were in my favor...twice an opponent played dirty rat and missed pulling out my Reno, and twice a dirty rat of my own totally f-cked the opponent.
Cloud
redline248 said:

Last night I had a pretty decent run with Reno lock. The odds were in my favor...twice an opponent played dirty rat and missed pulling out my Reno, and twice a dirty rat of my own totally f-cked the opponent.

redline248
AG
Yep
Cloud
redline248 said:

This seems...unlikely

Actually pulled this off in arena today. Can't believe I got to draft two. Needless to say, he conceded next turn.

redline248
AG
His username is pretty accurate
Cloud
Went 12 wins with the deck. Only pulled off the combo the one time.
Predmid
AG
ok, new most incredible bullcrap loss in hearthstone.

Back and forth with a devolve/evolve shaman vs. my "play 50 rogue card" quest deck. Clear his board with dark iron skulker.

He's at 7, I'm at 5. I have lethal on board.

Topdecks that 6 mana battlecry deal 3 damage to my face. Evolve. baron geddon. eot 2 aoe damage for lethal.
redline248
AG
oh man, that's so brutal.
Cloud
Feels shaman man
Predmid
AG
Is there anything it can't do?
redline248
AG
Predmid said:

Is there anything it can't do?
beat dragon priest's "deal 5 damage to all minions except dragons" board clear.
Predmid
AG
Next turn play a couple more jade cards and you're back to having board control.
redline248
AG
There aren't enough jade cards in shaman decks.
Line Ate Member
AG
So question on Kazaxus card, does spell order matter? If I choose deal 6 damage to all and then summon my 8/8 demon, will I have an 8/2 demon afterwards or an 8/8?
redline248
AG
You'll have an 8/8 demon. The summons will happen after damage. I also think if you choose summon as the first option, and damage as the 2nd option, the damage still happens first.

I think, but am not sure, if you choose summon + give your minions health, the health happens last.
Predmid
AG
It has the same amount of jade golem summoning cards as the other classes (3 per class plus the two neutrals.
Line Ate Member
AG
However, with all of the different death rattle effects in the rogue death with potential of putting multiple copies of cards that bring in more golems in that deck as well, shaman golem does seem to be lagging a tad bit. You almost have to have a bran out to get the same synergy as you have in both the Druid and Rogue decks.
redline248
AG
Druid is the only one that can really get the overwhelming value
Line Ate Member
AG
Just checked...I picked 8/8 demon and then 6 damage. The potion is smart. Board clear and then he was looking at an 8/8 demon about to smash his face in.

The health happens last as well!
Line Ate Member
AG
If you get uther you might as gg in the tavern brawl
redline248
AG
Well, it only took a year, but I've finally made rank 10 in consecutive months.
redline248
AG
Predmid
AG
I really need aya and fandrel
redline248
AG
Or just patches and play pirate warrior. Beat those druids down before they roll out the golems.

*full disclosure, I hate that pirate deck

Phone is causing posting issues tonight :|
Predmid
AG
Haven't lost to pirate warrior in a while with my current druid build.
Richierich2323
I started playing a few months ago. I am having fun but trying to get above level 18. Still working out strategies and card formations. Still missing a ton of cards as well although I have bought all of the expansions and have those cards.

My favorite thing to do right now is to use Brann Bronzebeard and Kazakus together, then pull him back (Brewmaster) and use him again that will end up giving me 3 potions. I also use Brewmaster with Reno as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.