Hearthstone Nerds

132,605 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brawl is a classic pack this week...was hoping for another Ungoro
Predmid
AG
yay. maybe i'll get something good.
redline248
AG
A little cross topic humor, courtesy of r/hearthstone

Line Ate Member
AG
IT's live!!!!!

9 golden commons
270 commons
5 golden rares
84 rares
14 epics
3 legendaries - Kalimos, Awaken the Makers, and Swamp King Dred

That gave me 1710 dust (30 rares and 182 commons). I have 8415 dust for crafting.
redline248
AG
Quote:

All tables full!

There should be an empty seat in about ............
Predmid
AG
/prequelmemes is leaking.
Brenner
AG
got the Caverns Below (rogue quest) and a golden Clutchmaster Zavas (warlock).. this is the 3rd expansion in a row where I have gotten a golden legendary on day one. I only open about 40 packs with gold that I have saved
3rd and 2
AG
I keep getting booted off while opening packs...
redline248
AG
Number generator was not in my favor today.

Opened 96 packs for a total of 480 cards:

338 common
103 rare
16 epic
3 Legendary
8 golden common
8 golden rare
3 golden epic

2190 dust
3rd and 2
AG
Packs 136
Legends 6
Epics 23
3rd and 2
AG
Taunt warrior is fun.
redline248
AG
Maroon Stormtrooper said:

Packs 136
Legends 6
Epics 23
That's a pretty good rate for legendary cards
Line Ate Member
AG
I have enough dust for 5 legendaries. Trying to figure out what would be the best
Ganondorf
AG
3 legendaries
10 epics

Both paladin and priest quests and the plant guy that summons plants
redline248
AG
New Elise is probably going to be one of my crafts. Then maybe Pyros, hunter quest...and after that I have no idea.
Line Ate Member
AG
I crafted the warrior quest. Taunt warrior is a lot of fun. I am thinking about crafting the warlock one, because I did some climbing with my discardlock deck. When I saw both of the lock cards, I got pretty excited.
redline248
AG
So far I'm 2-0 with taunt warrior. I did the priest quest and went 1-1. I like the new warlock cards, but I don't think enough to craft them.

I also built a handlock deck and shut down a druid playing the quest. That was cool.
Line Ate Member
AG
I made a shaman elemental deck...on turn 9 I was able to draw a 5/30 ozurk. My opponent conceded after that.
TKEAg04
AG
Taunt warrior so far is pretty damn strong. Tough to blast through a constant wall.
agmrpink
AG
What's the word on the legendary plant guy? He was my lone pull from 29 packs. Seems like it might be fun to combo with the paladin quest, so I think I'm going to craft it.

Used all my dust to craft some oldies I've been needing, so RIP golden Noggenfogger, you were moderately fun while you lasted.
Line Ate Member
AG
Last night I beat a taunt warrior with an elemental shaman deck, and then got beat by a zoo queen hunter deck. It is crazy how a bad starting hand can be a detrimate to your end game.

Edit: One thing I will say is that the Reno-Awaken wild deck is pretty dang strong as well. Playing 4 deathrattle minions and then tossing out N'zoth is pretty fun to get the last needed items for the quest.
agmrpink
AG
UPDATE

After some play testing, I've narrowed it down to two options: a) Voraxx sucks ass, or b) I really do.

Edit: It was option B. Clarification, Voraxx + Spikeridged Steed is quite fun with a finisher of Galvadon + Faceless Manipulator (when it works, of course)
redline248
AG
So I tried a kazakus priest with the quest. Amara is like reno on steroids. There are enough deathrattle cards to pull it off, but you just get run over by pirates. I also lost to quest warrior, even though I had him at 3 health for multiple turns. Endless taunts and the hero power landing on key minions is nearly impossible to overcome. It went 5 turns into fatigue before I died.

So far my most successful decks are quest warrior and a burgle rogue. Still haven't crafted/played any of the other quests. It's looking like caverns below is pretty damn good, though.
Cloud
I started playing silence priest last night with Lyra and inner fire/divine spirit. I would say it's preeeetty fun.
redline248
AG
Cloud said:

I started playing silence priest last night with Lyra and inner fire/divine spirit. I would say it's preeeetty fun.
One turned killed by that deck last night. 30/30 plant. That sucked hard.
Predmid
AG
Sometimes you're just destined to lose a game.

My turn 1: Pass
Their Turn 1: Quest, Coin, Swashbuckler, Shadowstep, Swashbuckler, Shadowstep, Swashbuckler,
My Turn 2: wrath swashbuckler.
Their Turn 2: Their Other Swashbuckler.

*attempts to toss table over"

**** the rogue quest.
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Rogue quest deck is the new cancer. If it draws well, it's going to roll over anything. Having them complete the quest by turn 3 or 4 while having never even had a chance to clear the minion from the board, feels way worse to me than getting beat down by pirate warrior.
redline248
AG
Doesn't even do any good to hex or sheep. Need hard removal, and lots of it
Line Ate Member
AG
What is sad is the only thing that has hard enough removal is Priest. However, that is two cards out of 40. I guess you can remove 2 more with Death, but you have to have those in your hand which won't do you any good if you are dead before you can use them.

Mage may be able to stall for a few turns with Blizzard, Nova, fireball and some other spells, but again, you have to have them in your hand.
TKEAg04
AG
Aggie_Outlaw said:

Rogue quest deck is the new cancer. If it draws well, it's going to roll over anything. Having them complete the quest by turn 3 or 4 while having never even had a chance to clear the minion from the board, feels way worse to me than getting beat down by pirate warrior.
I was steamrolled so bad by this deck last night. It was pitiful how bad I got beat.

I also despise Jade Druids. With slow decks you are going to absolutely lose when you have a stream of ever increasing strength to deal with.
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

First we better hope the meta slows down enough so we don't continue to die on turn 6
Bumping this from February. lol, turn 4 deaths now.
gig them
AG
Here's the thing I can't reconcile regarding rogue cancer... why can I not nerf their 5/5's with a Hex/Polymorph, yet they can still buff upwards from 5/5?

The first time I hexxed and realized I created a 5/5 Taunt I had a rage quit for the ages.
Predmid
AG
Or the time I tried wild pyro/equality.

That was fun.
Line Ate Member
AG
The card should read, "the minions you play become 5/5." The mechanics should be that once they are out, they are prone to the same card effects that cards like Bolvar are changed. I would argue that the cards in play shouldn't get the buff either. If they played 4 elemental to get the buff, those 1/2s shouldn't become 5/5s. Every card played after only.

If you make that change, the deck is still insanely strong, but it will cause the rogue player to really choose his cards wisely and play wisely so they have continued board presence after a dragon fire or a equality/pyromancer play.
TKEAg04
AG
I seriously hate and despise rogues now. The rogue quest is so incredibly broken.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.