Hearthstone Nerds

132,602 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish I had all the pieces for a nice Resurrect Priest, it looks like a lot of fun to play. Hard to do without Sylvanas and Rag though.
SF2004
AG
quote:
I wish I had all the pieces for a nice Resurrect Priest, it looks like a lot of fun to play. Hard to do without Sylvanas and Rag though.
So spend some money on some packs?

I don't understand how people can just grind in this game, you spend your time getting destroyed in constructed.

Unless you only play arena (and really good at it) you may want to consider putting some money in.
3rdGen2015
AG
If I could spend like $20 to guarantee both of those legendary cards, I totally would. I've dropped over $100 on card packs since I started in late April though, I can survive without them for now.
TJJackson
For me, I'm trying to keep my spending to a minimum for a couple reasons.

Right now I'm not in position to drop money on packs and it's forcing me to learn to play with what I have. I feel the second reason will help me in the long run, and when I'm in position to drop money on packs I'll be that much better. But it does suck right now getting my fave caved in at level 20.
Predmid
AG
I was salty last night.

Playing a janky c'thund druid.

Build a decent early board

They Coin into barnes, pulls sylvanas.

The 1/3 draw a card when healed jammed into a huge toad on 1 health, toad trigger hit sylvanas, sylvanas hit my invenerated druid of the claw.

I try to stabalize, he later hits onyx bishop into a 2nd sylvanas. Another Onyx bishop into 3rd sylvanas. Into him dropping a just plain regular Sylvanas.

I was pretty salty.
Line Ate Member
AG
quote:

I have Rag but no Sylvanas. It has been fun to play. It does seem like it is very wushu washy though. Sometimes it is perfect and other times not so much
Predmid
AG
I think just need to learn to embrace the RNG.

Go full Yogg'n'Load or full on old gods yogg druid.

Also went back and forth for like 10 minutes between sylvanas and rag on which to craft.

I think I made a mistake.
TJJackson
I think it's official. I'm running mage to make my slow climb up the ladder.

I've previously opened an Archmage Antonidas, and with my Tavern Brawl pack I opened a Pyroblast.

Here is my updated deck. If any of yall have suggestions or critics I'm all ears!

agmrpink
AG
Here are the subs I'd make:
-2x Gnomish Inventor
+2x Loot Hoarder/Novice Engineer
-1 Arcane Missiles
+1 Ice Lance
-1 Faceless
+1 Boulderfist

If you have it:
+1/2 Doomsayer
+1 Blizzard for more crowd control

PS: Hearthstone Deck Tracker or Innkeeper are handy ways of saving/sharing deck lists, and DT excels at recording very detailed deck stats as well.
TJJackson
Made the subs, will play around with the deck to see how I like it. Don't have doomsayer or blizzard yet.

I do have deck tracker on my computer, but I find myself playing on my phone more.
redline248
AG
Menagerie is pretty easy. I used tempo mage for the curator, yshaarj hunter with king krush for the 2nd guy, and mage with a ton of freeze and 1 damage aoe for illhoof.
Line Ate Member
AG
As annoying as Rez priest is, when it works, you can make a person look foolish. My Barnes pulled a 1/1 copy of my Rag out. The hunter killed it, which I texted back on the next turn. I then brought another out with my onyx bishop. He conceded after that.

The next hand though I lost before turn 6. So yeah that was fun
SF2004
AG
quote:
If I could spend like $20 to guarantee both of those legendary cards, I totally would. I've dropped over $100 on card packs since I started in late April though, I can survive without them for now.
Some might not agree but another thing I do is if I have 2 or more copies of a card I disenchant all gold cards. When you do not have a complete set and are still needing cards these give lots of value.

The gold cards are really neat looking but do nothing. I just cleaned out again and looks like I have enough dust to add three legendaries to my collection.
redline248
AG
I keep virtually no golden cards. I might have 1 right now, not counting the basic cards.
TKEAg04
AG
Agreed on DE'ing the golden cards. I'm collecting them now since I have all other cards.

I have been playing a modified N'Zoth Pally that has been doing very well. I took quite a few of the deathrattle cards out and put in more situational/crowd control cards and it's really paying off.

Also - priest is all of a sudden popular again as I see 80% rez priests now.
Line Ate Member
AG
Should I craft a Sylvanas? I have Rag already. I was thinking of n'zoth or yogg because I love me some spell heavy Mage.
redline248
AG
Sylvanas is a really good card, whether the deck includes n'zoth or not. Maybe look online for legendary rankings to see if there is something else you'd rather have.
Cloud
Sylvania is too good to not have
SF2004
AG
I just plain suck at this game.
Predmid
AG
quote:

Same
TKEAg04
AG
Sylvanas is a must have. She's top 5 must craft.
TJJackson
quote:

If yall suck, you should see me!

I made some changes to my Mage, going more spell and secret heavy. I like the deck a lot, and I'm winning every other game which is better than I have been; but it doesn't help moving up the ladder.
TJJackson
Played against Mage earlier and I found myself subconsciously running scenarios of what I should throw out, and how they would counter. I also started planning my win condition early as well. I knew Archmage Antonidas or Pyroblast would be my win condition, and I just started working on staying alive until turn 10 or 11. Was down to 3 health and 2 shield and was able to stay alive long enough to deal 13 damage on the last turn to win.

I know it sounds like basic stuff, but for me that's progress.

I guess now I just need to learn all the decks and metas and then I'll make legend... probably not but one can dream right?
Line Ate Member
AG
I need Yogg...

I was playing a Druid. He popped Yogg. He then popped two secrets, summoned three treants, drew an arc giant with a thistle tea and then nuked my warrior taunt monkey down with a pyroblast. He also copied my hellscream with one of the priest cards.

Needless to say, he went from no board pressence to clearing my board and me staring at 37 damage the next turn. Definitely not friendship.
SF2004
AG
quote:
I need Yogg...

I was playing a Druid. He popped Yogg. He then popped two secrets, summoned three treants, drew an arc giant with a thistle tea and then nuked my warrior taunt monkey down with a pyroblast. He also copied my hellscream with one of the priest cards.

Needless to say, he went from no board pressence to clearing my board and me staring at 37 damage the next turn. Definitely not friendship.
I have him and never once had a favorable outcome.

Yogg, decider of games.
TJJackson
Today's my birthday; should I treat myself to some packs?
Predmid
AG
Yes. Post results.
TJJackson
Got the 15 pack. Nothing really of note, but I was able to dust some cards. I ended up crafting a mana addict and a violet teacher, which goes really well with my Spell Mage.
redline248
AG
Just opened my brawl pack...

got Archmage Antonidas! Finally! whooop
TJJackson
Opened my Brawl pack and I pulled...

Ysera!
Line Ate Member
AG
Nice!!! Brawl packs have been great for TexAgs today. I pulled a Prophet Vellen!
agmrpink
AG
40 Dust!!
Vade281
AG
I got a mountain giant lol
TKEAg04
AG
quote:
Just opened my brawl pack...

got Archmage Antonidas! Finally! whooop
I remember my first Antonidas like it was yesterday!

Congrats!
Ganondorf
AG
All I got was another brawl.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.