Hearthstone Nerds

136,238 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redline248
Ganondorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I use Hearthstone Deck Tracker and I'm not ashamed of it. I'll never be a tournament player so there's a lot of stuff I don't care to do like actually counting card plays for a 25 minute match.
redline248
AG
Pretty sure the lead developer has said deck tracker was fine and blizz has no issues with people using it.
Cloud
I use HDT. Blizz has said that they're cool with it.

Also, I'm admittedly an Amaz fanboy.
Vade281
AG
I use HDT and Hearth Arena. Love it
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
I wish there were addons for the iPad.
Krys
AG
Well I finally got to play dragon priest a decent amount today. I managed to climb from 18 to 14 this afternoon going 13-5 with this deck

Dragon Priest

-1x Cabal
+1 Entomb

I'm really loving the control meta right now. I'm interested to see how aggro decks adjust.
redline248
AG
My dragon deck is slightly different than that, and I had pretty good success today, until a zoo kicked my aas a few mins ago. I need to tinker with my deck a bit to improve it.
redline248
AG
Look at this shtty pack I opened earlier:

Predmid
AG
woo. 25 dust.
redline248
AG
So, experimental phase in full effect. Been trying out this Y'shaarj deck I made. Started out with 2 Blood of the Ancient One, but that's never going to happen. Latest version is with desert camels, but I don't know if I like that either, since most of the 1 drops suck, and I don't want to craft the Injured Kvaldir.

The Ancient Harbinger will pull a 10 cost card into your hand IF it survives to your next turn, which isn't likely. Early results are 38% win rate in 18-19 ranks.

Ganondorf
AG
Krys
TKEAg04
AG
That comic is so true. I broke down last night and finally made an aggro zoo deck. There just isn't anything fun in it though - LOLZ FACE IS THE PLACE!!1
Cloud
If you play zoo and only go face you're doing it wrong. Much more to it than that. Minion placement is extremely important as well.
Cloud
And shaman's 4 mana 7/7 is such cancer.
Forum Troll
AG
quote:
And shaman's 4 mana 7/7 is such cancer.
It's especially effective when you play the card that unlocks your overloaded crystals (2 mana epic minion, can't remember the name). People will adapt though. There are many removal cards that will be added back into decks (hex, sheep, assassinate, execute, etc...). You can make a shaman pay dearly for playing overload cards.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
I've got the golden version of that 7/7 shaman card.
Predmid
AG
Won a game on turn 6 against a priest who played a bunch of small things that I got ridiculous RNJesus every turn from knife juggler to prevent him from killing anything.

Also lost about two or three games last night where I got them down to 1 health and had to pass sitting on a basically empty board and no cards in hand.

Frustrating.
redline248
AG
Which class were you?
Predmid
AG
Hunter.

It was like turn 1 fiery bat, turn 2 knife juggler, coin timberwolf kill their novice engineer (I think?), turn 3 animal companion for huffer -> KJ proc on another 1 power guy, turn 4 hound master, turn 5 starving buzzard, turn six another timber wolf, hound master, swing lethal.

He did get a couple things with removal spells, but it was just chugging along going face.
redline248
AG
How did they have 1 health for multiple turns if you were a hunter? Hero power
Predmid
AG
There weren't multiple turns. There were a couple separate games where I unleashed everything I had and could only get them down to 1 health and then was dead on the crackback.
redline248
AG
Sorry for misunderstanding. When you said pass, I thought you meant you did nothing.
Predmid
AG
I feel so helpless trying to play control. It feels foreign to not be able to cast spells during opponents turns in response to actions. Oh well.
bevokilla
AG
The most fun I have had is playing Astral Druid. The games are awful if you don't draw in to it early but when you get it, the feeling of dropping 10 mana minions turn after turn is so awesome
TKEAg04
AG
I feel so dirty... Been playing nothing but zoo but absolutely wrecking face. Might go back to control once the meta shifts.
bevokilla
AG
redline248
AG
That was pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure I would have panicked at the first Ragnaros, ha
TKEAg04
AG
He had some great luck on draws also.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
quote:
Whenever the new season starts each month, what is your approach? Do you go with your most successful/favorite deck and try to ladder, or do you experiment?

I usually like to experiment for a while before doing serious ladder play.
Agreed. I've not been concerned with ladder climbing and just trying out a bunch of stuff. I'm having a blast with a Reno/Elsie/Malkorok/C'Thun Warrior deck that I stole from Amaz. I'm not setting the world on fire, but I'm winning more than I'm losing and when i win it's in grand fashion.
Brenner
AG
I just opened Shifter Zerus. Anyone use this with any success?
redline248
AG
I was just watching a streamer use it in a reno warlock deck. It's more of a fun, see what you get card. It seems to turn into things you'll want to play, but not have the mana for. Could win some games, but I can't see a way it loses a game unless you draw it when hoping for a specific top deck.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I got tired of losing to face hunters all the damn time so I made a face hunter deck this morning. I won, but I felt dirty.

Blizzard needs to do something to nerf that deck. It takes the fun out of the game.
3rd and 2
AG
Play C'thun Druid of N'zoth Pally with lots of control if you want to pwn aggro decks. Try NumberSept's N'Zoth Pally.
redline248
AG
I love owning face hunters with control decks. However, I was having no such luck stopping tempo mage today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.