Hearthstone Nerds

136,248 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was waiting to see how many signed up, and then I forgot all about it. I also wonder how many check this thread regularly
Ganondorf
AG
You know what we really ought to do is do a fireside gathering to get the card back.
Ganondorf
AG
From Reddit, made me laugh.

TKEAg04
AG
I would play that in my control decks.
Ganondorf
AG
Got some reading for you guys in case you don't peruse r/CompetitiveHS/.

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-3/

These guys analyze the data from users to see the actual meta, not just what tempo storm sees. Some interesting analysis from over 8000 logged games. Maybe next week they'll be OVER 9000.

http://sectorone.eu/top-legend-standard-decks-s2p1-pirates-beasts-tentacles/

Sector one is like tempo storm but less known. Still a good look at decks from EU servers.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
quote:
Got some reading for you guys in case you don't peruse r/CompetitiveHS/.

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-3/

These guys analyze the data from users to see the actual meta, not just what tempo storm sees. Some interesting analysis from over 8000 logged games. Maybe next week they'll be OVER 9000.

http://sectorone.eu/top-legend-standard-decks-s2p1-pirates-beasts-tentacles/

Sector one is like tempo storm but less known. Still a good look at decks from EU servers.

This is awesome! Thanks.
Vade281
AG
If yall want to crash the house in Dallas, I can host lol
redline248
AG
Poor warrior

Predmid
AG
Had a very annoying streak of 10 games in a row going 2nd. Lost a lot after always being 1 step behind trying to take control of the board.
redline248
AG
Today's brawl is shht
Line Ate Member
AG
If you get hogger gg. I got a reno and the chick that gets a boost when you use a card on her...that was a quick match
bevokilla
AG
I love todays brawl. Mulligan for a Cho in your opening hand to stall the game. Use the spell on deathwing and profit.
3rdGen2015
AG
I was having lots of fun with this weeks brawl last night. As a month old player, it's nice to actually be able to play legendaries and find out what they do.
Ganondorf
AG
Turns out turns 3 & 4 Rafaam is good (can't use the power up but body is nice). Then turns 4 & 5 Dr. Boom is good too.
agmrpink
AG
I think Hearthstone is trolling me when the brawl draws me these dummies:

• Milhouse
  • Nat Pagle
  • Voltron
  • N'Zoth
  • Sir Finley
  • Mechatron
  • Edit: Don't forget Baron Whathisface
redline248
AG
Kind of like that feeling when you're a few turns in and draw Reno Jackson. What a let down in this brawl.
TKEAg04
AG
I had an opponent this brawl draw nat pagle and lorewalker cho. We kind of figured eachother out as we kept giving each other the 0 cost -3 mana minion buff, and I managed a ~60 spell Yogg-Saron. It was epic.
redline248
AG
Holy ****, I wish I could have seen that.
redline248
AG
I still hate shamans
Predmid
AG
7/7 for 4 is love. 7/7 for 4 is life.
Line Ate Member
AG
I watched a little twitch of the tournament that is going on right now. Almost every match the other player banned the shaman class. It was crazy to see.
Cloud
I've been having a lot of fun with a yogg lock and load hunter. Wrecks zoo, too.
Ganondorf
AG
I get wrecked when I play shaman.
redline248
AG
Been playing a lot of reno lock the past few days. Shaman is the only class to which I regularly lose.

In fact, I'm at 62% wins as reno, but only 29% vs shaman.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
quote:
I've been having a lot of fun with a yogg lock and load hunter. Wrecks zoo, too.

Same here bro! Took me from 15 to 9. Stalling out here though.

Meta report says I should be seeing shaman, warrior and lock. But I'd say I see more hunter and Mage than anything else.

Edit: I literally smile when I see warlock and he leads with flame imp. I'm over 90% against zoo.
redline248
AG
So, I have enough dust to craft a legendary, but I'm torn on which one. My top 5 choices for what I don't have are:

Grommash
Harrison Jones
Leeroy
Chillmaw
Twin Emperor

Grommash, obviously, can only be used in warrior, which I don't play all that much.
Harrison is good in a lot of decks, but can be replaced with swamp ooze
Leeroy good finisher in either control or tempo decks, I think
Chillmaw, pretty much only would be used in dragon priest...maybe some n'zoth decks
Twins, I haven't played a lot of cthun, but I could if I find the right deck

Thoughts?
3rd and 2
AG
Harrison, and it's not close
Predmid
AG
I like twin emperor.
southtexasag
AG
quote:
So, I have enough dust to craft a legendary, but I'm torn on which one. My top 5 choices for what I don't have are:

Grommash
Harrison Jones
Leeroy
Chillmaw
Twin Emperor

Grommash, obviously, can only be used in warrior, which I don't play all that much.
Chillmaw, pretty much only would be used in dragon priest...maybe some n'zoth decks

Thoughts?

Everytime I craft something, I regret it later. lol. I have all those except Chillmaw. I'd say I use Harrison most followed by Leeroy. But if you want to play C'thun, twin is mandatory.
agmrpink
AG
What's your favorite playstyle?
3rd and 2
AG
quote:

Grommash
Harrison Jones
Leeroy
Chillmaw
Twin Emperor

Thoughts?
Which decks do you like to play most?
TKEAg04
AG
quote:

Grommash
Harrison Jones
Leeroy
Chillmaw
Twin Emperor

Thoughts?

Grommash: Used solely in control warrior decks as a finisher. CW requires quite a few other legend so unless you have the other cards, I would skip.

Harrison: I use it in control decks, and in some of my tempo decks. I personally think it's a must have with the amount of Smorc shamans running around with doomhammers. If it were me, this would be the card to craft out of your list.

Leeroy: I use Leeroy in my miracle rogue 2.0 deck. I also use it in my zoo lock deck. It's a good choice if you want to play face decks.

Chillmaw: solely used in dragon priest/warrior decks. I would wait for this card further down the road.

Twin Emps: If you play any type of C'Thun decks, this card and bronzebeard are must haves.

My vote is "That card belongs in a museum!"
redline248
AG
Lately I've been tending to play more control type decks, with renolock getting a lot of time.

edit: I forgot that Archmage Antonidas is also a possibility
Ganondorf
AG
Grommash
Harrison Jones
Leeroy
Chillmaw
Twin Emperor
Antonidas

I have them all but Leeroy and Harrison. Grommash is nice but not necessary. Chillmaw is ok and in my control nzoth warrior deck. I wouldn't have crafted it if I hadn't pulled it from a pack.

Twin emperor is great on paper but I just don't play C'thun decks.

Antonidas is a slow card that you feel you need to keep spells for. I find myself not playing removal when he's in my deck in order to get value out of him. I think that's the reason the meta has shifted away from him.

Between Leeroy and Harrison it is Harrison all day. Reckless Rocketeer can be good enough imo.
3rdGen2015
AG
PCGamer must read TexAgs, they posted this yesterday.

http://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstone-the-20-best-legendary-cards/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.