Hearthstone Nerds

129,190 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brawl this week is pretty weird.
Predmid
AG
It's an auto win, so great for quests
3rdGen2015
AG
So Kripp did something like 1.6 BILLION damage in the brawl this week. See below for links from the VOD.

Deck Building

Brawl Start

Here Comes the Cho

Money Shot
agmrpink
AG
quote:
It's an auto win, so great for quests
That means passpasspass for 100g/day for wins + quest rewards!

EDIT: Just tested my theory, and it's a no-go on the wins counting toward the daily gold cap. Sorry amigos.
Line Ate Member
AG
Quest rewards are going to be a breeze though! I finished all of my victory quests really fast haha
Predmid
AG
good time to rr quests for the 5 win ones for extra gold.
redline248
AG
quote:
So Kripp did something like 1.6 BILLION damage in the brawl this week. See below for links from the VOD.

Holy crap. I thought I was something...

redline248
AG
New legendary:

>>
Ganondorf
AG
TKEAg04
AG
That was awesome!
redline248
AG
GOLDEN!!!...common
Predmid
AG
Line Ate Member
AG
The hardest of the new bosses I thought was the stupid plate golem. I finally got him with a c'thun warrior deck. I can see some fun combos already. Protect the king + bolster is going to be a zoo deck's worst nightmare. It is going to be fun to see how these new cards impact current decks.
redline248
AG
I used one of the hunter recipe decks to beat the first 2 bosses. Unleash the hounds is strong against that plate summoning guy.

Unrelated to the adventure, I think this is one of my favorite Trump videos
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Beat the plate guy easily enough with a tempo Mage. Lots of board clear for low-health minions. Beat the mirror with a C'Thun Druid.
Predmid
AG
Swipe & raven idol into swipe cleans plate's clock.
Line Ate Member
AG
I beat the mirror guy with a Mage deck. Once I found out my minims double as well, I had 4 sorcerer's apprentices on the board at once. That was fun
3rdGen2015
AG
The chess boss was lots of fun. I hope we get a tavern brawl with that soon.
TKEAg04
AG
Chess was a great concept! Actually made you think a bit!
Ganondorf
AG
I liked all 4 of the bosses so far. As mentioned the chess one is well done and I enjoyed it a lot.
Predmid
AG
finally opened another legendary!

wooooooo.

Edwin
Line Ate Member
AG
I had the opposite reaction to mine...I got the beast tonight. I shouldn't complain since it was golden, but at least I get to dust my regular beast.
Pman17
AG
I had the Twisted Worgen that has stealth with my Mage. So I built them up with my +1 +1 deathrattle cards playing the Mirror.
TJJackson
leakypipes#11362

Just started this game and I think I'm way over my head. Definitely need to do some reading.
Line Ate Member
AG
Leaky...from one newer member to another. Use your coins on classic packs. I wish I would have done that earlier in my deck building days.

Others may give you better advice. So if they do, I will follow it as well!!!
TJJackson
I've only been getting the classic packs, but I think it'll be a slow climb due to not wanting to shell out money to get them.

It is fun and surprisingly addictive.
Predmid
AG
I just started a few months ago. The league of explorers is worth it, especially the legends. They can plug and play in a lot of decks.

A budget zoo warlock deck can be competative day one with minimal dust.

Line Ate Member
AG
I haven't spent any money on packs, but have purchased a few of the adventures. The League of Explorers is a fun expansion and there are some quality legendary cards (Reno, Bran, and Sir Finley). Hopefully you will have gotten lucky with some of your Old Gods packs to help with your zoo deck.

Has anyone tried some of the new battlecry cards from the new adventure yet? I thought they may be a little too expensive, but curious what others think.

Edit: the battlecry in a zoolock deck
redline248
AG
I've used them all except 1 mana, gain health on a spell. The one that summons a taunt is pretty good, and Moroes is cool too, especially in paladin where you have multiple ways to give him more health or divine shield.

I've used the spider in both druid and hunter.
TJJackson
Without going back and reading through, do you guys have any advice for someone just starting out?

Should I try to level up every class to a certain level?
Predmid
AG
The shaman portal spell is wonderful anti zoo tech.
Predmid
AG
quote:
Without going back and reading through, do you guys have any advice for someone just starting out?

Should I try to level up every class to a certain level?

Absolutely level them you the point of unlocking all the basic cards.
redline248
AG
Agree with predmid. It's helpful to have all the basic cards unlocked. Also, beat the inn keeper with every class for some free gold. You can also search YouTube for some hearthstone basic strategies from some of the pro streamers.
3rdGen2015
AG
Go watch Trump's teachings on YouTube to get a feel for how to play the game. After that, practice these skills on the Innkeeper while unlocking all of the basic cards for each class. From there, go check Sheng's Basic deck lists to be able to build semi-competitive decks. You should be able to find them off of Google, let me know if you can't though, I'm on mobile otherwise I'd just link it now. After that, work on learning the different cards in the game and learning how and when to play around certain cards. Watching streamers is a great way to do that, my favorites are Kibler, Amaz, Kripparian, and Trump.
3rdGen2015
AG
Also, I beat the first four bosses on heroic in the new adventure tonight. The chess one was more of a challenge because you couldn't just outlast the boss. I used a Mill Rogue for the Magic Mirror, a weird Patron Mage with Baron Geddon to beat the plates, and basically had to get lucky with the legendary portals on the prologue boss.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.