Hearthstone Nerds

132,601 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
Flogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Im not opppsed to spending money per se and im not quite sure what 'serious' investment even means. A few hundred isnt really a big deal for example.

The question is, how popular do you feel this game is?
redline248
AG
According to the lead developer, it's the most popular it has been. It's a featured game on twitch. It'll probably continue being popular for a while.

As for standard vs wild, you're right that standard changes things up pretty frequently. Wild is a total crap shoot on what you're going to face each match.

Investment may not mean money, but time as well.
srob2004
AG
HS is the most popular card game on Twitch and would assume the general gaming public... if you use Twitch as a measuring stick. It also has a pretty busy pro scene although not as lucrative as say Dota2 or CS:Go or League... but still pretty solid.

I do my quests daily and don't do arena, so I spend all my gold on packs. I do spend real money when an expansion comes out if they do some kind of bargain buy/etc.

There have been pros that have made legend with F2P decks but that's very few and far between and even less now that there is the "Hall of Fame" cards. I think with a little time and money you can have just about every card you'll need, especially with the new legend rules coming out.

I always play standard, keeps the game fresh... wild is a crap shoot.
redline248
redline248
AG
Don't click too fast on mobile, you'll end up with a blank post which cannot be edited.

Anyway, the extra ungoro packs promotion has started.
Cloud
srob2004 said:

HS is the most popular card game on Twitch and would assume the general gaming public... if you use Twitch as a measuring stick. It also has a pretty busy pro scene although not as lucrative as say Dota2 or CS:Go or League... but still pretty solid.

I do my quests daily and don't do arena, so I spend all my gold on packs. I do spend real money when an expansion comes out if they do some kind of bargain buy/etc.

There have been pros that have made legend with F2P decks but that's very few and far between and even less now that there is the "Hall of Fame" cards. I think with a little time and money you can have just about every card you'll need, especially with the new legend rules coming out.

I always play standard, keeps the game fresh... wild is a crap shoot.

Play arena. It makes you better. And you'll get to a point where you can go "infinite" between winning a lot and completing quests.
redline248
AG
I can't win consistently enough in arena to make gold
Line Ate Member
AG
I am the same way. It must mean I am terribad
EastSideAg2002
Woohoo, other people who suck at arena besides me!
Predmid
AG
I usually net positive if you think "i spent 150 gold to get a pack and 65 gold"
Predmid
AG
EDIT: Gone. Not the right place.
redline248
AG
Predmid said:

I usually net positive if you think "i spent 150 gold to get a pack and 65 gold"

Yeah, I'd be happy with that result, too. Usually, I'm getting a pack, 25 gold or 20 dust
Staff
This is THE NERDERY -- not politics. Keep that straight. -- Gig 'em!
srob2004
AG
The problem is... not that I do not want to or do not see the value, I do. It's the time. I also love to play TES: Legends and Dota (and now Diablo 3 since Necro is out).

Problem is fitting in normal full time job plus extra work, plus 2x girls in competitive dance, plus the Rib, and so on. Just not enough time in the day.

I do watch a ton of streamers which I think helps, normally catch Thijis, Amaz, Savjz, and Kolento each day, depending on their schedule... although right now, watching TI coverage mostly.

I do play it from time to time, but it's like 2-3 runs per month versus 2-3 per week.
Brenner
AG
Caverns Below is getting a nerf that requires a minion be played 5 times. I unpacked it on day one but never play it because it's not very fun.. Hello free dust!
redline248
AG
There is another of those "choose your champion" events for a tournament. I picked Muzzy, and I don't know why.
Ganondorf
AG
Muzzy blew through the spring championship; 3-0, 3-2, 3-0.

I picked him too.
redline248
AG
https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20720846/it-is-never-too-soon-for-the-midsummer-fire-festival-7-4-2017

Double gold for quests during this event
Aggie_Journalist
AG
If anyone is looking for a strong brawl deck, this one is 5-0 for me:

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Dragon Egg
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Execute
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Rampage
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Blood Warriors
# 2x (3) Devilsaur Egg
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (4) Axe Flinger
# 2x (4) Bloodhoof Brave
# 2x (5) Grim Patron
# 2x (5) Gurubashi Berserker
# 2x (7) Tar Lord
#
AAEBAQcAD9QEjgWABpEG/wfUCPsM+g3mEecR+RHSrgLArwKrwgKZxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Thanks and gig'em
redline248
AG
So, I really don't like playing top decks all that much, but after getting beat over and over by these secret mages, I guess I'm going to have to do it.
redline248
AG
New Expansion: Knights of the Frozen Throne

Back to Icecrown to visit the Lich King
HeadGames
AG
BEN BRODE BEN BRODE BEN BRODE BEN BRODE.

Ganondorf
AG
Ganondorf said:

Muzzy blew through the spring championship; 3-0, 3-2, 3-0.

I picked him too.
as is tradition, he is out first round.
redline248
AG
1-2?
Tastybrisket10
AG
redline248 said:

So, I really don't like playing top decks all that much, but after getting beat over and over by these secret mages, I guess I'm going to have to do it.

I have played since May 2014 and have all golden heroes but never made legend...mainly because I share the same sentiment...I take more joy in the few games I play when I create my own deck and beat a net deck.
Line Ate Member
AG
Do you get anything for second? Kolento was the only one I have watched and lucked out.
agmrpink
AG
How do I know who I voted for?

I randomly guessed and can't remember who I clicked on.
redline248
AG
You'll get 2 or 3 packs, I think. I don't remember exactly how it works.

If you go back to the page for the championship it should tell you who you picked.

https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/esports/tournament/hct-spring-championship-2017
redline248
AG
FYI - Caverns Below nerf went live today, so if you have it and don't want to play it you get a full 1600 dust refund for disenchant.
Line Ate Member
AG
Sweet...I think it is time to craft Alexstrazas, Thalnos, or Jaraxus.
redline248
AG
Zombeast simulator, if you're bored:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/tools/2977-create-your-own-hunter-zombeast
Brenner
AG
Having a lot of fun with control paladin right now. Highly recommend. Always get eye for an eye against mage!

### Control
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (0) Forbidden Healing
# 2x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 1x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (5) Elise the Trailblazer
# 1x (5) Stampeding Kodo
# 2x (6) Ivory Knight
# 1x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Lay on Hands
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAECAZ8FDooB0gTtBfIFzwb6BtsKiq4C5q4CubICucECiMcCyccCz8cCCNwD9AWKB/YHjwmPtAKzwQKbwgIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

redline248
AG
Free arena runs and free packs for playing arena

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2985-free-arena-run-knights-of-the-frozen-throne-card
redline248
AG
So, what do you do when you're facing 7 decent enemy minions the turn after playing Medivh? Free From Amber into Mayor Noggenfogger and the staff summons Anomalus. Happens to be a pretty good board clear.
agmrpink
AG
Noggenfogger would be awesome if the ability allowed enemies to attack their own side of the field, but alas. RIP golden Mayor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.