Hearthstone Nerds

132,606 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
3rd and 2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tempo Mage always pwns my control decks. What pwns tempo mage?
redline248
AG
I resorted to tempo mage of my own. Probably reno lock, or some kind of druid, though.
bevokilla
AG
Last day to dust the nerfed cards for full dust. Even if you are on the fence about it, dust them now as you can always recraft them for the same cost.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/20743544292
agmrpink
AG
Pulled a Force of Nature in today's pack. Easiest 400 dust of my life!
redline248
AG
Turns out shaman is a pretty good answer to tempo mage
Forum Troll
AG
So I went a a 7 or 8 game win streak to get to 16 over the weekend. Then promptly went on an epic 10 game losing streak. Literally everything that could go right for the other player regarding draws and timing did go right and vice versa for me. It was awful. Had so many people down to either 1 hp or needed 1 turn to kill them off. Tempo shaman btw.
Forum Troll
AG
Just got a Y'shaarj out of a pack from 100g. Totally stoked. My last 15ish games have been horrible and this more than makes up for it.
redline248
AG
Congrats. If you have the Harbinger (I forget the actual name), you can try to build a nice deck of big cards. Harbinger can (if it survives) pull a 10 cost card into your hand (yshaarj). Then yshaarj does the rest.
Predmid
AG
Six wins on my first arena run. Woo.
bevokilla
AG
I still love Astral Druid for fun games but I got wrecked last night for like 5 games in a row with it
Forum Troll
AG
quote:
Congrats. If you have the Harbinger (I forget the actual name), you can try to build a nice deck of big cards. Harbinger can (if it survives) pull a 10 cost card into your hand (yshaarj). Then yshaarj does the rest.

I have one, have some dust to build another. Honestly I want to try another big card deck with cthun that isn't a freaking priest.
redline248
AG
C'thun druid is strong
3rd and 2
AG
Can you add mine? Oronis #1135
redline248
AG
Man, yogg is the worst card. Every time I see it, it kills the person that played it
Forum Troll
AG
So I made a C'Thun Druid deck. Put Y'Shaarj, C'Thun. Ancient Harbinger in it along with a bunch of C'Thun minions including some of the taunters from the druid cards. Finished a game where I got C'Thun out on turn 7 to finish off a shaman.

Its a more fun deck than C'Thun priest.
redline248
AG
This week's brawl is pretty interesting. You build a deck with only 2 cards, and the game fills in the other 28 with copies.

What I've seen so far:
Shaman with Whirling Zapomatic and rockbiter weapon. Hit me for 18 in one turn
Mage with frostbolt and ice lance. Also rocked me hard
Mage with mana wyrm and arcane missiles. that's what I used to win

I tried doing priest with smite + curator, but it was too slow
Predmid
AG
Iceblock+fireball.
EastSideAg2002
quote:
This week's brawl is pretty interesting. You build a deck with only 2 cards, and the game fills in the other 28 with copies.

What I've seen so far:
Shaman with Whirling Zapomatic and rockbiter weapon. Hit me for 18 in one turn
Mage with frostbolt and ice lance. Also rocked me hard
Mage with mana wyrm and arcane missiles. that's what I used to win

I tried doing priest with smite + curator, but it was too slow
I got creamed by shaman tunnel trogg + lightning bolt
Then druid with Innervate + Rag who managed to get Rag out on turn 1 =(
I did curator with flash heal. It beat flamewalker + arcane missles
3rd and 2
AG
I'm digging druid with naturalize and 2 card draw murloc guy.
Forum Troll
AG
I played mage with Arcane Missiles and Mana Wyrm. Won on turn 5 against a rogue.
Forum Troll
AG
I wonder how shaman would do with rockbiter and Doomhammer.
Forum Troll
AG
Zomg druid with innervate and Y'Shaarj. Wtf.
Forum Troll
AG
Knife juggler and Murloc tidehunter.
benMath08
AG
I think it's impossible to lose with mechwarper + metaltooth leaper. On turn 3 (turn 2 if coin) you have 6 minions out, half of which have 8 or 6 attack. The only set I've lost to is the mirror match, with the person getting coin guaranteed the win.
agmrpink
AG
Mechwarper + Gorillabot also is stupid easy. I love/hate how face-rolley it is.
agmrpink
AG
quote:
I'm digging druid with naturalize and 2 card draw murloc guy.
I got laughably wrecked by innervate + card draw guy.

***Correction: I got steamrolled to start the match, then the mech legion kicked in and saved the day.

And from my above experience, gave Innervate + Alexstrasza a shot. Turn 1, 4x Innervate and Alex, Turn 3 victory.
Cloud
quote:
I think it's impossible to lose with mechwarper + metaltooth leaper. On turn 3 (turn 2 if coin) you have 6 minions out, half of which have 8 or 6 attack. The only set I've lost to is the mirror match, with the person getting coin guaranteed the win.

Loses to innervate + mana wraith and loses to ice block + fireball.
benMath08
AG
quote:
quote:

Loses to innervate + mana wraith and loses to ice block + fireball.
I've never lost to an ice block deck of any kind, including fireball. They can't draw the ice blocks reliably enough and eventually dont have any left. Keep in mind I'm popping the blocks from turn 3.

Never played innervate+mana wraith, that would be interesting but I don't think you could get enough of them out in time.

I did just play against wild pyro + equality which does seem to be a hard counter.
Gangnam Style
AG
Mechwarper + Metaltooth leaper. Most of my wins are turn 3.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Mechwarper + Metaltooth leaper. Most of my wins are turn 3.

I just rolled with a mechwarper + iron samurai combo for a similarly quick win
Really???
Bilefin + evolve is great fun

You can fill a board with legendary minions quickly
Ganondorf
AG
I think the problem with this brawl is that some combos, mechwarper leaper, are so much more powerful that you don't see variation.

The brawl should have been I've 1-4 cost card, 1 5+ cost card.

I mowed through people with mechwarper after getting owned by it over and over myself.

You could be like this one guy on Reddit who used forbidden healing and the card that changes minion attack to 1. Always going to be fatigue games or concede.
benMath08
AG
I do retract my statement about the ice block / frost nova mages. Played a lot more of them this morning and while I haven't done the math, I do think they have a favorable matchup against mechwarper/metaltooth, assuming they hard mulligan for ice block or frost nova. It's actually the most boring matchup I've ever had in any playstyle, since there's no decision making whatsoever from either player. Mechwarper unloads everything on turn 3 (or with coin turn 2), mage plays ice block / frost nova every turn along with whatever damage they have mana for. Either they kill the mechwarper before they run out of ice block / frost nova in hand, or they don't.
Predmid
AG
Invennerate/Chillmaw for a good anti-mech tech.
EastSideAg2002
I have been pretty successful with frost nova + mana wyrm

naturalize + coldlight oracle killed me
I also go obliterated by annoy-atron + bolster

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.