Hearthstone Nerds

136,244 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redline248
Tastybrisket10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been playing a wild deck with the mayor, dreadsteed, and Nzoth. It is hilarious watching your opponent try to get through 5 dreadsteeds to kill noggenfogger.
redline248
AG
What is everyone's mage beater this season? I have right at 50% wins in ranked, but I'm 12-23 vs mage. Including 1-5 against them as a mage.
Line Ate Member
AG
Be luckier with my mage draw and have Alex, two fireballs and a frost bolt in my hand at turn 9.

In all honesty, I played a warrior as a mage. I had 1 health for 2 turns. I had Alex out, he had 15 health and was able to freeze his minions with a Blizzard and him with a frost bolt. I had nothing else. My next hand, I drew pyro and melted his face.

The way the mage meta is right now, if you are feeling lucky, play it. If you aren't, hopefully you won't have to deal with too many on your climb.
Predmid
AG
Eater of secrets.
redline248
AG
Predmid said:

Eater of secrets.

Well, yeah, but as soon as I put that in a deck, it's all aggro druid.
redline248
AG
FYI - looks like the double gold event ends on Wednesday.
Line Ate Member
AG
But it looks like the Ftost Event (whatever that is) starts right after and goes up until launch of the Frozen Throne.

So probably not double gold, but still going to be pretty good with some special events and log-in goodies.
redline248
AG
How do you force a priest to concede?

Predmid
AG
With tiny pictures?
redline248
AG
Yeah, on mobile I'm not sure what the hell happened there.
redline248
AG
FYI - if you play pirate warrior in casual, you're an assh0le
Post removed:
by user
3rd and 2
AG
Hmmm, try it for free a bit. Maybe watch some twitch? I can bet the new user experience is no fun at all though.
Line Ate Member
AG
As someone who started after a few expansions, it is really hard to be competitive. However there are some decks out there that you can use to be somewhat successful. Don't get frustrated. It gets better. When the new expansion comes out, it kind of evens out for a bit if you have enough gold to get a few packs.
redline248
AG
I predict that this will be a very hated card

Cloud
I don't think it will be as broken as it looks.
redline248
AG
Cloud said:

I don't think it will be as broken as it looks.
I don't think it's super OP, since it only does the effect once, and there's no guarantee it's drawn early. But think of the tears when it discards the opponent's hero card.
Cloud
Yeah. It will be a pretty good tilt card
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Looks like a glorified River Croc to me. If it said burned a card from the bottom of your opponents deck, would that make it any different? Not really. Rarely do you get to the last card in your deck in this meta.
redline248
AG
Aggie_Outlaw said:

Looks like a glorified River Croc to me. If it said burned a card from the bottom of your opponents deck, would that make it any different? Not really. Rarely do you get to the last card in your deck in this meta.

I must be missing your point. Yes, it's way different if it says burn the bottom card.
Predmid
AG
In my mind, it's a vanilla 2/3 for 2. The effect is minor and only realllly affects combo and control decks that have a singular win condition if you get super lucky and happen to mill that singular win condition.

Against aggro & midrange decks, this effect is nearly useless.

One of the last 'reality is backwards from perception' concepts a newbie to MtG is the idea of random milling being good when in reality, it has nearly zero affect on the game.

If you have a way to insta-mill an opponent's library through a combo, that is one thing. To randomly dump singular cards a couple at a time is a near zero affect. It doesn't strengthen your board state and it does not weaken an opponent board state. It does not affect either players hand or their next draw. The odds are nearly the same to draw a relevant card as the next card regardless of what and how many cards have been milled.
redline248
AG
most people build their decks with good cards. Burning a hex, a fireball, a legendary like Lyra, a spikedidged steed, an arcanite reaper, etc, all impact how quickly your opponent can kill you, or you kill your opponent. It's not world breaking, but the effect is not miniscule. At least, not to me.

A better question is whether or not warlock is playable, not is this card any good...
EastSideAg2002
Gonna build a meme deck with rogue pirate shadowstep for this bad boy
Predmid
AG
redline248 said:

Aggie_Outlaw said:

I must be missing your point. Yes, it's way different if it says burn the bottom card.

No, it's exactly the same.

In a game state where the top card of your deck is not known, it is simultaneously every single card in your deck proportional to the percentage of your deck. The same is true for the 2nd card, 5th card, and 30th card in your deck. Milling the top or the bottom or one chosen completely at random is mathematically the same thing.
redline248
AG
But discarding one vs discarding none is not the same.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Predmid said:

In my mind, it's a vanilla 2/3 for 2. The effect is minor and only realllly affects combo and control decks that have a singular win condition if you get super lucky and happen to mill that singular win condition.

Bingo.

redline248 said:

Huh? We're saying discarding the top card is the same as the bottom card is the same as a random card. It essentially doesn't matter unless you reach the bottom of your deck.

It's a river croc and won't be played by any competitive decks. IMO.
Predmid
AG
Aggie_Outlaw said:

Predmid said:

Bingo.

redline248 said:

Huh? We're saying discarding the top card is the same as the bottom card is the same as a random card. It essentially doesn't matter unless you reach the bottom of your deck.

It's a river croc and won't be played by any competitive decks. IMO.

If this is a one off mechanic on a card, agreed; but without knowing the rest of the set, it is hard to say that for certain. Double Discolock could become a thing? You never know.
redline248
AG
Well I just watched Trump talk about this card, and he explains pretty well why it's bad. So, I guess I'm convinced now. The slight upside of hitting a combo piece or other crucial card is not high enough odds to be useful.

So, slightly better than crocolisk, but not much.
Line Ate Member
AG
No talk of the "Gimme your deck" priest legendary card?!? Control priest is going to be rediculous
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
They're making some fun cards. The Thrall DK seems OP.
redline248
AG
Line Ate Member said:

No talk of the "Gimme your deck" priest legendary card?!? Control priest is going to be rediculous
I'm trying to imagine how slow the meta has to be for this to work.
Brenner
AG
Aggie_Outlaw said:

They're making some fun cards. The Thrall DK seems OP.
People were claiming a lot of the quest cards to be OP..
Line Ate Member
AG
Yeah...evolve but that costs two more. Then an evolve as hero power for one minion. Pretty crazy.

I also think that the lifesteal mechanic is going to limit some of the 4 round burst some aggri decks had.
bevokilla
AG
So with the Frozen Throne release next month, is anything getting rotated out of Standard? I did a quick google search but didn't see anything
redline248
AG
Nothing is rotating out until next year. And I'm like 95% sure release is next Wednesday. It's sometime in August.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.