******OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 4 XBOX THREAD********

84,657 Views | 1013 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$50 for premium would get me multiple downloadable games (there are at least 2 that I'm very interested in at launch for XB1)... so it's hard to justify.

Pretty sure I'll just be buying 1 or 2 BF4 map packs and I'll be good. High probability that I'll be playing a variety of games for the first 8 months and if there is one game that I might sink 100% into, it's Titanfall.

But that's not BF4 hate... I can't wait to play it on XB1.
Pilmer
AG
I cancelled my uverse account and switched to another service provider. Enough is enough, should be on 11-11
Baskin
AG
You Comcasting?
Pilmer
AG
No, I'm going to DirecPath, it's tied in with Directv at my new place.
Aggietaco
AG
Better now than around 11/22.
jr15aggie
AG
No worries Pilmer... my internet is solid and yet I'm lucky if I get an hour of gameplay before my system freezes!!! My game locked up two times in a row yesterday (froze during map load, restarted console, started loading new map, froze again). I didn't bother turning it back on after that!

LOL, I'm not even mad about it at this point, just hoping it's much better on XB1. All these launch games that release on 360/PS3/XB1/PS4/PC... I think we are going to see a lot of things are rough around the edges. Too many irons in the fire for these devs!

Thursday night is typically pretty good in terms of getting a decent party together... any of you boys playing later on tonight? I'll make an effort to get on.
bearamedic99
AG
some good football on tonight/now so not for a while
jeffk
AG
Maybe later tonight. Watching Stanford beat Oregon right now.
Joe Cole
just got some time in with no crashes

Obliteration on the Railway - if Commander sends cruise missile to OBJ B , you can't plant bomb. Just learned this the hard way

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Obliteration-Mode-Bomb-sites-damaged-from-Cruise-missiles-Can-t/td-p/1743921
Saxsoon
AG
I am asking in both threads.

Are the maps getting bigger once we jump to next gen? The maps feel a little too big on Conquest/Obliteration for 24 players, but I feel like some Rush areas would be packed once we get 64.
agfan2013
AG
Rush is capped at 32 players (at least on official servers, you can probably find custom ones that run up to 64)
Madmarttigan
AG
I feel as though these maps were mostly designed with the thought that most everyone would be playing them with 64. Conquest gets a little boring sometimes in its current state.
rllguitar
AG
TexagE12 for 360
Madmarttigan
AG
You guys really dont get on enough on the weekend > <
Aggietaco
AG
Football season is almost over.
RedbeardAG
AG
Bought the game Friday and played quite a bit over the weekend.

I have played COD for the past several years and wanted to try this out. It was a different experience for sure.

Still getting used to the game but I like the vehicles. Helicopters and planes are impossible... but tanks are fun. I can't help but feel the game would be alot more fun if I was playing with people I knew and we could team up instead of just going off on my own.

Biggest issue.... holy crap the game is buggy. I don't think I've ever seen a major game released with this many bugs. Probably close to a quarter of my games freeze at loading and cause me to restart. There are quite a few texture and sound issues. One of the guns has a big black blob where the iron sights should be for 30 seconds after you spawn making it useless.

Also is there no way to customize your packages in the game lobby without having to go into a game or the training field?
jr15aggie
AG
Redbeard,

We've all made the switch and most of us have not gone back. I came on board in Bad Company 2 and it took me a while to get use to BF having played COD for years.

You are correct, the game is glitchy. I think having to release it on 5 platforms this year really hurt it, but it traditionally has some issues that need to be patched regardless.

Don't worry about the vehicles right now... learn the ground combat first. When you are ready, there is a really nice training grounds where you can test out all the vehicles. And most of us switched our vehicle controls, the default BF4 controls are no bueno.

There was a post in this thread not long ago with another new guy. Find that and see the advice we gave for new players.
Pilmer
AG
I HAVE INTERNET....and I'm at work. I am going to try to play a little this evening.
jeffk
AG
Play at work.
Aggietaco
AG
No, you can't make changes to your loadouts outside of a game.

Download battlelog to your phone/tablet or log in on your PC. You can change loadouts there. I do most of my swapping on my phone while the map is loading based on the style of map and the game mode.

jr15aggie
AG
Is battlelog on your phone sorta clunky? It works, but isn't super smooth like it's too memory intensive for my phone. I have an HTC One so power isn't the issue.

And I'll try and get on tonight Pilmer. I didn't get to play at all this weekend so I'm due some time!
Saxsoon
AG
Clunky as hell on my ipad
Madmarttigan
AG
My load outs and upgrades are usually out of date
Aggietaco
AG
Works just fine on my N5 and only takes 30 seconds or so to update my stuff in game.

Downloaded to the ipad, but haven't tried it out yet.
Agmaniacmike12
Redbeard, we normally have at least 3-4 people on from around 7-11pm every night. If you want to add me: Agmaniacmike, I'll send you a party invite if we have a group together playing.
herb96
AG
Got my 1st jet service star last night.

EDIT: On BF3, took all of two years.

[This message has been edited by herb96 (edited 11/12/2013 8:45a).]
maroonbleeder
AG
Check out this article and video. It is by a vet who has PTSD from his time in Afghanistan. He says that he can't play Battlefield because the sound is too close to the real thing. The awesome sound effects are my favorite thing in battlefield.

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/epicsteve/blog/ptsd-and-how-battlefield-potentially-saved-my-life/103621/
Madmarttigan
AG
I am kind of a sad panda my tanks/choppers/boat are fully upgraded and I have all of the weapons I want. I suppose I could work on sniper rifles.
bearamedic99
AG
jeez, herb. That's crazy. Are you sticking with mostly air maps? I'm surprised BradC34 is not here or posted that first.

Except for the fast attack boat, I have barely progressed on any vehicle.

Anyone else having glitch problems when moving from water to land? I once spawned off a squad mate in the water near the dock and it put me under the dock so I was swimming under all of the land (unable to interact with anything) and unable to get out of my prison without redeploying. Another time I exited a vehicle in the water to have the graphics start spinning while occasionally showing pixelated/unrecognizable landscape.
jr15aggie
AG
I just got a new router, so I'll see if that helps any with the glitching. Had the old faithful Linksys router which was 10 years old. I had the open NAT configured, but it was causing other Web issues too. My new router had a plug and play Xbox Live feature so I'm hoping it helps a little. I seemed to have a lot more issues than others like when searching for custom servers and getting no results, trouble joining games, etc.
jeffk
AG
Shotgun toting Mike is a PAIN!
Aggietaco
AG
First glitch/freeze last night since release so I hung it up early.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I just got a new router, so I'll see if that helps any with the glitching

Nope, glitch fest was still happening!

Any my apologies for those that played a bit later... I was being a whiney little you know what! But it was all Mike's fault... like Keester says, his shotgun with full choke was just not fair and I got more than a little annoyed. I'll try and not complain so much next time. BF4 is fun, just have to keep reminding myself of that... I'm having a good time... I'm having a good time... NO FRIGGIN WAY THAT SHOTGUN KILLED ME FROM 20 YARDS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I give Mike a tough time about the shotgunning, but really I'm just jealous I haven't unlocked it yet. (Reminder - need to run support more.)
Agmaniacmike12
Can't blame ya'll one bit for being annoyed with the shotguns. That 870 with full choke was disgusting. When Texag and Keester got off, I proceeded to ravage Vitas and Aggie's whole team with that sucker to the tune of 50 kills. Just working through my unlocks, once I unlock all the shotguns I'll probably call it quits on those for awhile.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.