Hearthstone Nerds

132,609 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
there are obvious cards that are better than others, and it's a challenge to build a deck that will let have a good curve. Then, you can never prepare for your opponent getting Kelthuzad while you have no removal.
redline248
AG
Just bought the welcome bundle...and in typical hearthstone fashion, my legendary was Antonidas, which I just opened a week ago.
redline248
AG
In my ten packs:
12 rare
2 epic
1 golden rare
1 golden epic

not too bad
Cloud
One trick to arena is to draft plenty of good 2 and 4 drops. A good start is essential
agmrpink
AG
Al'Akir for me. Cool, I guess, since I didn't have him already.

Common and rare dust to round out the rest, so pretty run of the mill for me.
Line Ate Member
AG
I got another Grommash. Whelp only 300 more dust til my next legendary!
Brenner
AG
I got Edwin, then on the 3rd pack I pulled Jaraxxus (#18 on the pity timer). I didn't have either of those so that was nice. No golden cards at all, 4 epics
Ganondorf
AG
12 rare, 3 epics I had 1 of, 2 golden commons.

King Krush as the legendary. Good pull since I didn't have him.
Cloud
Got king krush as legendary and pulled hogger from packs was hoping for Edwin or jaraxxus. So lame.
redline248
AG
Is jaraxxus in any decks besides reno lock?
Gangnam Style
AG
quote:
quote:
Not me, but I'll try and answer any questions
Lol, not me either. I am lucky to go 4-3.

It has to be something I am doing during my drafts or I just need to own that I suck at Arena and stick to constructed.

Haven't played arena in quite a while, but I used to average ~5.5 wins/run.

There are many great tools/websites available to help you draft nowadays. I'd recommend HearthArena http://www.heartharena.com/. Before the arena changes, mage & rogue dominated. It's all about drafting and playing cards on curve.
Rule Number 32
AG
Got pretty lucky for the most part with my welcome packs. I am missing almost all of the legendaries from the classic set since I started playing around the time of the first expansion, so I never got around to buying a lot of those packs.

I got Jaraxxus, which kinda sucks since he was one of around 2-3 original legendaries, but oh well. 400 dust there.

In my 10 packs I got golden sylvannas (didn't have) and hogger (didn't have). Also got about 5-6 epics, but I had several of them already x 2. Got a few golden rares, and a bunch of common.

Overall I am glad I paid the 5 bucks.

Just FYI, if you open a pack that has 2 of the same legendary in it, DO NOT DISENCHANT THE 2ND LEGENDARY! There is currently a bug and sometimes it shows 2 of the same one, and when you DE it, the next time you log in, you wont have either of them anymore. It was supposed to only give you one. I've read this is happening to a lot of people.
3rdGen2015
AG
I got Velen, which I didn't have. Didn't get anything super awesome from the actual packs, but I got enough dust to be able to craft another legendary. I don't know what I want to craft though, so I'm just going to hold off for a while. I'm really considering Yogg just for the shiggles, but I'm not sure I want to do that just yet.
redline248
AG
I currently don't know what legendary I want to craft either. Probably Leroy or Grommash.
Line Ate Member
AG
I think I am going to craft n'zoth next. I am 150 dust away. I have grom, Velen, rag, and Sylvanas. I have some heavy death rattle decks that having him in it will be nice.

I am also opening classic deck after classic hoping for Tyrion. If I don't get that one, it will probably be my next craft after n'zoth
SF2004
AG
Prophet Velen... What trash.

Then opened a Lorewalker Cho... more trash
Line Ate Member
AG
I just won a fatigue match against a priest as a rogue. All of those class cards through undercity and swash pirate make things interesting.
redline248
AG
quote:
I just won a fatigue match against a priest as a rogue. All of those class cards through undercity and swash pirate make things interesting.

I've been playing that rogue deck. It's fun when the stolen cards are confessor paletress, prophet velen, and entomb. Dropping Velen and eviscerating for 8 is pretty sweet.
Predmid
AG
Opened gromash #2 and a hogger and a third that I dont remember.

Dusted and crafted a rag.
Post removed:
by user
EastSideAg2002
nerfs

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20303031/upcoming-balance-changes-update-613-9-28-2016
Brenner
AG
All of those are pretty good, but I'm disappointed in the Yogg nerf. He always dies or entombs himself.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
nerfs

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20303031/upcoming-balance-changes-update-613-9-28-2016
For those who can't see this because of work blocks:

• Rockbiter Weapon changed from 1 mana to 2 mana
  • Tuskarr Totemic battlecry changed to "Summon a random basic totem" rather than ANY totem.
  • Call of the Wild changed from 8 mana to 9 mana
  • Execute changed from 1 mana to 2 mana
  • Charge changed to 1 mana, now reads "Give a friendly minion charge. It can't attack heroes this turn."
  • Abusive Sergeant changed from 2 attack to 1 attack
  • Yogg now stops casting spells when it is destroyed, silenced, transformed, or returned to the owner's hand
redline248
AG
So long, One Turn Kill warrior, you bullsh-t deck
Predmid
AG
praise jebus.
Line Ate Member
AG
I am pretty bummed about the Yogg nerf. Glad I picked up Noth instead
Predmid
AG
F yogg.
Line Ate Member
AG
I should be happy about the Yogg nerf. I have seen that card dropped about 15 times and it had destroyed me about 13 times, benefitted me once and neutralized the board the other time.
Line Ate Member
AG
Who is everyone voting for in the Blizzcon tournament? I don't know any of these people
Cloud
Amnesiasc. Kid is insane.
3rdGen2015
AG
I picked Thjis. He consistently battles for #1 legend and he's a streamer. Likely going to be a popular pick.
3rd and 2
AG
Thjis
Cloud
Just got 12 wins in arena for the first time!

redline248
AG
Awesome. I had 5 earlier. That's the best I've done in a while.

That's a lot of gold.
Brenner
AG
I picked Cydonia and he went 4-0 in his first match. Let's go, you Canadian sumbeech!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.