Hearthstone Nerds

136,235 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redline248
Ganondorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New twitch prime card backs and event for some streamers:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/3324-twitch-prime-card-backs-available-starting

Twitch Prime Card Backs Available Starting September 11 - Oktoberbrawl!
The card backs datamined in Patch 9.0 have been confirmed to be loot from Twitch Prime and will be available starting next Monday. What's the occasion? Oktoberbrawl!
  • Oktoberbrawl is a special event featuring 6 pro players split up into 2 teams.
  • Each pro creates a fresh Hearthstone account to use during the event period.
  • Twitch Prime members can redeem two new card backs for their account which each belong to one of the teams.
  • Support a team by equipping one of the two card backs.
  • Each time you win a ranked game with that card back equipped, you help your team get a chance to open more card packs for the week.
  • These card packs are for the pros playing, not you. The only freebies for us normies during this event are the card backs.
  • The pros are not allowed to purchase anything in-game for real money.
The two teams and their members are:
  • Team Void: Dog, Thijs, and J4CKIECHAN
  • Team Light: Kripparrian, Reynad, and Alliestrasza
redline248
AG
New month, new meta. How's everyone enjoying Anduinstone?
Brenner
AG
Just crafted Benedictus because I enjoy fun.

I can't complain about this meta. Priest has always been my favorite, and highlander/Amara priest is insanely fun for me. Unfortunate that it's getting so much hate. It seems like nobody has any memory of the state of the game more than 2 expansions ago.. it's a cycle of complaining on reddit. Every class has seen ups and downs.
redline248
AG
No kidding, I just was looking at a thread on Reddit where people are complaining about Prince Keleseth now. I don't know what players expect out of hearthstone. Where all decks are exactly 50% and no one reaches legend?
redline248
AG
New expansion announced: Kobolds and Catacombs. Some things of interest.

New single player mode called Dungeon runs. Pick a class and try to defeat 8 random bosses. Complete it with all 9 classes and get a card back.

Every class is getting a legendary weapon

New card type with "recruit" keyword. Summons a minion from deck

Everyone gets a free Marin the Fox (golden if you attended or bought virtual ticket to Blizzcon).

redline248
AG
Here's what is out so far
http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/3469-the-kobolds-and-catacombs-information-and-card
redline248
AG
redline248
AG
Kobolds coming out today, right?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Yup. 2 pm Central is the listed time it goes live, but I think they've gone live early before.
Thanks and gig'em
redline248
AG
Live now
Rule Number 32
AG
I need to go to Vegas or something.

Opened 60 packs with the hold I had saved up. Got 7 legendaries and 10 epics.

Last expansion I opened 90 packs and got 3 legendaries and 7 or 8 epics
DE4D
AG
Willing to trade:

Coaching in any of my fields of expertise for coaching to Legend

Unable to connect durrently but I will leave my HS tag later
3rd and 2
AG
A few of us on here have hit legend before.

My Battletag ID is Oronis #1135.

I've only spent the time to hit legend once. It's a real slog and will take a tremendous amount of games, so make sure you have lot of time to play. I did it with Goyan Shaman a year or so ago.

Here's some tips:

1. Track your wins/losses. This will tell you which decks are good against the meta.
2. Pick 3 or 4 different decks to push to level 5 with. The season I got legend, I picked 3 tier 1 decks and the tier 2 deck Goyan Shaman.
3. The meta will ebb and flow, try and keep track of it. There's a few websites out there that track it. Vicious Syndicate and Tempo Storm are the two websites I use. The season I got legend, pirate warrior basically took over the meta and Goyan Shaman destroyed pirate shaman, so that's what I used.
4. On the way to rank 5, you can play fast and w/o thinking. Once you hit rank 5, take your time in games and think through every possible move before playing your card. You have to anticipate what your opponent will do.
5. I paid for a professional a few months ahead of getting legendary, if you have the extra cash I'd say do it. You only need a few games to learn their thought process. The guy that I used showed me that he thought through every move and thought 2 or 3 turns ahead. I guess you need to see it in action to really get the hang of it.

Line Ate Member
AG
Dragon Priest is awesome. That is all
redline248
AG
I haven't even bothered to find out what is really good, yet.
3rd and 2
AG
Is there a way to keep Hearthstone working on the iPhone as I jump around to different programs? It used to be I could jump around to my mail then come back to the program, but now it wants to restart every time I jump back in.
Ganondorf
AG
Not sure, it does that on android as well. Pretty annoying at times.
DE4D
AG
You have to be super quick on any mobile device. Ob iphone try double tapping home button as you would tonforce quit when switching between email and HS.

DE4D 11363

Last month i hit 10 only playing on my phone. Addmittedly i spend a lot of time theory crafting because i like the idea or originality. I pushed from 15 to 10 with less than 5 losses strictly playing aggeo paladin. Very strong against most decks but has a hard time if you cant close out warlocks by turn 5.

Currently my permanent decks include
Keleseth Spiteful Priest (dragon variant)
Aggro Paladin
Spell Hunter

I am tweaking

Aggro druid (previous favorite)
Nu Pirate warrior
Something rogueish

I am always down to play challanges, theory craft, watch/

See you at the hearth!
“Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.”
Brenner
AG
I played against a rogue the other day that had Sonya and Zola and a bunch of other bounce cards. It seemed like a blast to play and allowed for some pretty interesting turns. Made me start considering crafting Sonya
DE4D
AG
I run zola with most decks. Fun for spiteful as well as keleseth in non rogue decks.
“Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.”
southtexasag
AG
DE4D
AG
### Custom Rogue3
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 1x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 1x (3) Dragonslayer
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Eater of Secrets
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 1x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 2x (4) Spellbreaker
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 1x (7) Bonemare
# 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
#
AAECAYO6AgyyAq8E+AeIrwKRvALTxQKbywKmzgLe0wLP4QKc4gLD6gIJtAHtAtQF8gXdCJK2AoHCAvvTAtvjAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
redline248
AG
Bump.

What is everyone playing right now? Just dipped into Kingsbane mill rogue for the first time tonight.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Murloc Paladin was working well for me last week, but luck is running out this week.
Thanks and gig'em
srob2004
AG
Done a lot of great climbing with Big Priest and a little with Rinlock (NZoth, Rin, no cubes)
Also a little luck with OTK Paladin.

I absolutely hate some of the mindless aggro going on right now....
Dude-a-dins
Murloc Paladins
Secret Mages (hate this one the most)

Currently sitting at rank 5.
redline248
AG
Everyone always hates aggro decks. You have all these cool cards that cost 5 or more, and fun legendary cards...but you never get to use them bc you're dead by turn 5.
Line Ate Member
AG
Cubelock is insane. That is all.
redline248
AG
Is it top deck right now?
Line Ate Member
AG
It is one of the top for sure. It is just so dang versatile in what you can do with it. A rogue almost killed me by milling my deck. I cubed a mistress to get some health and pulled a void lord out with my weapon.

After that, I just bounced between getting health from my mistresses and summoning more voidlords out until the rogue conceded. It is a stupid strong deck right now.

I have also enjoyed my spiteful dragon deck. I know I am playing a few of the flavors of the month, but I am just getting back into it after taking a few months off.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Im closing in on my golden Warlock and Priest. Whats everyone else's golden hero count?

Paladin - 776
Warrior - 763
Shaman - 698
Druid - 540
Priest - 478
Warlock - 455
Mage - 218
Hunter - 165
Rogue - 147

I play this game too much.
redline248
AG
Paladin - 667
Mage - 656
Warlock - 649
Priest - 538
Rogue - 414
Hunter - 391
Shaman - 308
Warrior - 294
Druid - 212
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Man how is Druid your least played? I think I played 400 games in a month before intervate and spreading plague were nerfed. Only Druid decks were competitive at that time. You must really reject meta decks!

I think it's really interesting how different people prefer different classes. Control Paly is my favorite. I try to make it work every season.
redline248
AG
When I started playing, before standard, Force Roar druid was the thing. I didn't have the pieces for it, and hated losing to it sooooo much. It was 10x worse than pirate warrior. That's probably why.

Half of those ranked wins are probably when jades hit the scene. I also never crafted the pieces for aggro druid with living mana. Druid just has never been my thing.
redline248
AG
New expansion announced: The Witchwood

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21591737

Interesting new cards:

Line Ate Member
AG
Hagatha seemed like a hero card at the end of the video. Maybe introducing another round of hero cards?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.