Hearthstone Nerds

136,245 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redline248
Line Ate Member
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 catacomb decks with a tavern brawl win this week!
redline248
AG
I was trying to figure out why I had 3. I didn't realize
Brenner
AG
Just hit rank 5 for the first time! Control Paladin is really good right now. Lost 3 from rank 8 to 5, had a few good streaks going. Completely dominates murloc and silver hand paladins and I'm seeing a bunch of those
redline248
AG
Didn't even know control paladin was a thing in this meta.
3rd and 2
AG
Seems like fatigue warrior is kicked by ass above rank 5
Line Ate Member
AG
Be sure to save up at least 2 quests for Monday. Starting on the 26th, you will get a random card deck (ungorro, KoT, catacombs, or new expansion) along with the gold with each quest done. So that is a possibility of 14-16 packs before the expansion hits
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
We did it boys! Second time to legend feels just as sweet!

[url=.html][/url]

This is my second legend run. First was with Renolock right before Reno rotated out. This time I hadn't planned on pushing as I didn't have the time, but made a strong run with Dude paly and ultimately Murloc paly.

I play exclusively on mobile so don't use deck tracker, etc. But I'm really glad I posted my hero win totals as it tells me my win rate from Rank 5 with no stars when I posted those.

I was at 776 on my paly. I ended up with 851 wins when I made legend. I think you need to be +26 from rank 5 no stars to legend.

It took me 75 wins so I'm estimating my win-loss at 75-49 or 60%.

Inb4 agro sucks... But I just didn't have the time to push with a control deck this season.
redline248
AG
If I really wanted to push legend ever, I'd have used aggro paladin. Congrats.
redline248
AG
If you look at HS reddit, you probably already saw this, but if not...

Patches walks into a bar
Ben Brode is the bartender
Patches orders a beer, says "how much?"
Ben Brode says "No charge!"
redline248
AG
Line Ate Member said:

Be sure to save up at least 2 quests for Monday. Starting on the 26th, you will get a random card deck (ungorro, KoT, catacombs, or new expansion) along with the gold with each quest done. So that is a possibility of 14-16 packs before the expansion hits
So, technically this thing starts early Tuesday morning for us. 1:59 am. So that means If we have 3 quests at 8 am tomorrow, we should do at least 1 of them.

I can't decide if it's sneaky (or shady) to start the event 1 minute before midnight on the west coast.
Line Ate Member
AG
Welp I guess I will get my one win left. I have one 3 win quest that I have 2 already on. I had a "Get two wins with a shaman/lock" quest. Thanks for the heads up!
Line Ate Member
AG
Anyone have any idea how the meta is going to shift? Today's cards give life to secret Paladin again. Maybe some new secrets are coming for the class.
redline248
AG
There is just no telling. Have to look first at what cube lock is losing that might decrease it's power.
Line Ate Member
AG
The mod post a few days back said they were looking at cubelock. My guess is cube is going to get nerfed. Like only ringing back one copy or something like that.

Shaman should get a boost. I wonder if there will be people who try to run both heroes in a deck.
redline248
AG
Ben Brode acknowledged that they were looking at cube lock, but said it has a high variance in terms of skill. So not everyone just auto-pilots it to a bunch of wins. I'd be surprised if it actually gets a nerf.
Line Ate Member
AG
New meta tomorrow! What is everyone excited about trying? I am looking at you battlecry shaman!!!
redline248
AG
Trump thinks Shudderwock is the 2nd best card in the set.
Line Ate Member
AG
The Ben Brode card reveal with that other guy was insane. It was funny to see it snowball against him, but that card is crazy. I am thinking of crafting a Zola in preparation but not sure yet...
Brenner
AG
I think the Shaman battlecry decks will be a blast to play. Also excited for the Inner Fire legendary but it'll probably be really annoying to play against. Will try to also make OTK paladin but don't see it working too well.. This is the first expansion I pre-purchased, also have 5k gold and 9k dust so I'm in pretty good shape.
Line Ate Member
AG
How long have you been saving your gold!?! That is awesome!
Brenner
AG
I got into a pretty good groove of opening packs for 2 months then saving for 2 months for the next expansion. Usually end up opening right around 100 packs per expansion. Considering just opening 100 tomorrow then stopping and hoarding gold, making my new plan to blow my load as soon as the expansion drops and immediately saving everything.
redline248
AG
Damn. I only have 4200 gold and a little over 2k dust. How have you avoided crafting anything?
Brenner
AG
It helps that I avoid Druid and Warlock like the plague
redline248
AG
Ha. I'm with you on druid, but warlock might be my favorite class. I have a personal goal to get 500 ranked wins with all classes, and I'm 100% sure druid will be last.
Line Ate Member
AG
Some of the Druid cards seem like they could be fun. The crazy taunt Druid on the stream looked like a lot of fun. I always wished that taunt Druid would have been viable. Just too dang slow
redline248
AG
Happy pack opening

if you manage to login
redline248
AG
Well, things are off to a nice start!

Line Ate Member
AG
I picked up Glass Knight as my free class card...but I did draw Hagatha as my first legendary!
Brenner
AG
Got Hagatha as the freebie plus 6 others in 112 packs. Did not get any that I really wanted (Lady in white, shudderwock, or Baku). I did see redline pull a golden Chameleos though.. no goldens for me.
Vade281
AG
Only 7 legendaries in 124 packs Only noteworthy is a lady in white. Got one golden though.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Rule Number 32
AG
75 packs (been saving a while) - 16 epics and 3 legendaries. wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhh

I got dusk avianna, glass knight, and chameleos. None of which I am interested in playing at all.

This was, by far, the weakest pack opening in the last couple of years for me. Last expansion I opened 7 legendaries in 80 packs or so. Which I know is high, and it spoiled me.
redline248
AG
I did have a couple matches vs Paladins running glass knight and it was annoying, to say the least.
redline248
AG
Yeah...this is a thing

Rule Number 32
AG
Yeah Toast is running that deck right now. He went 9-0 and his first loss was to a shaman running the same deck, and he only lost because he burned Shuddermuck or whatever the card is called.

They are going to have to nerf that card. It should cost 10 mana, and there shouldnt be a way to duplicate it so many times. The last game toast won, he played 10 of them in a turn, each doing 3 damage to the other guy.
redline248
AG
The process takes forever

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.