Hearthstone Nerds

132,607 Views | 1524 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by redline248
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Freeze mage, probably that new paladin deck, and possibly the ever persistent pirate warrior.
3rd and 2
AG
I do ok against hunters with quest warrior
redline248
AG
Maroon Stormtrooper said:

I do ok against hunters with quest warrior

Oh yeah. Taunts stop hunter pretty easy.
Rule Number 32
AG
I've been playing that hunter deck (little bit modified) for the last few weeks and took it to rank 9 last season.

I cruised through 18-9 only losing like 3 matches. One to quest rogue (went like 10-1 against them though) and 2 to quest warrior. I absolutely crushed everything else I faced.

The hard counters to that deck are paladin control (went 0-5 against it at rank 9) and quest warrior (went 1-6 against it between 13 and 9).

The only other slight counter to that deck, if it is played well, is elemental shaman. That deck is tough to overcome when it draws well and is played correctly. I went 2-4 or so against that once I hit 9.
redline248
AG
Heroic brawl
Cloud
Decided to give heroic brawl a shot. Went 8 wins with aggro shaman. 300 gold 9 packs and some dust. 1 more win for way more packs
3rd and 2
AG
Were they latest expansion packs?
Cloud
Yes
Line Ate Member
AG
So I am an idiot. I didn't realize I could change a quest a day!!!
redline248
AG
It was about 5 months after I started playing that I figured that out.
benMath08
AG
This is why it took so long to get those extra deckslots
Line Ate Member
AG
Just got a spiritsinger umbra...pretty much a junk card in the current meta? Most priest decks are the combo or silence decks on hearthpwn.
redline248
AG
Could always give it a try in wild
redline248
AG
Ok, here's what you do with umbra

Line Ate Member
AG
I did play a Druid token with the different eggs, spirit and n'zoth. A hinter had me at 8 health and he had 30. It was funny watching him freak out when I drew spirit to my living mana to my n'zoth. Poor guy.

Edit: no rivendare unfortunetely. I can still buy them for 700 gold each though but I do not have the completed naxx story.
redline248
AG
In this week's brawl...you get Kelthazud, you concede.
Cloud
2nd time legend. Woohoo!

For you stat nerds, I played dragon priest all the way until rank 1 where I hit a wall. Switched to pirate (cough) warrior to finish the grind to legend.

redline248
AG
How many total games did it take?

Am I reading that right that you played 20 hours at rank 1?
Cloud
Total games would be those two decks added together. So around ~165.

No, 20 hours is the playtime of the priest deck, which I used exclusively until rank 1. Total playtime is around 22 hours. (Both decks playtime added together. )

After I hit rank 1, it probably took around 3 hours playtime to get legend. Farted around with that priest deck for about 1.5 hours.
Line Ate Member
AG
Which dragon priest did you use?
Cloud
Here is both decks.

Line Ate Member
AG
I have discovered that I use my priest desk a ton. Lyra is my next legendary I am making
redline248
AG
What decks did you face at 1 that the priest deck couldn't handle? Paladin?
TKEAg04
AG
Control Paladin has been pretty darn good for me this month. I haven't played much, but when I do it's usually a win.
Cloud
redline248 said:

What decks did you face at 1 that the priest deck couldn't handle? Paladin?

Was treading water against pirate warrior and and mages. As you see I did very well in the priest mirror. But I was not seeing many priests at all around rank 1.
redline248
AG
Do you think ysera is a good sub for Elise?
Cloud
Ysera is probably ok. I may want to curve a bit lower though. The historians really help fill out late game dragons. Elise did win me several games. Reeeally nice getting the pack off of shadow vision in control matchups.

I may even consider a Kabal songstealer in that spot. Or a free from Amber
Aggie_Outlaw
AG
Cloud said:

2nd time legend. Woohoo!

Nice job! You definitely know dragon priest.

I'm 2 wins from rank 2. Maybe I'll push this weekend. It's hard to get motivated.
Line Ate Member
AG
Your dragon priest is a lot of fun. I have gone 4-1 since 15. One I just had some terrible rng.
redline248
AG
I think I'm currently 6-7 with the dragon deck (can't remember games on tablet). Elise would probably help, but who knows.

Lot of hunters recently
Line Ate Member
AG
Right after I said that my next 2 were a hand lock that I had no answer to the countless number of fels he brought down after turning to jaraxus and an awakening deck that was mixed with a Kazakus that had answer after answer for me.

It was bad
redline248
AG
Jaraxxus vs priest is always hard.

Oh, and just take solace in the thought that for every time that Amara deck gets a win, it gets run over 5 times in a row by pirates or quest rogue, and a few times to taunt warrior.
Line Ate Member
AG
Man is it fun to put her out and then recall recall her to go up to 40 again.

However, those perfectly drawn hands happen aboit no times for me. It works when I am playing against some of my students, but never in ranked. Maybe because they are worse than me.
Cloud
redline248 said:

I think I'm currently 6-7 with the dragon deck (can't remember games on tablet). Elise would probably help, but who knows.

Lot of hunters recently

If you're seeing a lot of hunters that's probably a good thing. The deck performed very well for me against them.
agmrpink
AG
In the same way that Day9 is the luckiest SoB in the game, I'm his opposite. My pity timer kicked in recently, and got The Marsh Queen, wahoo.

10ish packs later, I get a surprise orange glow. What is it? Kalimos the Duplicate. Eff me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.