Hearthstone Nerds

127,112 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
Cloud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone play? I saw the old thread, but wanted to get a new one going for a list of active players.

I've been actively playing for a few months. I'm not that great, but love the game.

I will update this thread with battle tags.

Zbran#1249
Josepi#1241
phspman#1413
OrangeMonkey#1543
Agmrpink#1601
gigthem08#1350
redline248#1537
ThorfinnSk#1572
TxAggie2010#1850
Johnfloyd#1986
west#1708
captdyck#1123
danho2010#1150
trainRiderJ#1509
Wheels#1460
danho2010#1150
Vade281#1986
Krys#1792
Gankuskahn#1320
BallzTheCat#1567
Jrod#1492
Predmid#1432
Civen
AG
Don't lie... did you only make this thread because you have the "watch a friend win a game" quest?
Josepi
AG
I've been playing for about a year now on and off. Typically only play 4-5 matches a week, but it's fun.

I think my game name is Josepi #1241

(edited to add the # tag)
Cloud
quote:
Don't lie... did you only make this thread because you have the "watch a friend win a game" quest?

Ha, I actually don't have that quest at the moment.
Ganondorf
AG
I'm not sure what my battle tag is but I'll add it later.

I've managed to get to rank 10 the last 3 seasons but can't make the jump higher than that. I don't have the cards for the strong decks like Renolock, control warrior, dragon priest, freeze mage, secret paladin.

I play midrange/face hunter, mech/tempo mage, and patron warrior.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
quote:

Ha, I actually don't have that quest at the moment.

I added people from /r/hearthstone to spectate along with 1 of my friends that plays. One guy I added is a legend player. Watching his matches with the cards he has and the decks he plays against I know I'm a long way away from that.
bevokilla
AG
I played for a while but the cost to be competitive pushed me away after a few months.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I typically play a game or two while taking the bus to work in the morning or while on the bike in the gym.

Tag: Johnfloyd#1986
Cloud
There's a 4 digit number on the tail end of each tag required for adding people.
Hagen95
AG
I was playing the other day in solo mode and wondered why some random friend watched. He had the watch a friend quest.
Predmid
AG
I watched a few streamers on twitch and the higher eschelon players play a completely different game it seems.
Ganondorf
AG
OrangeMonkey#1543
Pman17
AG
phspman#1413
agmrpink
AG
Throw me into the mix:

agmrpink#1601
gig them
AG
gigthem08#1350

I love this game so much, but I feel like I've hit my ceiling as a FTP'er (lvl 4-5). Still fun as hell though.
redline248
AG
redline248#1537
Ganondorf
AG
Each time someone from here spectated me I lost. Going to have to cut you all.
redline248
AG
Lolol, loser
Really???
What a bunch of nerds. Bet most of you have never even kissed a girl.

I'm ThorfinnSk#1572 and really need to spectate a win.
Tastybrisket10
AG
TxAggie2010 #1850
Brenner
AG
Love the game, I haven't gotten higher than level 15. I try not to suck at the game but it's not working.

West#1708
srob2004
AG
play quite a bit on and off during the week.

Huge fan of AnyFin Pally and Mill Rogue... although most of my ladder winning is with Aggro Shaman, Secret-din, and Tempo Mage... those just are not as much fun!

captdyck#1123
Cloud
I hate facing mill rogue.
Really???
I just got the win 5 tavern brawls quest and I HATE this one. It seems like half the decks I face put out Alexstraza on the first turn.
Cloud
I've actually never gotten that quest. Reward better be a pack, yes?

I'd probably still mulligan it
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
I just got the win 5 tavern brawls quest and I HATE this one. It seems like half the decks I face put out Alexstraza on the first turn.

Exchange it. This brawl was designed for decks with tons of legendaries. Alexstrazza turn 1 is terrible.
redline248
AG
Seems like every match in ranked play is hunter, mage, paladin. I keep topping out around 12. I just don't have the cards to make those pimped out decks.
Cloud
Dragon priests have been hurting my feelings recently.
G Martin 87
AG
My favorite card:

SF2004
AG
quote:
Seems like every match in ranked play is hunter, mage, paladin. I keep topping out around 12. I just don't have the cards to make those pimped out decks.

So buy some? Or buy the expansions?

I'll never understand people's cheapness when it comes to f2p games. Unless you we really good at arena you will need to invest some money. It's a card game.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
quote:

I'll never understand people's cheapness when it comes to f2p games. Unless you we really good at arena you will need to invest some money. It's a card game.

You can't buy individual cards. If you buy all the expansions that's $60 (+ tax). At that point you aren't FTP anymore.

Buying a lot of packs doesn't guarantee the cards for the top decks anyway. I watched some TGT 40 pack videos and they pulled 0 legendaries. Even if you do get a legendary it ends up being Millhouse. Most packs you open are 4 commons you already have and 1 rare that's crap.

Edit: You can dust to get specific cards but if your packs are 4 commons and a rare it'll take a dozen or more packs for 1 legendary.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I don't care that much

I have the expansion cards, but I'm not spending 60 bucks to open a bunch of packs hoping to get 1 or 2 of the best legendary cards.
SF2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I don't care that much

I have the expansion cards, but I'm not spending 60 bucks to open a bunch of packs hoping to get 1 or 2 of the best legendary cards.

If you have to expansions all you need is probably Doctor boom to make a deck and climb the ladder.

The skill factor is high up top, it's not near as much luck and cards as some would believe.
Cloud
Dr boom should definitely be first crafted legendary.
Really???
quote:
I've actually never gotten that quest. Reward better be a pack, yes?

I'd probably still mulligan it
No, but it's 60 gold. I may just hold it until next week, the brawls are typically pretty easy for me. (The crates at Xmas were my fav so far.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.