Hearthstone Nerds

132,600 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
Ganondorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
If you've ever played WoW before, which I have, and use the same Battle.net account for hearthstone...I don't think you can do free on that account.

You can.

Perhaps I'll look into this.
Krys
AG
Yeah I never play that tavern brawl quest, way too frustrating.
redline248
AG
Thanks for the correction. Just looked and found how to get the free account going.
Line Ate Member
AG
Yeah I played tavern brawl until I got my first win this week. I am not going back in there.

I had my first epic win of ever today. I was a warrior fighting a priest. I was able to do damage, but my crappy classic deck just couldn't string enough cards together to knock him out. I had just lost my last minion, had 5 health remaining and was facing a twilight drake and a north sire cleric. All I had was a whirlwind in my hand. My next and last draw...Grom. That poor person had to have been pisssed as I whirlwinded Grom for the win.

Too bad for me I lost the next 10 matches in a row it seemed.
redline248
AG
The losing streaks are really frustrating
Ganondorf
AG
Win 3 then lose the next 5. That's my usual day.
redline248
AG
So, here's a thing that just happened. Turn 1 my druid opponent plays raven idol. Then coins and plays a 2nd raven idol. Then inervates twice and plays astral communion, which he drew from raven idol. His turn 2 he plays Dr Boom, turn 3 Cenarius, turn 4 Alexstraza.

Check the mana
agmrpink
AG
quote:
So, here's a thing that just happened. Turn 1 my druid opponent plays raven idol. Then coins and plays a 2nd raven idol. Then inervates twice and plays astral communion, which he drew from raven idol. His turn 2 he plays Dr Boom, turn 3 Cenarius, turn 4 Alexstraza.

Check the mana

Did you come back and win!?
redline248
AG
No. I couldn't deal with Alexstraza.
Forum Troll
AG
This game is fun but very difficult for new or returning players. It's very frustrating with so few cards outside of the basic cards when you go up against people with epic after epic after epic. Once I hit rank 20 I ran into a wall of people with large amounts of epics and rares and legendaries.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
This game is fun but very difficult for new or returning players. It's very frustrating with so few cards outside of the basic cards when you go up against people with epic after epic after epic. Once I hit rank 20 I ran into a wall of people with large amounts of epics and rares and legendaries.

It's not going to help you now with standard coming but my first actual good deck was mech mage. Cheap and easy to build with gvg packs. Got me to 12 until I could build a reliable tempo mage.

Hearthpwn has cheap decks that you could try out.
Post removed:
by user
TKEAg04
AG
It's taken me over 2 years to amass the amount and quality I have. I would say to create 1 deck and stick with it. Learn the intricacies of your deck and the decks you see in the current meta. Do the daily quests and always do the tavern brawl for cards or for dust. I would even suggest buying 50 bucks of decks to get your cards up to par. I try to play and a few games per day and I have just about every competitive card in the game. I went on a 5 game losing streak before I finally won one and quit just to say I didn't stop playing on a losing streak. Keep at it - it's going to pain me to say it because I absolutely despise these decks but play face hunter or zoo lock. They are cheap and you can beat down quite a few decks even if they have epics and legendary cards.
Forum Troll
AG
I wad thinking about buying some cards. My understanding is that a lot of the naxxramus cards are going bye bye? Should I try and fill out the classic cards or just buy some of the new xpac?

I've read about wild and I don't think I'd play that mode much since I'd be at a severe disadvantage.
Cloud
Naxx cards will not be playable at all in the new standard format.

I'd definitely recommend filling out your classic set first.
Ganondorf
AG
Took a walk down memory lane and leveled a hunter to 20 to unlock Liadrin. Definitely an interesting time as I spent a whole lot of hours playing that game and didn't touch it for 5 years.
redline248
AG
Yep, WoW has changed a lot since then.

This is a statement from the lead developer for hearthstone:
quote:
Ironbeak Owl and Big Game Hunter don't fit well into the Classic set.
nerfs a comin!
Forum Troll
AG
Do they think silence is too cheap for 2 mana?
redline248
AG
They likely think both those cards are way too cheap for how powerful they can be.
Forum Troll
AG
So I've been moving up a bit with a half-asses murloc warlock deck. It has its limitations. I just ran into a druid who had some card that gave him all 10 mana crystals if he discarded his hand. He had this on turn 2. Then on turn 3 summoned some 12 attack dragon. I'm guessing I just got unlucky on the draw but the 10 mana crystal card seems super OP.

Edit: So it looks like the card is called Astral Communion. From what I've read, I was super unlucky on the draw that game. It sounds like decks relying on that card are very susceptible to aggro decks
Ganondorf
AG
Astral Communion is better then combo at least. You just ended up being the 1/10 game that he can double innervate and get it out early.
redline248
AG
If I tried to use astral communion, it would be a hundred games before I ever drew it by turn 3 or 4.
Brenner
AG
All of the nerfs were announced. Surprised that blade fury was changed so much.. big hit for Rogue.
Ganondorf
AG
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20097355/
Ganondorf
AG
Mainly stat changes and increased mana costs, sometimes both to the same card.

Glad to see the force savage combo fixed.

Blade flurry is changed but not too crazy. Increased mana cost and can't damage the hero.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Glad standard is almost here. I'm ready to not be at a constant disadvantage being without Naxx. It seems like literally every good deck uses those cards. And I'm ready to open my 50 packs.

RIP Druid.
Really???
Are the nerfs already in place?

Some of things I'm fine with, others they may as well just remove the card. Arcane Golem is useless now.
redline248
AG
Not in place yet.
Cloud
Poooor combo Druid.
TKEAg04
AG
quote:
Are the nerfs already in place?

Some of things I'm fine with, others they may as well just remove the card. Arcane Golem is useless now.

Good. Knife Juggler was hit hard also. Hopefully this tones down some of the aggro decks that are straight up chicken-****. I despise face hunters - they require no skill or forward thinking to play.
Predmid
AG
Wanna say that to my face?
TKEAg04
EastSideAg2002
Blade fury change kills my Miracle Maly deck
redline248
AG
There's a live stream going right now of the Old Gods release event, or whatever. Already revealed 32 new cards. There's a list of them on hearthpwn
redline248
AG
There will be nothing but C'thun decks forever

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.